The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

What is this place?

The Ghost of FD

What is this place?

Post  The Ghost of FD on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:45 pm

I woke up and I am here. What is this place? It seems vaguely, disturbingly familiar yet I have no recollection of ever being here before. The last thing I remember is a terrible accident. A dark highway, 3am on a night unlike any I had experienced before. I saw a truck, bright lights and then a screech and the horrible sounds of metal crunching. I was thrown from the wreckage and that's all I remember. What is this golf thing?
    Mongrel

Re: What is this place?

Post  Mongrel on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:55 pm

This place is where a few who used to populate the planet named "Golf Review" managed to flee to when that planet got swarmed by an alien race of Spammers. This new planet was created by the Lord FD and initially thrived. However, the Forces of the planet Golf Review managed to almost exterminate the alien Spammers and it has been deemed Habitable again so that most of those who had fled here have ventured back. But there is little activity there, also. I suspect that it may be due to some sort of rays emanating from the various Galactic Stars that are relatively benign but may be death rays to golf. You may want to go back into your coma for a few months and see how things go.
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 am

Since the absence of FD to stir the pot, the majority have left this place to become a molding, rotting carcass of its former heyday.

I, for one, will NOT play tribute to the master of internet forum failures, Francois, and even give him the satisfaction of a single post on any of his sites, including MTBR. Yeah, the spam has been cleared. Have any of you seen the "activity" over there? It's as dead as this site.

I now get my daily information from *gasp*..................GolfWRX. At least there are new post every few minutes and I find it refreshing that ONLY golf is spoken there. I don't need any political BS or how many times someone is getting laid by how many different MILFs, or having some homophobe calling everyone ghey.

Hoping this forum will return to its former self:cheers: 
    The Ghost of FD

Post  The Ghost of FD on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:19 am

I shot a 74 yesterday. I put the Taylormade Tour Burner irons with stock steel stiff shafts into play. Nothing really spectacular about my round except for the fact that I was pretty consistent tee to green.

One thing for sure is that, when playing Poa Anna greens I'm going to switch to a low spin ball like the Titleist NXT Tour. I've been playing the Callaway Black Tour and I hit a few 9 irons yesterday that backed up over 20 feet. It looks cool but is not conducive to good scoring.

Believe it or not, I have not bought any new clubs for over two months. I'm still playing the Ping G5 9 degree driver with Aldila NVS Stiff and hitting it great. A buddy of mine who owns a Taylormade R1 hit my Ping G5 and it flew about 15 yards further than his normal drives. He wanted to buy it on the spot and I told him "step back, fool".

I'm still using the Taylormade Rossa Corza Monza putter and had 4 birdies yesterday. Tweet, Tweet.

I'm the best player on this forum and I could really care less if a bunch of followers switched back to GR. Good for them. We didn't need them here anyway.

All I need is a few guys like Mongrel and JT to engage me in my daily rants and I'm fine. I'm not going to run back and forth so that I can be a member of the "latest and greatest" forum. I'm content right here.

I've never been a follower. Most of my life I've been a creator, inventor and a blazer of new paths for those fortunate enough to follow. This forum is no different.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:30 am

This forum's been as quiet as the church congregation after a loud fart. Since about August 27, 2013, which was about when FD made his last post. Tells you something.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:06 am