The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Fred3 makes an appearance over at GR

Kiwigolfer

Fred3 makes an appearance over at GR

Post  Kiwigolfer on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:15 pm

With typically cutting wit.

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?18657-The-Official-quot-Francis-Cebedo-is-a-retard-thread&p=288125&posted=1#post288125

The forums really been cleaned up though. The spam is only running at about 95% of posts now.
    Mongrel

Re: Fred3 makes an appearance over at GR

Post  Mongrel on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Isn't he the low handicap old guy who plays out of a country club in Saco, Maine?
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Mongrel wrote:Isn't he the low handicap old guy who plays out of a country club in Saco, Maine?

I don't know what handicap he is. All I know is he is a grumpy old prick who surfaces every now and then to give somebody an E-beatdown. That and he drives a Mini Cooper.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:Isn't he the low handicap old guy who plays out of a country club in Saco, Maine?

I don't know what handicap he is. All I know is he is a grumpy old prick who surfaces every now and then to give somebody an E-beatdown. That and he drives a Mini Cooper.

I saw his post. Either he has tremendous restraint to only post once every 6 months or he his interest only peaks on rare occasions. You're right, Kiwi, it's like 98% SPAM over there. I guess it's about volume because I can't imagine anyone clicking on a link to something that blatantly obvious.
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:08 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

I saw his post.  Either he has tremendous restraint to only post once every 6 months or he his interest only peaks on rare occasions.   You're right, Kiwi, it's like 98% SPAM over there.  I guess it's about volume because I can't imagine anyone clicking on a link to something that blatantly obvious.

I guess it's easy to post 98% spam when the only non spam posts are tonyj5's LPGA posts or Spank's 'Francis Cebedo is a retard' thread. Laughing
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:

Driving a Mini Cooper doesn't mean he's a faggot or dickwad. Depends on which Mini Cooper. The British Leyland model or the modern one. Now back in 1970, the gearbox in my Triumph GT-6 packed it up and I took it to a repair garage in downtown San Diego at the suggestion of my Division Officer who was running a Porsche 912. His mechanic was a Hungarian refugee and he offered maybe to take my Triumph in trade for something in his inventory. I said "cool" and he said to wait and he'd be right back. I heard something fire up in the back of the shop and a few seconds later here was the guy leaping towards me with both front wheels spinning and smoking and he slammed on the brakes stopping less than a foot from me feet in a 1966 Mini Cooper-S that he had modified to produce about 130 horsepower. It had ten inch wide ten inch mags with gumball tires. The shifter had about two inches play between gears. A real toggle switch. The suspension was set up for real hard work on the twisties. He told me to go drive the hell out of it and let him know if I wanted it. Which I did. If you are familiar with the typical Southern California drainage swales in the residential streets, the fact that this Mini Cooper could take them at 50 mph without bottoming or getting ruffled in any sense is impressive. The car was white with two wide British Racing Green racing stripes. He wanted $3,000 for it. Too rich for my blood so I traded him my GT-6 straight across for a 1958 Bugeye Sprite. Orange with a black top. So if Fred 3 drives a Mini Cooper like the one I just described, then he is a man. Forgot to mention that the Mini I tested topped out at an indicated 130 at an indicated 6.800 rpm.
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 pm

I've got nothing against Mini Coopers. It was Spank who uncovered Fred3 on a Mini Cooper website and posted the link. Laughing
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:16 am

Spank has a thing for Mazda Miata's too. I wonder how many Miata's got traded in on the modern Mini's which have two more seats so that poofs can double-date in the style to which they are accustomed.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 am

The following cars should never be driven by men:

1. Mini Cooper

2. Mazda Miata

3. Honda Del Sol

4. Suzuki Samarai

5. Ford Escape or Toyota Rav 4
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 am

FamousDavis wrote:The following cars should never be driven by men:

1.  Mini Cooper

2.  Mazda Miata

3.  Honda Del Sol

4. Suzuki Samarai

5. Ford Escape or Toyota Rav 4

6. Lexus RX350 - secretary car

7. Any non-flat 6 cylinder air cooled Porsche (Its 2 syllables)

8. Nissan Leaf or Cube

9. Any hybrid
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:19 pm

10. Anything in White.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:23 pm

As a former owner of four Porsches without 6 cylinder horizontally opposed air cooled engines, I will take exception to your #7. The oldest was a 1965 Euro-spec 356C coupe. Dove greay with green vinyl interior. No sunroof. No radio. Stock 6 volt system. Would pull six grand in fourth all day long at 120. Handled as well as the earliest 911's. Then there were three 914's. Two with 1.8's that I will admit were dogs but were fabulous long-haul cruisers with room for a full bag of clubs in the boot and tent and sleeping bag under the bonnet. Last was a 1976 2 litre 914 that would pull almost six grand in fifith at an indicated 135. Of course, the motor was not stock. Now I autocrossed one of the 1.8's that was bone stock except that I filled the front tires to 50 pounds of air and the rears at 65 p.s.i. before beginning my runs. Those pressures produced an over-steering monster out of what was dangerously neutral at 33 pounds. That day I made about six runs and beat the times of over half the 911's. Bottom line is that if you can drive, you can drive anything. Now I won't bullshit you into believing I'd never want a six cylinder. Hell, my dream street car would be a 917 which ran a flat air-cooled 12. Or a 908 hillclimb car that had a flat 8. And the 928 with its water-cooled V8 was one of the more sophisticated pieces of auto engineering ever to leave a factory in the Fatherland.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 pm

I wonder if the Fred3 appearance has anything to do with Phil winning?
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Mongrel wrote:As a former owner of four Porsches without 6 cylinder horizontally opposed air cooled engines, I will take exception to your #7. The oldest was a 1965 Euro-spec 356C coupe. Dove greay with green vinyl interior. No sunroof. No radio. Stock 6 volt system. Would pull six grand in fourth all day long at 120. Handled as well as the earliest 911's. Then there were three 914's. Two with 1.8's that I will admit were dogs but were fabulous long-haul cruisers with room for a full bag of clubs in the boot and tent and sleeping bag under the bonnet. Last was a 1976 2 litre 914 that would pull almost six grand in fifith at an indicated 135. Of course, the motor was not stock. Now I autocrossed one of the 1.8's that was bone stock except that I filled the front tires to 50 pounds of air and the rears at 65 p.s.i. before beginning my runs. Those pressures produced an over-steering monster out of what was dangerously neutral at 33 pounds. That day I made about six runs and beat the times of over half the 911's. Bottom line is that if you can drive, you can drive anything. Now I won't bullshit you into believing I'd never want a six cylinder. Hell, my dream street car would be a 917 which ran a flat air-cooled 12. Or a 908 hillclimb car that had a flat 8. And the 928 with its water-cooled V8 was one of the more sophisticated pieces of auto engineering ever to leave a factory in the Fatherland.

Yes....my bad. I was thinking of girlies in Boxters and Panameras. How could I have forgotten about the beloved 356:shock: 
    I've always lusted after a triple black 928S.
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Fred3 was a prodigous poster in the day over on MTBR. He hasn't been on the site since 2009. Maybe he sometimes lurks, but I think he got too much abuse from the membership that he skulked away crying:pale: 

He definately doesn't have the balls to come here!
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:22 pm

12. 3 series BMW
    13. VW Beetle
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm

The original 3 series BMW that was introduced around 1977 as successor to the 2002 was a good car until the next generation around 1984. Driving Beetles that have been modified can be a gratifying experience. Back in the day you could hop up their motors for not much cash and beef up suspensions so that you could keep up with half the Porsches on the road. Driving a Beetle that was capable of pulling its front wheels off the ground on hard take-off has to rank near the top of my automotive experiences. Of course all bets are off if the Beetle in question is an automatic.
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:55 pm

I mean no disrespect when I say any guy driving a car that at any time came with a flower vase on the dash is hoping to get rammed from behind.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:I mean no disrespect when I say any guy driving a car that at any time came with a flower vase on the dash is hoping to get rammed from behind.

14. Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible

Most convertibles are a tough sell if you are a straight guy. I guess the really high end stuff is fine, but I can't think of any new car under $60K that isn't a chick/gay car.
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:I mean no disrespect when I say any guy driving a car that at any time came with a flower vase on the dash is hoping to get rammed from behind.

14.  Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible

Most convertibles are a tough sell if you are a straight guy.  I guess the really high end stuff is fine, but I can't think of any new car under $60K that isn't a chick/gay car.  

15. Hummer in bright yellow. No....you can't pull it off.

Yeah, always felt bad for the guy driving a convertible 3 series.  He could have paid less, gotten a better car and avoided the "so metro might as well be gay" tag.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but we string guys like that up here in Utah.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:19 pm

As far as Hummers, white guys who have them typically stand less than 5'7", have small dicks, and are blessed with Napoleanic behaviours. When GM spawned the civilian version of their Jeep replacement, the name they slapped on it has military joke connotations. If any of you ever served in foreign countries, you might recall that "hummer" was slang for blow job. So the question is, what percentage of Hummer owners give them?
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Most convertibles are a tough sell if you are a straight guy.  I guess the really high end stuff is fine, but I can't think of any new car under $60K that isn't a chick/gay car.  

15.   Hummer in bright yellow.  No....you can't pull it off.

Yeah, always felt bad for the guy driving a convertible 3 series.  He could have paid less, gotten a better car and avoided the "so metro might as well be gay" tag.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but we string guys like that up here in Utah.
    16. Escalade, unless you are a black dude, in which case it's fine. Such a strange demographic, either white moms or black dudes.

Other things that black dudes can get away with...

1. Jeans shorts

Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

15.   Hummer in bright yellow.  No....you can't pull it off.

16.  Escalade, unless you are a black dude, in which case it's fine.  Such a strange demographic, either white moms or black dudes.  

Other things that black dudes can get away with...

1.  Jeans shorts

2,  Dancing in the aisles at sports events during breaks.  It just looks wrong when white guys do it.

3.  Anything if there's any possible way to play the race card.

I remember going to Laker playoff games at staples and sitting next to young black guys who'd paid $500 a ticket.  So obviously drug dealers.  Every single person in the place assumed the same thing.  They got away with whatever they wanted to.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:42 pm

4. Bluetooth ear piece when not on the phone.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm fairly certain that Lee Westwood wears ear plugs at rock concerts. I bet he drives a Range Rover, for safety.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm