The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

My Dilema....

Pky6471

My Dilema....

Post  Pky6471 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:05 pm

ba
    My fukkkkkking swing tends to hit a ball high, that's why I bent all of my irons 2* stronger. I play much better with 9.5* driver, even with S shaft which is what I am not supposed to use for my slow SS.  I love my Cleveland Hibore XLS R flex, except its trajectory is high to my liking  . I could play 15* 3W S flex off the T and lower its trajectory but I am afraid it's hard to hit off the deck. I play a ball off my stance, deloft it a little bit to lower its trajectory, what are other options that I should try except "lower trajectory" shaft? don't know what it is. I don't think lead tape would help base on my reading...
    thanks guys/girls/AC-DC
    Mongrel

Re: My Dilema....

Post  Mongrel on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Without changing your swing, lower lofts. shafts with higher flex points, and maybe different golf balls. I am just the opposite in that I hit everything too low and have found shafts with lower kick points and softer tips and will play balls that either fly naturally high or spin a lot. I also changed my swing pretty drastically so now I can hit it high or low pretty much when I want to.

So with driver, maybe look for a shaft that has the flex you can handle but has a stiffer tip and that will keep your flight down a bit. Selecting shafts can be hit or miss but there is now a lot of data on many shafts that you, with your scientific background, could utilize. The database is called the DSFI, or, Dynacraft Shaft Fitting Index and is published by Hireko Golf. You can go to their website and download pages upon pages of the report in pdf format.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Mongrel wrote:Without changing your swing, lower lofts. shafts with higher flex points, and maybe different golf balls. I am just the opposite in that I hit everything too low and have found shafts with lower kick points and softer tips and will play balls that either fly naturally high or spin a lot. I also changed my swing pretty drastically so now I can hit it high or low pretty much when I want to.

So with driver, maybe look for a shaft that has the flex you can handle but has a stiffer tip and that will keep your flight down a bit. Selecting shafts can be hit or miss but there is now a lot of data on many shafts that you, with your scientific background, could utilize. The database is called the DSFI, or, Dynacraft Shaft Fitting Index and is published by Hireko Golf. You can go to their website and download pages upon pages of the report in pdf format.

Thanks Mongrel... I am Ok with my driver since I've moved to 9.5* and S flex.  I don't want to go with S-flex for my 3W being afraid that I could not airborne it off the deck.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:31 am