The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
Kiwigolfer
jt1135
Lorenzzo
7 posters

Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Eaten....

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Eaten.... Empty Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Eaten....

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm sorry to say my experience was today. I have an outdoor gas grill and for some reason snails crawl in there when it's not operating. I routinely clear the snails and then cook. Well, I must have missed one on the roof which then fell onto the chicken breast I was grilling. How I didn't see it I'll never know (age) but when my chicken started tasting crunchy I realized I had a problem.

I spit out as much of the shell as I could but I think I still have grit in my throat.

Had me wondering how this compares to others' misfortunes.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Eaten.... Empty Re: Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Eaten....

Post  jt1135 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:03 pm

You've never been drunk and woke up with the clown face?
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Eaten.... Empty Re: Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Eaten....

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 am

Lorenzzo wrote:I'm sorry to say my experience was today. I have an outdoor gas grill and for some reason snails crawl in there when it's not operating. I routinely clear the snails and then cook. Well, I must have missed one on the roof which then fell onto the chicken breast I was grilling. How I didn't see it I'll never know (age) but when my chicken started tasting crunchy I realized I had a problem.

I spit out as much of the shell as I could but I think I still have grit in my throat.

That's pretty disgusting Zo. I always get cockroaches in my BBQ but they scamper away pretty fast when I pull the cover off and I've never had the misfortune of roaches in my meal. Snails tend to be in my letter box eating my mail but not in my BBQ.

I have two disgusting experiences. One when I was a kid. All summer long we would have beautiful, delicious, fresh cut watermelon and my Gran used to pick up the plate the watermelon was cut on and drink the watermelon juice after the watermelon was cut. One day I walked into the kitchen and there was a plate full of watermelon juice. I grabbed the plate and eagerly slurped it down. affraid

Turns out someone had left frozen meat to defrost on the plate and it was blood not watermelon juice.

Next time I was much older. My then GF had sold her house and needed somewhere to stay before moving into her new digs. So I invited her to stay with me for a couple of weeks. She also brought her cat. One night we stopped at our local Italian takeout. I ordered pizza and she ordered lasagna. We took it home and I scoffed down my pizza but she only ate about half her lasagna. She offered the rest to me which I gratefully accepted. It was delicious so I ate the lot. It was so good I wanted more so I scraped around the tin foil dish it came in scraping up the yummy cheesy bits. Then I noticed the serving spoon used to dish it and decided to lick it clean! affraid

Turns out it was freakin CATFOOD on the spoon not lasagna. pale

Serves me right for being such a pig I guess. lol!
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 am

having lunch with some co-workers, a few years back, at our local luncheonette - the In-and-out Deli. Having the usual sandwich while my friend is eating his burger. During the conversation, he's holding his burger in one hand and I notice something moving. A maggot was easing it's way out of the burger.
    Food was dropped and we made a hasty exit for the door.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:34 am

Lorenzzo wrote:I'm sorry to say my experience was today. I have an outdoor gas grill and for some reason snails crawl in there when it's not operating. I routinely clear the snails and then cook. Well, I must have missed one on the roof which then fell onto the chicken breast I was grilling. How I didn't see it I'll never know (age) but when my chicken started tasting crunchy I realized I had a problem.

Poulet Escargot The next creative native dish on "The Iron Chef".
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:

That's pretty disgusting Zo. I always get cockroaches in my BBQ but they scamper away pretty fast when I pull the cover off and I've never had the misfortune of roaches in my meal. Snails tend to be in my letter box eating my mail but not in my BBQ.

lol!

As far as you know.

The deal skiing is everyone brings a dish. A friend's gf brought one with sliced sausage. Biting into one of the slices I uncovered a steel bolt.

I worked in meat packing plant one summer. When someone lost a finger grinding chuck, it went into the cellophane like everything else. That kind of ruined ground beef for me for a while.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 pm

A guy who I used to work with loved going to local diners at client sites. He dragged me to one and proclaimed they had the best fried chicken he's ever had. I got something else, but he takes a bite out of a drum stick, and it's severely undercooked. It seriously looked like it was breaded and fried for a couple seconds. He proceded to tell me how it's so fresh that it didn't matter. I lost my appetite, and my respect for his opinion.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:45 pm

See if you lived in Portland you could call miss snail pail to come collect your snails. She then purges them of toxins and eats them. I really don't know why portland thinks we need a movement to "keep portland weird."

Here's a video of her preparing them for eating. After watching this, you won't be as disgusted...

Phuck - I can't post a link or video because "I'm new." Here's the URL

-- youtu.be/VQdhcgs0Vew

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am