The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Rating the Rookies 2014 - Part 1

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Rating the Rookies 2014 - Part 1 Empty Rating the Rookies 2014 - Part 1

Post  tonyj5 Thu May 08, 2014 12:31 am

With the LPGA season about 1/3 complete (10 of 32 tournaments have been played), I would like to take a look at how the rookies are faring so far this year. I will do this again at the 2/3 mark and a final time at the end of the season. These ratings are strictly based on how they fared in LPGA events only. Any successes or failures on other tours are not considered here. My main objective here is to analyze the chances of these rookies retaining their LPGA cards next season. Ideally you would like to finish in the top 80 on the money list. That will guarantee you a priority list ranking good enough to compete in all full-field events. If you finish further down the money list you then have to worry about the top 10 ladies coming off the Symetra Tour, and qualifying school graduates getting to play ahead of you. If you finish in the top 100 on this year's money list, you will still play in most events next year. Further down the list than that, there are no guarantees about playing time. Players can also earn full time playing cards by finishing in the top 10 on the Symetra Tour. Let us see how they are doing so far.

In alphabetical order:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2014/05/rating-rookies-2014-part-1.html

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am