The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

A little PO'd!

jt1135
    jt1135

A little PO'd! Empty A little PO'd!

Post  jt1135 Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Got home about nine pm after 18 of golf and a few hours at the local bar, two miles by gravel, and turned the boob tube on.

Here it is, June 6, and not one goddamned movie on about D-Day!

No Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day and countless others. Not a phucking thing!!!

jt1135
    jt1135

A little PO'd! Empty Re: A little PO'd!

Post  jt1135 Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Oh yeah. The lead topic on yahoo's homepage is about the execution of Slovak during WW2.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 pm

That's because of the millions of American Kool-Aide drinkers who put the current dung wagon load of musloid cretins into power. The only reason they celebrate D-Day is that it was a major step in defeating Hitler which enabled the Commies to thrive. And those critters have come home to roost on our American soil.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:05 pm

Golf is physically a great game.

Most of the people who play it are mouth-breathing wingnuts with double digit IQs. It's not a nice thing for me to say, but it's absolutely true.

Love golf. Don't love most golfers. Or unfettered free enterprise. Or religion. Or chauvinistic nationalism posing as patriotism.

In other words, don't worry--same old Nifty!
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:20 am

I'm a little PO'd again today.

Obscure Super-Middles (14 stone) tonight on Showtime. Neither lad will likely ever get a sniff at Carl Frosh or Andre Ward.

I'm really down on team sports these days. Rosters change so frequently that the games have become about rooting for laundry without caring who's wearing it. That's not for me.

So it's become really important for HBO and Showtime to present good boxing and they're in a lull. Not enough Gennady Golovkins to showcase.
    To make matter worse, the guys promoted by Bob Arum don't fight the guys promoted by Oscar DeLaHoya, so some of the most desired matches are never made.

The world has never been in greater need for an enlightened dictator, I guess.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:13 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:I'm a little PO'd again today.

Obscure Super-Middles (14 stone) tonight on Showtime. Neither lad will likely ever get a sniff at Carl Frosh or Andre Ward.

I'm really down on team sports these days. Rosters change so frequently that the games have become about rooting for laundry without caring who's wearing it. That's not for me.

So it's become really important for HBO and Showtime to present good boxing and they're in a lull. Not enough Gennady Golovkins to showcase.
    To make matter worse, the guys promoted by Bob Arum don't fight the guys promoted by Oscar DeLaHoya, so some of the most desired matches are never made.

The world has never been in greater need for an enlightened dictator, I guess.

In the meantime… check out The Tudors originally done by Showtime if you haven't already. There are four seasons, all available on Netflix. Incredibly well done. Don't know how accurate it is about times back then but it sure does describe the way life works today. Those with power will always use it for their own purpose. Human weakness doesn't change.

What I like most about it is the way it explains the existence and nature of religion. Which of course explains most everything else believed by humans.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 pm

I'll check it out "On Demand." Comcast has all four seasons up on the menu.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm