The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
jmtbkr
FamousDavis
6 posters

Should the Swap Shop be removed?

Poll

Remove the Swap Shop?

[ 3 ]
    Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_left75%Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_left0%Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_left25%Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_left0%Should the Swap Shop be removed? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Should the Swap Shop be removed? Empty Should the Swap Shop be removed?

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Let's have a vote. First, I need to figure out how to do the voting thing.

jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Should the Swap Shop be removed? Empty Re: Should the Swap Shop be removed?

Post  jmtbkr Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:59 am

Please add or replace 'drunk' with stoned. I suffer from gout, so I must limit my Kettle One intake.

I'm too stoned to care! pig rabbit cat albino rendeer geek geek flower
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:21 am

jmtbkr wrote:Please add or replace 'drunk' with stoned. I suffer from gout, so I must limit my Kettle One intake.

I, too, have been a long time gout sufferer. However, I have taken steps to almost eliminate attacks. Step number one for you should be to forego the Russian Holy Water and the spelling of that brand is "Kettel", not "Kettle", although I imagine that it is made in some sort of kettle. Perhaps the Swap Shop forum could be replaced with one dedicated to helpful hints to improve one's quality of life at the least cost possible with lots of folk remedies, basic alternative repair technologies. The Magic of Duct Tape, for example.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 am

I probably won't ever use it. I hold onto clubs for 3-4 years, I'm left handed, and play x-stiff shafts. So, probably less than 1% of the golfers have any club I might/would be interested in purchasing.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Being in NZ I'm obviously too far away to take advatage of it but if I was in say California I would try and take advantage of FD's club hoing and some of the incredible deals he discovers.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Mongrel wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:Please add or replace 'drunk' with stoned. I suffer from gout, so I must limit my Kettle One intake.

I, too, have been a long time gout sufferer. However, I have taken steps to almost eliminate attacks. Step number one for you should be to forego the Russian Holy Water and the spelling of that brand is "Kettel", not "Kettle", although I imagine that it is made in some sort of kettle. Perhaps the Swap Shop forum could be replaced with one dedicated to helpful hints to improve one's quality of life at the least cost possible with lots of folk remedies, basic alternative repair technologies. The Magic of Duct Tape, for example.

Actually it's Ketel.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Poe4soul wrote:I probably won't ever use it. I hold onto clubs for 3-4 years, I'm left handed, and play x-stiff shafts. So, probably less than 1% of the golfers have any club I might/would be interested in purchasing.

I see that you couldn't help but throw in the fact that you play X Stiff shafts. Braggart.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Don't do it. It would inevitably lead to a controversy rivaling the Tesseee affair at GR.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 am

Lorenzzo wrote:Don't do it. It would inevitably lead to a controversy rivaling the Tesseee affair at GR.

I came along after the "Tessee affair" so I'm afraid I can't relate. It would be like Kiwi commenting on the Tai Chi video he never saw.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:57 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:Don't do it. It would inevitably lead to a controversy rivaling the Tesseee affair at GR.

I came along after the "Tessee affair" so I'm afraid I can't relate. It would be like Kiwi commenting on the Tai Chi video he never saw.

The Tai Chi video wasn't that big a deal and I've read enough about to feel as if I saw it with my own eyes. It's reputation is kind of blown out of proportion compared to the actual event. Missing the Tessee affair is a much bigger loss IMHO.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:13 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:I probably won't ever use it. I hold onto clubs for 3-4 years, I'm left handed, and play x-stiff shafts. So, probably less than 1% of the golfers have any club I might/would be interested in purchasing.

I see that you couldn't help but throw in the fact that you play X Stiff shafts. Braggart.

It's the main reason I don't get used equipment. I've seen many sets of used irons I'd love. They usually run in the mid 300's but usually have r300's. I would have to resaft them. I actually like s300 but your still talking a players LH'ed club in stiff. In realty I'm between a stiff and x.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 am