The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

Political Slaughter

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Political Slaughter Empty Political Slaughter

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:39 am

Well...the Dems got the absolute shit kicked out of them yesterday. What's interesting is how a clear majority of the electorate prefers Dem ideology but considers the individual politicians to be incompetent because they believe Obama is incompetent.

It puts that fat ass front runner in the strange position of trying to appear unconnected with Obama or entrenched government. Not sure what possible way Hillary isn't both. Because few latinos will vote Republican Hillary will probably win and be the least trusted, most hated President-elect ever.

Bill was a pretty good President but Hillary makes me want to projectile vomit.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Political Slaughter Empty Re: Political Slaughter

Post  Mongrel Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:18 am

I have not vomited since I stopped drinking alcohol. But whenever she appears on my TV screen, I am tempted to make some time to go out to the farm and zero in my .50 Barrett.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:40 am

I haven't seen the spin yet, though I imagine Obama is spinning like mad. I think he is a sore loser and a bad winner. I'm guessing the "reason" for the losses will have nothing to do with Obama's policies, but will be related to unfair superpac spending, low turnout due to something silly like weather, or racist voter ID laws.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Horseballs wrote:I haven't seen the spin yet, though I imagine Obama is spinning like mad.  I think he is a sore loser and a bad winner.  I'm guessing the "reason" for the losses will have nothing to do with Obama's policies, but will be related to unfair superpac spending, low turnout due to something silly like weather, or racist voter ID laws.  

Actually in these elections the cause of the trouncing is possibly more clear than causation has ever been at any time for anything else, ever.  Not too long ago Obama publicly stated these midterm elections were "make no mistake about my economic policies." That's somewhat out of context but that's the soundbite offered up to Republicans and then used in practically every close election around the country.

It was one of the stupidest lines ever uttered by a human being and gift wrapped the elections to the Republicans. Had he said Democrats are idiots and only a fool would vote for one it may not have had as great an impact.  

It's long been obvious Obama has no idea how to translate his agenda into effective policy that makes sense.  After six years even many Democrats get this. Face it… whatever your political compass is this is someone who had never accomplished anything ever other than perhaps getting elected.  Americans prefer to vote for who they like and fall for speeches rather then select the way a Board of Directors would for a CEO.

Yes...Americans are pretty darn stupid.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 pm

The Clintons, like Obama, are Republican-Lite in ideology. We are the only democracy on the planet with a far right party, a well right of center party, and no progressive party.

In January, Obama's veto may, in theory at least, be the only thing left to defend social security and medicare. The Supreme Court, the House, and the Senate will all be far right, and that skinny Schwartza will represent the only non-Republican element of federal government.

It's one thing to be the most socially regressive nation in the developed world. Now, however, it's not difficult to see us going well beyond that. We may be entering this continent's dark age--the new feudalism. And we may be the last generation to witness America as a globally relevant nation.

If a truly civilized nation ever occupies our real estate again, it will be most likely be named something else. I have no suggestion for a name, but I will go on record as supporting 1950s lofts on numbered irons.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:52 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:The Clintons, like Obama, are Republican-Lite in ideology.  We are the only democracy on the planet with a far right party, a well right of center party, and no progressive party.

In January, Obama's veto may, in theory at least, be the only thing left to defend social security and medicare.  The Supreme Court, the House, and the Senate will all be far right, and that skinny Schwartza will represent the only non-Republican element of federal government.    

It's one thing to be the most socially regressive nation in the developed world.  Now, however, it's not difficult to see us going well beyond that.  We may be entering this continent's dark age--the new feudalism. And we may be the last generation to witness America as a globally relevant nation.  

If a truly civilized nation ever occupies our real estate again, it will be most likely be named something else. I have no suggestion for a name, but I will go on record as supporting 1950s lofts on numbered irons.  

Americans weren't really saying they support Republican ideology, they were reacting emotionally to feeling unhappy so they blamed Obama and voted in the opposite direction. Let no one jump to the conclusion that Americans have shed their diapers, grown brains and thus were acting rationally. If the Repubs push their agenda they'll alienate and lose the next election which includes President.

Both sides are kind of boxed in but the Repubs even moreso. Both sides will feel the need to water down and will. Remember they're politicians (whores).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm