The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Rolex Rankings Movers 2013 - Part 2

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Rolex Rankings Movers 2013 - Part 2 Empty Rolex Rankings Movers 2013 - Part 2

Post  tonyj5 Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:13 am

Saturday, September 21, 2013Rolex Rankings Movers of the Year 2013 - Part 2
    While we wait for the LPGA to return from a two week break, it gives us some time to step back and discuss some of the other things going on in the golf world. For some interesting news on Lydia Ko, I suggest you check out Ruthless Golf, and for a preview of this weekend's JLPGA tournament I would check out Mostly Harmless.

Now that we have completed about 3/4 of the LPGA season, I would like to look at the players that have made the biggest leaps, and taken the biggest falls in the Rolex Rankings this year.

The Rolex Rankings system awards points to players based on an accumulated 104-week "rolling" period, with the points awarded in the most recent 13-week period carrying a stronger value.
    A player is then ranked according to her average points per tournament, as determined by dividing her total number of points by the number of eligible tournaments played during the 104-week period. A minimum divisor (35) is also used.

I have gone back to the first Rolex Rankings of the year and compared them to the current rankings. The only requirement for my list is that a player must have been ranked in the top 100 at the start of the year, or be in the top 100 now.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/09/rolex-rankings-movers-of-year-2013-part.html

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am