The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Cobra Old Hybrid Model

Pky6471

Cobra Old Hybrid Model

Post  Pky6471 on Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 am

I remember one time FD and Mongrel swear by the Cobra hybrid... but I don't remember the model, can U refresh my memory
    Thanks guys/ girls/ AC-DC
    Mongrel

Re: Cobra Old Hybrid Model

Post  Mongrel on Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 am

It is called "King Cobra Baffler". I have two. Something happened and I no longer hit them well. I'm kind of sour on all hybrids right now. And fairway woods. And long irons. I've been working on drivers, short irons, pitching, chipping and putting. So if I can't hit the green in reg, I will lay up with the 6 iron and take it from there. On Pilgrim's Oak a month ago, I hit driver and 6 iron to about 40 yards of the hole. Messed up the pitch and ended up with bogey. At least its better than the 8 and 9 I took previously.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Sun May 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Mongrel wrote:It is called "King Cobra Baffler". I have two. Something happened and I no longer hit them well. I'm kind of sour on all hybrids right now. And fairway woods. And long irons. I've been working on drivers, short irons, pitching, chipping and putting. So if I can't hit the green in reg, I will lay up with the 6 iron and take it from there. On Pilgrim's Oak a month ago, I hit driver and 6 iron to about 40 yards of the hole. Messed up the pitch and ended up with bogey. At least its better than the 8 and 9 I took previously.

Thanks Mongrel... I still hit my Adams Tech OS gaybrids very well, and I hit the Cleveland HiBore XLS better (recommended by BIG Dave)... I have a 3i (22*) , so I am searching for a cheap XLS 2H (19*). Somehow the combination of head/shaft XLS gives me the best trajectory... Will play Pilgrims' Oak on July 5th with a group from old Ohio Univ
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Our club has it scheduled to play July 6. Don't know yet whether I'll play it then.
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul on Mon May 13, 2013 11:29 am

Pky6471 wrote:I remember one time FD and Mongrel swear by the Cobra hybrid... but I don't remember the model, can U refresh my memory

I have two of the "King Cobra Baffler Pro" models in 16* and 20*. Both are good clubs but I did reshaft both of them...
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Pky6471 wrote:I remember one time FD and Mongrel swear by the Cobra hybrid... but I don't remember the model, can U refresh my memory

PK...I have the Cobra Baffler DWS hybrid 18 degree and 23 degree. Both with stock "for Cobra" Aldila HV Stiff graphite shafts. I like this particular hybrid mostly because of the sound and feel. They are more like a fairway wood feel than an iron. They get up in the air nicely but don't balloon.

What I like most about them is the way they look at address. They have a slight convex shape to the face, much like a persimmon driver, giving the player the ability to work the ball. Still the best looking hybrids I've seen.

I've hit some fantastic shots with them. One was in a tournament a few months ago. 215 to the green and I'm in the light rough. I hit this bullet with the 18 degree that never left the pin. I ended up 8 feet from the hole. No way does that ever happen with an iron or traditional fairway wood. I use them all the time when I'm in the fringe close to the green but too far off the collar to putt.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks guys/ girls/ AC-DC... I went with what I feel comfortable with, Cleveland HiBore XLS. I love the 3i (22*) XLS, so I just eBayed the 2i (19*) , should be here by May 16 for a weekend round. Last yr I bought 2H and 3H Cleveland Launcher DST gaybrids but never develop a love for them, so They will be on eBay for new owner. I hit Adams Tech OS gaybrids very well, I also hit the XLS as well , with lower trajectory (still high as designed) and it seems to penetrate into a head wind better than the OS... may be something about the shaft... Big Dave can give me all the theory about why Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 am