The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Fall.......

Lorenzzo

Fall.......

Post  Lorenzzo on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:48 pm

No… this thread isn't about the US Ryder Cup team. A thread on that topic would be called Utterly Destroyed or perhaps Total Disaster.

This thread is about the 2014 transition from summer to winter.  Today is the last day temperatures here in Park City will be in the 70s and summer-like. The massive front to arrive tomorrow will usher in fall and then winter. October will be in the 50s and 60s as the leaves exit the trees and snow collects at higher elevations.

Today is most likely my last day in shorts and t shirt, save bike rides. This weekend warm clothing gets pulled from the rear of the closet. Can't wait to see the peaks with snow. Can't wait for the hills to open mid to late November.

The stoke here is almost deafening.
    Pky6471

Re: Fall.......

Post  Pky6471 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:No… this thread isn't about the US Ryder Cup team. A thread on that topic would be called Utterly Destroyed or perhaps Total Disaster.

This thread is about the 2014 transition from summer to winter.  Today is the last day temperatures here in Park City will be in the 70s and summer-like. The massive front to arrive tomorrow will usher in fall and then winter. October will be in the 50s and 60s as the leaves exit the trees and snow collects at higher elevations.

Today is most likely my last day in shorts and t shirt, save bike rides. This weekend warm clothing gets pulled from the rear of the closet. Can't wait to see the peaks with snow. Can't wait for the hills to open mid to late November.

The stoke here is almost deafening.

Sh$$$t, it's time for you to move back to S.CA Mad
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Fall = Autumn = Fucking Leaves
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:46 am

7 weeks and I go back down south.

Fall on long island is my favorite time of the year, but I agree with Mongrel. Leaves on the course = many lost balls.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:36 am

I was referring to leaves on my fucking yard and pool. I don't mind leaves on the golf course. A leaf on a green will just as likely deflect your putt into the hole as away from it. Flip a coin. In season, I will typically play a yellow ball. When the leaves fall, I switch to white. Show me a tree that drops white leaves and it will not be on this planet.
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:10 am

Not worried about yard leaves......Javier and Elmer use the back-pack blowers and do weekly yard maintenence AND truck them away lol!
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Although there' still a month to the official start of winter, it's already colder than Ann Coulter's tits here in New England.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Just wait until tomorrow. It'll be colder. Think Hillary's snatch.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:22 pm

This Sunday it's going to be 60+, I will be either that the range or hit the links weather permitting
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:41 pm

One more week to go and, crap!!! it's 23* outside......aaaaahhhhhh!

Glad I don't live near Buffalo sunny
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:33 pm

jmtbkr wrote:One more week to go and, crap!!! it's 23* outside......aaaaahhhhhh!

Glad I don't live near Buffalo sunny
    The only people who aren't glad they aren't living in Buffalo are people who live in Buffalo. They wish they didn't. I think that covers everybody.

We have our first real hammer coming on Saturday and lasting several days. When it's over we'll be covered in snow, roads will be closed, the hills will be chock-full of base and Skiff.... That's my dream anyways.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:08 am

I was a student at SUNY AB from 1973-1976 so I know the weather there well. We lived about the poor Amherst area which was a walking distance from the main campus. One year (74-75?) we had so much snow like this Nov and it covered the patio door and we got stuck in a first floor apt for at least 2 days... Well , we survived as students , walking around without car... 1 to 2 wks of Spring ... Glad that I don't live close to that kind of weather... If up to me, I already move to Chandler/Gilbert AZ area
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I worked in Buffalo for two years in 2003-2004. My very last flight home was right before Christmas. Buffalo got 3 feet of snow and Delta's computer system crashed. It was Buffalo's last little piece of revenge. I'm almost happy it happened, since I will always hold that place in contempt and would never be tempted to work there again, regardless of compensation.
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Our last day was the 8th of November. Started snowing the 9th and ended up with 15 inches. After the storm the temps dropped and we've had 12 days of subfreezing at times getting down subzero temps. Gonna be one long assed winter this year.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 am

jt1135 wrote:Our last day was the 8th of November.  Started snowing the 9th and ended up with 15 inches.  After the storm the temps dropped and we've had 12 days of subfreezing at times getting down subzero temps.  Gonna be one long assed winter this year.
    JT, you're in Minny right?
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 am

That is correct sir.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:26 pm