The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    Good Day Everyone

    Share
    avatar
    pingman360

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 27
    Location : NC

    Good Day Everyone

    Post  pingman360 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:33 pm

    I didnt realize that this forum still offered a play of refuge for those who had been run out of GR, I would have thought it would have dried up long ago.

    So major questions..... is dorkman actually still alive? how are things at the SPCC? is Loz still a man-whore? how many of you still play golf? so many more but lets start with these.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1774
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 pm

    GR didn't run us out. It merely stopped breathing and expired. And FD was kind enough to create this living organism that we could inhabit as our refuge. I'm sure the other refugees here will welcome you.
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Horseballs on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:14 pm

    Hey Pinger. How goes it? We are down to about a dozen members/refugees from GR.
    I still play golf at the SPCC. You still instructing? You've got to be what, 22 or 23 now?
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 857
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Pky6471 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:42 pm

    Horseballs wrote:Hey Pinger.  How goes it?  We are down to about a dozen members/refugees from GR.  
    I still play golf at the SPCC.  You still instructing?  You've got to be what, 22 or 23 now?  

    sh$$$tttt, 22 or 23... how about 63+ for me but maybe younger than Mongrel bounce
    Who is Dorman again? I am losing my memory slowly
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 445
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  jt1135 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:03 pm

    Howdy. Yep, still golf but now in the winter, all I can do is look out the window and yearn for the days of sunshine and warmth.

    avatar
    jmtbkr

    Posts : 359
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : LawnGuylund/Palm Beach Gardens

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  jmtbkr on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:52 pm

    Still here.

    1st winter in south florida cheers sunny sunny
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 696
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Lorenzzo on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:05 pm

    No… I'm a one woman man these days. Moved to Utah ski and do volunteer work. I'm in my 50s now so chasing women is too much trouble. I teach part time and since I wear a uniform guests sometimes ask me questions like: "where do I go?"

    No golf.

    Fill us in.
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 445
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  jt1135 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:08 pm

    Lorenzzo wrote:No… I'm a one woman man these days. Moved to Utah ski and do volunteer work. I'm in my 50s now so chasing women is too much trouble. I teach part time and since I wear a uniform guests sometimes ask me questions like: "where do I go?"

    No golf.

    Fill us in.

    Does your uniform look like Judge Smails' St. Andrew suit Lo?
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 696
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Lorenzzo on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:58 pm

    jt1135 wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:No… I'm a one woman man these days. Moved to Utah ski and do volunteer work. I'm in my 50s now so chasing women is too much trouble. I teach part time and since I wear a uniform guests sometimes ask me questions like: "where do I go?"

    No golf.

    Fill us in.

    Does your uniform look like Judge Smails' St. Andrew suit Lo?

    Actually worse...but it's changing next year to something pretty cool. No matter how they look it's pretty weird wearing one. The last time was when I was a valet parking attendant back when I was 20.

    I kind of feel bad for my associates. It's a great, professional, highly skilled job but it pays shit even with tips. The resort covers half our lunches, but even then most instructors have to penny pinch and get stuff like chilli fries and then share them to keep lunch costs below $5. An energy bar company provides free bars at certain locations and at times they look like bird feeders for humans. I feel badly ordering food I like and then eating it in front of them but I do, although I share.

    I only work 1 or 2 days a week plus holidays unless there's pow like today and then I pass. I'll also work if I have private lessons with people I like, particularly big partyers who want a ski instructor/town guide to accompany them, you know, to make them seem cool and local, where I can party and have fun on their nickel. The better clients fork over big money for that service.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1774
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Mongrel on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:25 am

    Pky6471 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:Hey Pinger.  How goes it?  We are down to about a dozen members/refugees from GR.  
    I still play golf at the SPCC.  You still instructing?  You've got to be what, 22 or 23 now?  

    sh$$$tttt, 22 or 23... how about 63+ for me but maybe younger than Mongrel bounce
    Who is Dorman again?  I am losing my memory slowly

    Mongrel 68 in less than two moons.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  FamousDavis on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:08 am

    Welcome Pingman, I'm trying to figure out how to get more members on the best golf forum. Nobody seems to appreciate our sarcasm. Tony is our most avid poster and continues to post regardless of typically having zero responses or a few sarcastic replies. I've maintained my 5 handicap while only playing once every two weeks. I remember the days when I played 2 or 3 times a week in a big skins game.

    Dixon Cox

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2015-01-22

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Dixon Cox on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:50 am

    Hi. I was saddened by my...banning at GR. Never sure why and I wasn't even a tool.
    Psychologically, I have barely recovered. I still use a Tri speed ball and west my glove on the wrong hand sometimes. Total psych job of course.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:41 pm

    Dixon Cox wrote:Hi. I was saddened by my...banning at GR. Never sure why and I wasn't even a tool.
    Psychologically, I have barely recovered. I still use a Tri speed ball and west my glove on the wrong hand sometimes. Total psych job of course.

    Wow banned from GR? WTF did you do to get banned? GR was almost unbannable? There were only two bannings that I recall. Tessee for posting about golf in Vietnam, an unforgivable sin, and Spank for faking Dorkman's death. He sure fooled a few of us but it was only a 12 month ban.

    BTW welcome to our forum.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1774
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Mongrel on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:54 pm

    Anyone who still uses TriSpeed balls is OK in my diary. Last year I discovered the benefits of Callaway Hex Chromes and Diablo Hex Tours but I still alternate with the wonderful Srixon Tri-Speed Tours in their limey-infused citron. Those fuckers look sick with the bright red dots I put on them with the indelible marker and I put enough on so that they are visible however the ball lands. However my eyes are so bad that even the yellow can't help since I can't see a ball in flight past about eighty yards. But I'm fixing to have the eye operations very soon before the upcoming season starts so hopefully that will be fixed.
    avatar
    pingman360

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 27
    Location : NC

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  pingman360 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:29 pm

    Yep I'm 24 now, own a golf academy with two locations and have 4 instructors working for me as well. Teaching keeps me busy but I still play some tournament golf although not as much as I would like. All in all I'm doing well, always looking for new ventures; I started, ran, and sold a mini tour based here in NC, and have a few things in the works for my next project.

    Still miss the good old days at GR!!
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:19 am

    pingman360 wrote:Yep I'm 24 now, own a golf academy with two locations and have 4 instructors working for me as well. Teaching keeps me busy but I still play some tournament golf although not as much as I would like. All in all I'm doing well, always looking for new ventures; I started, ran, and sold a mini tour based here in NC, and have a few things in the works for my next project.

    Still miss the good old days at GR!!

    Don't we all. Crying or Very sad

    Sounds like you're doing great Pingman. Well done.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:12 pm

    As for me, I just recently sold one of my auto dealerships. I've got a personal assistant named Sasha and somewhere around 20 to 25 employees at my other ventures. It's not much but it puts food on the table. I've won a few club championships but I'm thinking of joining one of the mini tours. If Qtong represents the level of play I think I have a good chance. After all, I've broken par three times in my life.

    At 24 I had already made my first million. I bought options in Cisco and made a killing. Today my life can only be described as one of luxury. I'm not bragging or anyting.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Good Day Everyone

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 am