The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Mood music

jt1135

Re: Mood music

Post  jt1135 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Never heard of her before but yeah, she should go a long way in the business. Very nice. Actually, she kicks ass.

Thanks for the tip.
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:10 pm

after looking thru some samantha fish clips on you tube ran into this one from carolyn wonderland.

Lot of good music out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b4fJRPnZT0
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:13 pm

jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Carolyn Wonderland be very good too. Like the keyboardist and that box seat drum seems to be a current trend. Just saw one used by the guys playing at the bar where the old lady and I had dinner tonight. Mic them up right and they're killer.
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:59 pm

jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 pm

My thoughts of this golf site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtCittJyr0
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Well fuck it! Since I got a good buzz going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 am

There is one musical instrument I hate more than the accordion and that's the banjo. The Les Paul Goldtop is nice, though. As is the pedal steel.
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 pm

I'm listening to Sinatra right now.

Tomorrow it may be Charlie Parker.

But anything after mid-sixties Stax Volt doesn't exist in my man cave library. Maybe a litte Dr. John, but that's about it, and there's nothing modern about that either..

Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:23 pm

I don't have a damn CD player in my man-cave (Furnace Room) that works but most of my 100 or so CD's are of records pressed before 1975. My favorites are the jazz records recorded at Rudy Van Gelder's studio in north Jersey. He had that magic two inch tape machine--Ampeg, I think--that imparted all its vacuum tube wonderfulness to the likes of Grant Green, Kenny Burrell, Wes Montgomery and so my piano and horn greats I can't even name one now. I listen to my "Best of Young Miles" recorded in 1946 with the Charley's -- Parker and Christian.
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Try to even find a new CD player, Mongrel. I recently, to replace my dead Sony, bought a used TASCAM pro audio model at a Guitar Center just outside of Boston. A modern Blue Ray player is smaller than a cigar box and weighs nothing. This Tascam CD player is all metal and has a 19" rack mount front panel. It also has XLR balanced outputs as well as the usual RCA red/white connectors. Also, a built-in headphone amplifier if you don't want to turn on your hi fi set at all. Kids today are happy with their stupid little ipods, but you should check out the pro audio shops for a pro CD player. Unlike the home stuff, they last forever and are actually repairable should that become necessary. And while they were very expensive new, they cost next to nothing used. Used pro equipment is so reasonable that I bought a massive commercial-use laserdisc player from a closed museum. If I find a bunch of 12" laserdiscs at a yard sale or something, I'm all set. If not, I've got an anachronistic decoration. The 12" audio disc (LP) turntabe gets occasionally used, though.

I love my new man cave. It's got a library/office area with 30' of floor to ceiling bookshelves, two identical desks back to back, a sofa, a bar, and the second refrigerator.

It's got a media room with 70" flatscreen, a pro audio sound system, two power recliners, plus seating for three guests which will likely never be used.

Its got a bathroom.

And even the storage room where the furnace is situated is fully finished. It's got dozens of empty plastic storage tubs nested in stacks plus enough full ones as well.

It's completely underground--no windows, but I had the bulkhead replaced with a walkout doghouse. It's got its own heating/air zone, but even on a 90° day, the air doesn't come on and I need to wear a hoodie or bathrobe not to be cold. This is when the air is raging on the other two floors. I'm sure the heat will not be reticent to come on this winter, however.

Not that long ago, I was living at the beach with my nephew. I've finally got a new place, and as much as I like it, I rarely leave the basement when I'm home alone. But I've got to have a CD player. I don't do music "files."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:39 pm