The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Share
    avatar
    Playa Hata

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-12-14
    Location : Bizarro World

    Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Playa Hata on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

    FD's made a nice little nest over here for us to continue our existence. However, this is only a stopgap and unless we recruit new blood we'll suffer the same predicament we had on GR where only a few of us had to rehash the same old topics. One idea to bring in new participants would be to 'advertise' or make people on other golf forums aware of our little world here. It wouldn't have to be anything dramatic. Just a quick, "hey, if anyone's interested in cutting it up in a more liberal atmosphere, come check us out." Does anyone have a good list of sites we could hit? I know Shottalk and Golfwrx. Anything else?
    avatar
    Homeslice

    Posts : 45
    Join date : 2012-12-05

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Homeslice on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 pm

    Playa Hata wrote:FD's made a nice little nest over here for us to continue our existence. However, this is only a stopgap and unless we recruit new blood we'll suffer the same predicament we had on GR where only a few of us had to rehash the same old topics. One idea to bring in new participants would be to 'advertise' or make people on other golf forums aware of our little world here. It wouldn't have to be anything dramatic. Just a quick, "hey, if anyone's interested in cutting it up in a more liberal atmosphere, come check us out." Does anyone have a good list of sites we could hit? I know Shottalk and Golfwrx. Anything else?
    Shut the fuck up, newbie!! Yes!!
    That felt good. Actually it did not. Because we need real newbies to tell to shut the fuck up.
    It's funny that after one paragraph, I knew exactly who you were. Stale indeed.
    (FD, I find the lack of curse filter a little offensive.)
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1761
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Mongrel on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 pm

    There's Sandtrap. Free Golf Info. Pinoy Golfer. Lots more. However, the forumites on those sites typically discuss different golf equipment and ask and receive advice from knowledgeable fellow forum members. When I need to do research on techical stuff and get opinions on this, that and the other thing, I will visit those sites as opposed to GR. I doubt the icons of golf knowledge will alight on this branch. But who knows? I would venture that most GR members found the site by Googling for reviews of golf clubs or associated gear just like I did. Of course the diligent adult will have to separate wheat from chaff and ignore the frequent "Ping sucks" or "Mizuno are the greatest" etc. etc. As the Voice in the Movie said, "If you build it, they will come."
    avatar
    Playa Hata

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-12-14
    Location : Bizarro World

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Playa Hata on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 pm

    Homeslice wrote:Shut the fuck up, newbie!! Yes!!
    That felt good. Actually it did not. Because we need real newbies to tell to shut the fuck up.
    It's funny that after one paragraph, I knew exactly who you were. Stale indeed.
    (FD, I find the lack of curse filter a little offensive.)

    Apparently you're content tonguing the same dude's bung year after year. Sounds fun.
    avatar
    jmtbkr

    Posts : 359
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : LawnGuylund/Palm Beach Gardens

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  jmtbkr on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:52 pm

    Mostly German wrote:There's Sandtrap. Free Golf Info. Pinoy Golfer. Lots more. However, the forumites on those sites typically discuss different golf equipment and ask and receive advice from knowledgeable fellow forum members. When I need to do research on techical stuff and get opinions on this, that and the other thing, I will visit those sites as opposed to GR. I doubt the icons of golf knowledge will alight on this branch. But who knows? I would venture that most GR members found the site by Googling for reviews of golf clubs or associated gear just like I did. Of course the diligent adult will have to separate wheat from chaff and ignore the frequent "Ping sucks" or "Mizuno are the greatest" etc. etc. As the Voice in the Movie said, "If you build it, they will come."

    I wandered in from the MTBR forum, while searching for longer rockers for my mountain bike. I clicked something wrong on the page and wound up on GR. SO I lurked around a while. Having just taken up golf myself, I became interested in the banter, not so much the equipment. But golf is like MTB'ing. You get into all the little small, expensive goodies and soon you're consumed with it. My riding as lessened as I now play 3-4X/wk.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1761
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Mongrel on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:55 pm

    Homeslice wrote:
    Playa Hata wrote:FD's made a nice little nest over here for us to continue our existence. However, this is only a stopgap and unless we recruit new blood we'll suffer the same predicament we had on GR where only a few of us had to rehash the same old topics. One idea to bring in new participants would be to 'advertise' or make people on other golf forums aware of our little world here. It wouldn't have to be anything dramatic. Just a quick, "hey, if anyone's interested in cutting it up in a more liberal atmosphere, come check us out." Does anyone have a good list of sites we could hit? I know Shottalk and Golfwrx. Anything else?
    Shut the fuck up, newbie!! Yes!!
    That felt good. Actually it did not. Because we need real newbies to tell to shut the fuck up.
    It's funny that after one paragraph, I knew exactly who you were. Stale indeed.
    (FD, I find the lack of curse filter a little offensive.)

    Seems that Tiger can change his clothing but can do nothing about the stripes.
    avatar
    Homeslice

    Posts : 45
    Join date : 2012-12-05

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Homeslice on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 am

    Playa Hata wrote:
    Homeslice wrote:Shut the fuck up, newbie!! Yes!!
    That felt good. Actually it did not. Because we need real newbies to tell to shut the fuck up.
    It's funny that after one paragraph, I knew exactly who you were. Stale indeed.
    (FD, I find the lack of curse filter a little offensive.)

    Apparently you're content tonguing the same dude's bung year after year. Sounds fun.
    I was agreeing that we needed new blood, dipshit.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am

    If I ever feel the need to check out golf club reviews I just go back over to GR or some other site. It's only a few clicks away. What's interesting is that I found GR's review section to be much better than any other site. Something about the way it's set up makes it very easy to pick and choose reviews that suit your needs. The other golf review sites just don't seem to be as well organized or informative. I could care less how many stars someone gives a set of clubs. I'd rather read about their experience with the clubs and how they performed in relation to the reviewer's skill level. I could care less how a 100's shooter feels about Mizuno MP-37 irons but there are many 100's shooters who would.

    On the cursing thing, when I set up the forum the rules section did point out that the site could be shut down for profanity or certain photos. So, just keep that in mind. I'm certainly not going to edit anything. Well, most anything. Shocked
    avatar
    Playa Hata

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-12-14
    Location : Bizarro World

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Playa Hata on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:51 am

    Homeslice wrote:I was agreeing that we needed new blood, dipshit.

    Oh, I thought stale was in reference to me trying to draw up new blood. You still like to tongue the same dude's bung.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:09 pm

    GR's review section definitely brought in the newbies. That's certainly how I found the place. Google most any club and GR is bound to be one of the sites that appears on the front page and often the first link. Sometimes even old threads from the forum come up too. It will be hard to replicate that anywhere.
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 672
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Lorenzzo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:26 pm

    Kiwigolfer wrote:GR's review section definitely brought in the newbies. That's certainly how I found the place. Google most any club and GR is bound to be one of the sites that appears on the front page and often the first link. Sometimes even old threads from the forum come up too. It will be hard to replicate that anywhere.

    Maybe not if Buddha can sticky a better diversion thread. It would be one more button press.

    Golfaholic

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Labrador, Canada

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Golfaholic on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:05 pm

    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:GR's review section definitely brought in the newbies. That's certainly how I found the place. Google most any club and GR is bound to be one of the sites that appears on the front page and often the first link. Sometimes even old threads from the forum come up too. It will be hard to replicate that anywhere.

    Maybe not if Buddha can sticky a better diversion thread. It would be one more button press.

    If he were really dedicated, he could edit every thread on the front page and change the title and copy/paste the same diversion message to this board.
    avatar
    Playa Hata

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-12-14
    Location : Bizarro World

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Playa Hata on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:26 pm

    Golfaholic wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:GR's review section definitely brought in the newbies. That's certainly how I found the place. Google most any club and GR is bound to be one of the sites that appears on the front page and often the first link. Sometimes even old threads from the forum come up too. It will be hard to replicate that anywhere.

    Maybe not if Buddha can sticky a better diversion thread. It would be one more button press.

    If he were really dedicated, he could edit every thread on the front page and change the title and copy/paste the same diversion message to this board.

    I could just delete every thread ever created on GR leaving only the relocation message. Or better yet, ransack every club review with a picture of my ballsack and links to this site. Wait, my ballsack would probably hurt our cause. Nevermind.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:02 pm

    One method of getting traffic on this site would be to casually mention it in conversation.

    Something like "Sorry I'm late for work, I was on caddyshack.forumotion.com and lost track of time"

    Or if you're involved in a casual golf conversation "you know, I read up on those irons on caddyshack.forumation.com and decided to buy them"

    Or even if you're in the middle of a romantic interlude "Oh baby, I'm going to have to write about this in the non-golf discussion section of caddyshack.forumotion.com. Why are you stopping?!!"

    Finally, if you're on the course and someone compliments you on your new clubs..."thanks brah, I researched them on caddyshack.forumotion.com before buying them. What, you haven't heard of it? Hahahahahah. Check it out..this guy over here hasn't heard of caddyshack.forumotion.com. hahahahahahah"


    Golfaholic

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Labrador, Canada

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Golfaholic on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm

    Playa Hata wrote:
    Golfaholic wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:GR's review section definitely brought in the newbies. That's certainly how I found the place. Google most any club and GR is bound to be one of the sites that appears on the front page and often the first link. Sometimes even old threads from the forum come up too. It will be hard to replicate that anywhere.

    Maybe not if Buddha can sticky a better diversion thread. It would be one more button press.

    If he were really dedicated, he could edit every thread on the front page and change the title and copy/paste the same diversion message to this board.

    I could just delete every thread ever created on GR leaving only the relocation message. Or better yet, ransack every club review with a picture of my ballsack and links to this site. Wait, my ballsack would probably hurt our cause. Nevermind.
    Who in the fuck are you?
    avatar
    Playa Hata

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-12-14
    Location : Bizarro World

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Playa Hata on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:07 am

    Golfaholic wrote:
    Playa Hata wrote:
    Golfaholic wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:GR's review section definitely brought in the newbies. That's certainly how I found the place. Google most any club and GR is bound to be one of the sites that appears on the front page and often the first link. Sometimes even old threads from the forum come up too. It will be hard to replicate that anywhere.

    Maybe not if Buddha can sticky a better diversion thread. It would be one more button press.

    If he were really dedicated, he could edit every thread on the front page and change the title and copy/paste the same diversion message to this board.

    I could just delete every thread ever created on GR leaving only the relocation message. Or better yet, ransack every club review with a picture of my ballsack and links to this site. Wait, my ballsack would probably hurt our cause. Nevermind.
    Who in the fuck are you?

    Larryrsf

    Sponsored content

    Re: Caddy Shack Recruitment Program

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm