Mongrel

Ken Venturi

Post  Mongrel on Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 pm

R.I.P.
    Lorenzzo

Re: Ken Venturi

Post  Lorenzzo on Mon May 20, 2013 11:00 am

Mongrel wrote:R.I.P.

Class act. I'll always credit him for properly branding Arnold Palmer a cheater.

I wouldn't use Pennzoil if you gave it to me.
    Player

Post  Player on Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 am

Lorenzzo wrote:

Class act. I'll always credit him for properly branding Arnold Palmer a cheater.

It took big cojones to call out the biggest name in the game as a cheat. The fact he stuck to his guns speaks volumes for his character. He was on a hiding to nothing taking on the darling of the galleries and the press, ke would have known everyone would take the cheats side. The pga simply couldnt afford to lose their meal ticket so couldnt be trusted to imvestigate the allegations impartially. Everybody wanted it to go away but Venturi was a golfer of rare imtegrity who couldnt let it slide. Arnie will always have a black mark against his name over this, as well he should. Nobody likes a cheat, especially a golf cheat.
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Player wrote:Nobody likes a cheat, especially a golf cheat.

I never new the story. Wow!

I used to play with my oldest friend. We were on a par 5 with a 200yd lake along the fairway from the tee box. He hits two balls in the water off the tee. Then proceedes to place his ball at the far end of the lake and hit his 3rd shot. He put himself down for a 6 on that hole. I didn't speak to him for the rst of the round. Going foward, I will not ever play with him again.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Wed May 22, 2013 1:28 am

Player wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

It took big cojones to call out the biggest name in the game as a cheat. The fact he stuck to his guns speaks volumes for his character. He was on a hiding to nothing taking on the darling of the galleries and the press, ke would have known everyone would take the cheats side. The pga simply couldnt afford to lose their meal ticket so couldnt be trusted to imvestigate the allegations impartially. Everybody wanted it to go away but Venturi was a golfer of rare imtegrity who couldnt let it slide. Arnie will always have a black mark against his name over this, as well he should. Nobody likes a cheat, especially a golf cheat.

Your argument has faults. This was palmers first major and there was no Arnie's army at the time. Rules officials agree that Palmer did it right. The marshal was wrong. Just because you want to call him a cheat doesn't make it so. Venturi had 14 wins with one major. That shouldn't give you hall of fame status. He was a good announcer, though, and its sad he passed away.
    SoonerBS

Post  SoonerBS on Wed May 22, 2013 5:29 pm

This could put Master Grip out of business.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 am

jmtbkr wrote:
    Player wrote:Nobody likes a cheat, especially a golf cheat.

I never new the story. Wow!

I used to play with my oldest friend. We were on a par 5 with a 200yd lake along the fairway from the tee box. He hits two balls in the water off the tee. Then proceedes to place his ball at the far end of the lake and hit his 3rd shot. He put himself down for a 6 on that hole. I didn't speak to him for the rst of the round. Going foward, I will not ever play with him again.

Maybe he does not know how to count disappointed
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Sun May 26, 2013 9:23 am

Pky6471 wrote:Maybe he does not know how to count disappointed

He's an accountant Rolling Eyes
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 am

jmtbkr wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:Maybe he does not know how to count disappointed

He's an accountant Rolling Eyes

I was just kidding... How could U get sucked into this... Maybe I'd try Lerry Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Sun May 26, 2013 10:58 am

I don't get sucked into it, anymore. I just don't play with him, only when I have to. We've been friends since 7 yrs old. So he cheats, ok. Only fooling yourself anyhoo.
    He comes back from a round and says, "I shot a 92."
    "How many balls did you loose?"
    'Only 6 this round."

Rhiiiight! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:21 pm