The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Kingsmill Championship Preview & Pairings

tonyj5

Kingsmill Championship Preview & Pairings

Post  tonyj5 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Before I get to this week's tournament, let me say once again if you missed last week's event , you missed another thriller. Congratulations goes out to Inbee Park for winning the North Texas LPGA Shootout. Inbee came from behind and pulled out a one stroke victory over runner up Carlotta Ciganda. It sure seems every week is a nail biter. Every tournament seems to go down to the final shot on the final hole. Who could ask for more?

The LPGA moves to Virginia this week for the playing of the Kingsmill Championship. Who could ever forget last year's championship when Jiyai Shin defeated Paula Creamer in a 9 hole playoff?

This will be tournament #9 of 28 on this year's schedule.
    Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/kingsmill-championship-preview.html
    Mongrel

Re: Kingsmill Championship Preview & Pairings

Post  Mongrel on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 am

I'll be watching that one for sure if they are still playing the River course. I played it a few times in the '80's and loved it.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Mongrel wrote:I'll be watching that one for sure if they are still playing the River course. I played it a few times in the '80's and loved it.

Yes they are still playing the river course.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm pretty sure they're playing the lakes course.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Wed May 01, 2013 1:03 am

FamousDavis wrote:I'm pretty sure they're playing the lakes course.

They are playing the River Course....here is the link to prove it.

http://www.lpga.com/golf/tournaments/lpga/kingsmill-championship.aspx
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Wed May 01, 2013 10:32 am

Your link doesn't prove anything. It could be old or fake. I spoke to the tournament director and he specifically stated that they'd be playing the Lakes course.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Wed May 01, 2013 11:14 am

Even though its been thirty years or more since I played the River Course, I remember the first hole, a medium par 4, that had a split fairway. There was this knoll straight ahead that had trees and bushes on it and a decent amount of fairway both left and right of it. I think the knoll started about 150 out or so. I figured that the best way to play the tee shot was to aim straight at the middle of the knoll and just hit the shit out of the ball with driver. If it was a hook or fade swing, I'd be in the fairway. Hell, nobody hits the driver straight on the first hole anyway.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Thu May 02, 2013 12:39 am

FamousDavis wrote:Your link doesn't prove anything. It could be old or fake. I spoke to the tournament director and he specifically stated that they'd be playing the Lakes course.

Old or fake? It's from LPGA.com and dated yesterday.

I talked to one of the girls playing yesterday and she said she just finished playing the pro-am on the River course. She then played 9 more holes by herself.
    So unless she practicing on the wrong course, they are playing the River course.

Also if you go to MyLPGA.com or Seoul Sisters.com there are people reporting news from the event and they said its the River course.
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo on Thu May 02, 2013 2:17 pm

If I made the rules, Asian LPGA players would all be required to wear numbers on the top of there heads so we would know who they are in an aerial shot. Yes, for many of these players that would require a wide angle lens.

Another idea would be to require Asian players to make stir fry at the turn. Too much MSG would mean disqualification. Their caddies should have to use rickshaws. Playoffs between Asian players would be decided by fortune cookies. Because they love to gamble, purses at tournament end would go on the roulette wheel. Red they double, black they get nothing.

Something needs to be done, otherwise only tonyj5 is going to be watching this s.hit.
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer on Thu May 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:If I made the rules, Asian LPGA players would all be required to wear numbers on the top of there heads so we would know who they are in an aerial shot. Yes, for many of these players that would require a wide angle lens.

Another idea would be to require Asian players to make stir fry at the turn. Too much MSG would mean disqualification. Their caddies should have to use rickshaws. Playoffs between Asian players would be decided by fortune cookies. Because they love to gamble, purses at tournament end would go on the roulette wheel. Red they double, black they get nothing.

Something needs to be done, otherwise only tonyj5 is going to be watching this s.hit.

I dunno. As a proud Kiwi I'll be watching if Lydia Ko turns out to be as good as we think she is. That other home grown Kiwi hope Danny Lee seems to have flopped.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:Your link doesn't prove anything. It could be old or fake. I spoke to the tournament director and he specifically stated that they'd be playing the Lakes course.

I talked to one of the girls playing yesterday and she said she just finished playing the pro-am on the River course. She then played 9 more holes by herself.
    So unless she practicing on the wrong course, they are playing the River course.

Also if you go to MyLPGA.com or Seoul Sisters.com there are people reporting news from the event and they said its the River course.

So your logic is based on some discussion you had with "one of the girls" who played in a pro am? Maybe the pro am was played on another course to help preserve the actual tournament course. Second, you mention the fact that she then went on to play another 9 holes by herself. How is that relevant? At best that extraneous information that has no bearing whatsoever on our discussion.

Seoul Sisters? Seriously? You actually expect me to click on that?

Trust me, they are playing the lake course.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:37 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:

So your logic is based on some discussion you had with "one of the girls" who played in a pro am? Maybe the pro am was played on another course to help preserve the actual tournament course. Second, you mention the fact that she then went on to play another 9 holes by herself. How is that relevant? At best that extraneous information that has no bearing whatsoever on our discussion.

I arrived at the tournament...I will be at 8 of the next 11 tournaments...including St. Andrews.
    They are playing the River Course. Here is the recap from LPGA.com of today's round. http://www.lpga.com/golf/news/2013/5/kingsmill-championship-first-round-notes-and-interviews.aspx Clearly states the river course. I also have the pairings guide they give out...says River course across the top. If anyone watched the Broadcast, River Course is on the top the leaderboard. Give it up...whoever gave you this info is a moron.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Fri May 03, 2013 12:50 am

Here are the first round leaders:

1 Ariya Jutanugarn -7 F
    2 Cristie Kerr -5 F
    3 Dewi Claire Schreefel -4 F
    3 So Yeon Ryu -4 F
    5 Angela Stanford -3 F
    5 Caroline Hedwall -3 F
    5 Jane Park -3 F
    5 Sandra Gal -3 F
    5 Mo Martin -3 F
    5 Ai Miyazato -3 F
    5 Suzann Pettersen -3 F
    5 Hee Young Park -3 F
    5 Inbee Park -3 F
    5 Katie Burnett -3 F
    5 Stacy Lewis -3 F
    5 Jee Young Lee -3 F
    5 Karen Stupples -3 F
    5 Azahara Munoz -3 F
    19 Paula Creamer -2 F

FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Fri May 03, 2013 10:50 am

tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:

I arrived at the tournament...I will be at 8 of the next 11 tournaments...including St. Andrews.
    They are playing the River Course. Here is the recap from LPGA.com of today's round. http://www.lpga.com/golf/news/2013/5/kingsmill-championship-first-round-notes-and-interviews.aspx Clearly states the river course. I also have the pairings guide they give out...says River course across the top. If anyone watched the Broadcast, River Course is on the top the leaderboard. Give it up...whoever gave you this info is a moron.
    [u]

There's no need to start calling people names.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Fri May 03, 2013 2:01 pm

That Lakes course looks fantastic on TV.
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo on Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
    Whoever gave you this info is a moron.

I don't know, tonyj5, for the life of me I can't remember giving FD this information.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Sat May 04, 2013 1:10 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:

[u]

The strange part is that I talked with the head groundskeeper and he said that there are 3 courses there and none of them are called the lakes course.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Sat May 04, 2013 1:10 am

Here are the leaders after round 2:

1 Ariya Jutanugarn -7 F
    2 Angela Stanford -6 F
    2 Stacy Lewis -6 F
    4 Cristie Kerr -5 F
    4 Sandra Gal -5 F
    4 Suzann Pettersen -5 F
    7 Katie Burnett -4 F
    7 Juli Inkster -4 F
    7 Ilhee Lee -4 F
    7 So Yeon Ryu -4 F
    7 Shanshan Feng -4 F
    7 Ai Miyazato -4 F
    13 Christel Boeljon -3 F
    13 Jane Park -3 F
    13 Irene Cho -3 F
    13 Paula Creamer -3 F
    13 Alison Walshe -3 F
    13 Karen Stupples -3 F
    19 Mo Martin -2 F
    19 Inbee Park -2 F

tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Sun May 05, 2013 12:11 am

Here are the third round leaders:
    1 Cristie Kerr -10 F
    2 Suzann Pettersen -8 F
    2 Stacy Lewis -8 F
    4 Angela Stanford -7 F
    5 Ilhee Lee -6 F
    6 Lizette Salas -5 F
    6 Ariya Jutanugarn -5 F
    8 Inbee Park -4 F
    8 Katie Burnett -4 F
    10 Mo Martin -3 F
    10 Sandra Gal -3 F
    12 Chella Choi -2 F
    12 Jenny Shin -2 F
    12 Karrie Webb -2 F
    12 Caroline Hedwall -2 F
    12 Irene Cho -2 F
    12 Jane Park -2 F
    12 So Yeon Ryu -2 F
    12 Shanshan Feng -2 F

tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 pm

I have posted the final recap & results:

FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon May 06, 2013 12:05 am

tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:

[u]

The strange part is that I talked with the head groundskeeper and he said that there are 3 courses there and none of them are called the lakes course.

I spoke to MacFiddish, the heads groundskeeper, as well and after seeing his garb I didn't come away with a whole lot of confidence in his opinions. If you ask me his subordinate, Carl, is next in line for the job.
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:25 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:

[u]

I spoke to MacFiddish, the heads groundskeeper, as well and after seeing his garb I didn't come away with a whole lot of confidence in his opinions. If you ask me his subordinate, Carl, is next in line for the job.

You also talked to the tournament director who told you they were playing the Lakes course, a course that doesn't exsist. Your sourses are not very reliable. I am at just about every tournament, if you need to get the correct info I'll be there to get it. Just ask.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:50 am