The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
Horseballs
Lorenzzo
Mongrel
FamousDavis
californiataxes
9 posters

Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board

californiataxes

Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board Empty Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board

Post  californiataxes Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Not only the trial of the century, but implicitly an even bigger story, the government war on white people (Holder got the Sanford police chief fired for not arresting Zimmerman), goes entirely unremarked here. Entirely aside from the interesting fact issues in this case, we have a dumb, ugly (redundant I know) lesbian judge, a prosecutor who talks exactly like Kevin Costner, and prosecution witnesses who score more points for the defense than for their own side. Looking at Zimmerman, I think the only guy he could hold off without a weapon might be Anderson Cooper. The 6 women will deliver a guilty verdict because women are emotional and they'll feel sorry for Thug-For-Life's Mom.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board Empty Re: Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board

Post  FamousDavis Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:15 pm

californiataxes wrote:Not only the trial of the century, but implicitly an even bigger story, the government war on white people (Holder got the Sanford police chief fired for not arresting Zimmerman), goes entirely unremarked here.  Entirely aside from the interesting fact issues in this case, we have a dumb, ugly (redundant I know) lesbian judge, a prosecutor who talks exactly like Kevin Costner, and prosecution witnesses who score more points for the defense than for their own side.  Looking at Zimmerman, I think the only guy he could hold off without a weapon might be Anderson Cooper.  The 6 women will deliver a guilty verdict because women are emotional and they'll feel sorry for Thug-For-Life's Mom.    

I know very little about this case. I haven't watched any of it on TV, with the exception of some sound-bites of TM's girlfriend on the stand, that was quite possibly the worst testimony I've ever seen in a courtroom.

I'm trying to be really unbiased here. Here is the way I see it: Travon may have looked suspicious but if he was indeed going home to his dad's house then I think there is a problem. Zimmerman to me appears to be a gung-ho neighborhood watch guy who probably had a little too much attitude when he started following Travon. It doesn't matter if Travon told his girlfriend that some Cracker was following him or that he was going to beat him up if he kept following. The fact is that Zimmerman never should have been following him in the first place. The police told Zimmerman not to follow him. He did anyway.

If I'm walking home and someone starts following me I'm going to ask them what the hell they are doing. If they keep doing it I'm going to knock them out (if I can) because I have no idea what THEY are up to.

Think about it. You are walking home and someone starts following you around very closely. You would freak out, get defensive and eventually start shoving them away from you.

Sure, TM was beating Zimmerman up. If that's the case, Zimmerman gets his arse whooped by some kid and should learn a lesson not to follow someone around for no reason. Instead he shot the kid. He's a coward and a disgrace.

This has nothing to do with whether or not I think TM is a good person or not. I'm sure he was a delinquent and possibly a future criminal. That has nothing to do with what happened here.

Sometimes I could go either way but I think Zimmerman screwed up. You can't pull out a gun when someone is beating you up for following them and getting in their face when they are walking home.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board Empty Re: Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board

Post  Mongrel Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:24 pm

I know a fair amount about the case. What's ironic to me is that when a Mexican up in Boston smokes a black dude execution-style there are no "Civil Rights Leaders" spewing vitriole about racism and taunting their peoples to take it to the streets and be a riotin'. When this Mexican dude down in Florida smokes a black dude in self-defense, the whole world quakes and cowers in fear of the potential Rodney King aftermath-like party in every city and 'ville in the country. Hell, even OJ is going up for a parole hearing and that black dude smoked a white girl and a Jewish guy. Where is the outrage over that one, huh?

Now my humble opinion is that Zimmerman has probably saved the Florida taypayers maybe forty grand a year for maybe 20-50 years which is what the actuaries would have put Trayvon's incarceration time at. If the feckless Florida judiciary system incarcerates him, all that good fiscally responsible work will have been for nothing.
    californiataxes

Post  californiataxes Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:41 pm

It's not true that the police told Zimmerman not to follow Thug For Life. What the dispatcher (not a police officer) said was, "we don't need you to do that." So Zimmerman wasn't disobeying an order. This is an important distinction.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:32 am

More than ninety percent of the time, police are reactive which is why all the Trayvon-like critters have continued to terrorize neighborhoods where they do not live and would not be welcomed with cookies and punch. Zimmerman, on the other hand, was proactive doing what the police won't and can't do. Sort of like surgery where the doctor cuts out the tumor whether it is benign or cancerous. Even if that glob of tumourous flesh was not cancerous, it likely would have become cancerous given enough time.

Now when I look at Zimmerman on TV and the photos plastered all over the internet, I don't see a Jack Reacher shtype or the Charles Bronson character in "Death Wish" (that's an old movie that most of you young-in's likely missed). Rather I see a rather inept, socially insecure pudgy guy who was just trying to make his neighborhood a little safer who could have done things a little better with some good forethought, planning and gearing up. Besides his semi-auto pistol, he should have been packing a secondary handgun powered by CO2 and loaded with tranquilizing darts like you'd use on larger animals. Since he didn't know Trayvon personally but perceived him as an interloper up to general mischief and thievery, he should have let the suspect approach and shoot him with the tranq dart before getting close enough to lay a hand on him. After the subject was tranquilized and prone on the dirt, he should have called the cops and told them that the suspect was subdued and invite them to come and pick him up for the I.D. and running of his vitals through the special Po-Leece Data Base. I'd bet a new fitted Titleist 913 D3 driver that Trayvon had some offenses in his past although they might be sealed due to his juvenile status.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm not sure of the significance of the trial other than it being a mere reflection of the whole black/white race thing we white people are so willing to accept in its many forms.  It's gone as far as whites electing a black president with a black agenda pursued by a black attorney general who has broken the law and lied about it and is still in office with little challenge.  To object is to be the black described equivalent of George Zimmerman.  Facts are useful in support but are otherwise an inconvenience.  

For most Americans the world is a sitcom or reality show or something in between in which they aspire to be a fictional character.

The US is a country of phonies who are not able to perceive what is real.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Allrighty then. NOT GUILTY! Shocked the poop out of me. Obama loses again. He's getting the point where he's gonna hafta press.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:57 am

I agree with FON. Nobody dies and nobody gets his face smashed in if it wasn't for the actions of GZ. I don't know about the murder charge, but he should definitely have gotten manslaughter.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:38 am

It's interesting how obfuscation of the relevance of following the victim was employed by both sides.  It is of almost no legal significance as to murder, manslaughter, use of the weapon, etc. in that situation.  They are separate acts.  GZ wasn't on trial for being a creepy, stupid, weak wannabee.  He wasn't on trial for following someone.  His prosecution involved whether his use of force was reasonable in the immediate situation he found himself in.  The jury instructions are always determinative and corroborate this.

That'll be, say, $500.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:47 am

And the plain fact was that the 17 year old saw the bait and took it. An older fish would have recognized the lure and have swum back to his hole. Darwin at work.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Mongrel wrote:And the plain fact was that the 17 year old saw the bait and took it. An older fish would have recognized the lure and have swum back to his hole. Darwin at work.

Zimmerman looks like he needs to hit the gym. He's become quite portly.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 pm

If I were Zimmerman, I'd be packing up the family under cover of darkness and heading for that stealth freighter booked to carry them to foreign lands undisclosed to live in anonymity until the current Administration is driven back into the rain forests, savannahs and zoo primate houses where they came from. And they need to give him his gun back. And the clip. And the unspent rounds.
    californiataxes

Post  californiataxes Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm

As the author of this thread and predictor of a guilty verdict I am compelled to admit that I don't know as much as I think I do (at least about Florida women). When I heard Fox say the verdict was about to come in, I changed the channel and picked up Tim Lincecum in the 5th inning of his eventual No-No. That said, is it really true that CO2 tranq guns are available? Where do you get one?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:06 pm

I would imagine that large animal veternarians and government animal control agencies might have them. The drugs might be harder to get than the guns.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

californiataxes wrote:As the author of this thread and predictor of a guilty verdict I am compelled to admit that I don't know as much as I think I do (at least about Florida women).  When I heard Fox say the verdict was about to come in, I changed the channel and picked up Tim Lincecum in the 5th inning of his eventual No-No.  That said, is it really true that CO2 tranq guns are available?  Where do you get one?  

Get a taser. Light them up and make them dance...
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:It's interesting how obfuscation of the relevance of following the victim was employed by both sides.  It is of almost no legal significance as to murder, manslaughter, use of the weapon, etc. in that situation.  They are separate acts.  GZ wasn't on trial for being a creepy, stupid, weak wannabee.  He wasn't on trial for following someone.  His prosecution involved whether his use of force was reasonable in the immediate situation he found himself in.  The jury instructions are always determinative and corroborate this.

That'll be, say, $500.

According to the defendant's attorney, we are all armed with concrete sidewalks, roads, and any other thing you can use the bash someone's head in. We'll unless you're a 100# weakling.

Basically, if you are in a state with stand your ground law, you can provoke and then kill. As long as there are no witnesses and you bash yourself around a bit, you're good to go...

Will GZ win in the civil case? He's ruined...
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Correct. The only alternative for Zimmerman is to disappear and re-invent himself. He might fit in nicely as "Jose Jimenez", the mild-mannered gardener in any one of the upscale neighborhoods in Orange County, California. I remember that my aunt and uncle who lived in La Habra had a series of Mexican gardeners and then hit the jackpot: an elderly Japanese man who cared for their small plot until he was unable to work anymore. This was in the mid '60's. Now the Japanese probably own many of the more expensive homes and the Mexicans work for them. I could never figure out why white people didn't gravitate to landscaping and lawn care more. I've found it to be very relaxing and quite rewarding when you do a good job. And no one ever complains about getting the order wrong or why the burger tasted like cardboard.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Most of us on the political left are infuriated with the not guilty verdict, but to be honest, I don't know what to think.

I don't fully understand the Florida law, although I sadly do understand Florida where I spent some time over the years. I like the weather and March baseball, but hate just about everything else.

I also didn't hear all the evidence that the six broads in the jury box heard.

Finally, I don't know how badly the judge fucked up in deciding what evidence was admissable.

All in all, though, a seventeen year old kid was gunned down, and that can't be good.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:It's interesting how obfuscation of the relevance of following the victim was employed by both sides.  It is of almost no legal significance as to murder, manslaughter, use of the weapon, etc. in that situation.  They are separate acts.  GZ wasn't on trial for being a creepy, stupid, weak wannabee.  He wasn't on trial for following someone.  His prosecution involved whether his use of force was reasonable in the immediate situation he found himself in.  The jury instructions are always determinative and corroborate this.

That'll be, say, $500.

According to the defendant's attorney, we are all armed with concrete sidewalks, roads, and any other thing you can use the bash someone's head in. We'll unless you're a 100# weakling.

Basically, if you are in a state with stand your ground law, you can provoke and then kill.  As long as there are no witnesses and you bash yourself around a bit, you're good to go...

Yes, the law can be manipulated. What a shocker...
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:50 am

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

That'll be, say, $500.

Basically, if you are in a state with stand your ground law, you can provoke and then kill.  As long as there are no witnesses and you bash yourself around a bit, you're good to go...

Yes, the law can be manipulated.   What a shocker...  

That law is easier than Oregon's and most states.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

That'll be, say, $500.

None of the laws in Oregon make sense. The fact that you can't pump your own gas is reason enough to avoid the state.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

That'll be, say, $500.

None of the laws in Oregon make sense.   The fact that you can't pump your own gas is reason enough to avoid the state.  

Agreed on the pump your own gas is stupid. But then I have a fleet card and I do pump my own gas.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 pm

New Jersey also has a rule that you cannot pump your own gas at the stations located along the New Jersey Turnpike, a toll road. At first I thought it was stupid but in retrospect, realized that it makes for more orderly mass refueling since many times along other interstates in other states, the mouth-breathing-morons will park at the pump, fill it up, lock the doors and go into the building to urinate, defecate, buy crap at the convenience area, and text their homies. The way it happens on the Jersey Pike iis that once you're tanked and paid, you have to un-ass your vehicle from the line. All the attendents I have encountered have been perfectly competent, pleasant and efficient, even if they can't spicca mucho anglais muchacho. And the gas has been cheaper at those stations than at the self-serves off the Pike and in neighborhing states (like where I live). And that turnpike was even memorialized by the great Chuck Berry in his "You Can't Catch Me".
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:05 am

Thinking back on the trail, I thought  zman had put on a ton of weight due to stress. In retrospect, I think it was genius to have him in court looking like a pudgy, out of shape, short banner.  He certainly did not look that fat in the post shooting videos.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am