The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Random Golf thoughts in June

FamousDavis
    Admin

Random Golf thoughts in June

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Why do I look forward to the US Open when I know it's going to be incredibly boring? My picks are Matt Kuchar, Webb Simpson and Ricky Fowler. I always eat wings when watching the open. Barbecue Bonus.....Boo-Yaaa!

Arrow

I just purchased some Taylormade CGB Max irons. Mint condish. Prior owner had installed these cool neon-green golf pride grips. Anyone ever hit these puppies? Too rude!!

Arrow

Have you noticed that men's shorts continue to get longer every year. I mean, now we are basically wearing capri pants. I went to Kohls and bought a couple pair of cargo shorts and they go all the way to my knees. In some ways there are better because they make you look slimmer. Also, they give you sort of a youthful look with the cargo pockets. They also have a version with all the cargo pockets but with a really wrinkled look and these little ties and the bottom of the short. I'm not sure what you are supposed to tie with them. I have a sneaking suspicion there is no purpose other than to add to the unkempt, cool look. I personally miss the OP ball huggers of my youth. Stubbies were good.

Arrow

The St. Jude tournament was quite possibly the most boring I've ever seen. Were it not for Mickelson making a late run it could have been up there with your average LPGA tournament. Maybe even worse. Alien

Hubijerk

Re: Random Golf thoughts in June

Post  Hubijerk on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm gonna go with G Mac, Justin Rose, Bill Haas, and my dark horse.... Billy Horschel... Though I must say I think Tiger probably gets it done... I've played this course and it sets up well for a guy who can hit his irons an obscene distance and he'll be able to leave driver in the bag quite a bit..

As far as shorts go I just picked up a few pairs of sweet O'Neils from Costco... Cheap, comfortable, and they seem to show just the right amount of leg...

-J
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 pm

One guy who can hit his irons obscene distances is Gary Woodland but don't think he's been playing all that well this year and don't know if he even made the field.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:04 am

Hubijerk wrote:I'm gonna go with G Mac, Justin Rose, Bill Haas, and my dark horse.... Billy Horschel... Though I must say I think Tiger probably gets it done... I've played this course and it sets up well for a guy who can hit his irons an obscene distance and he'll be able to leave driver in the bag quite a bit..

As far as shorts go I just picked up a few pairs of sweet O'Neils from Costco... Cheap, comfortable, and they seem to show just the right amount of leg...

-J

Those are all excellent pics. It seems like G Mac is always a contender in big events. Justin Rose and Bill Haas have yet to win a major and we have yet to see if either one of them is up to it. I like the Billy Horschel pic because he plays fast and loose and can put up a lot of birdies. I didn't pick Tiger but probably should have. He has a solid record of following up his worst rounds with wins in his next tournaments.

Here are some other pics:

Old guy pic: Steve Stricker

Chemistry Major Pic: Bio Kim

European Pick: Freddie Jacobson

Out of nowhere Pick: Kevin Sutherland

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:03 am