The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
Horseballs
Pky6471
Fluffy
7 posters

Wishon 555MB Clubs,any info?

Fluffy
    Fluffy

Wishon 555MB Clubs,any info? Empty Wishon 555MB Clubs,any info?

Post  Fluffy Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 am

Anyone have some insight of the Wishon 555MB golf clubs?

At the moment they are my first option for the price I can get including the following:
    Wishon 555MB 3-PW,
    Custom fitting,
    Frequency Tuned complete set,
    Custom Shafts C-Taper X130g
    Custom Shaft grips

The price equals the same amount as I would pay for a standard (without c-taper shafts)offthe shelve
    OEM MuscleBack club
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Wishon 555MB Clubs,any info? Empty Re: Wishon 555MB Clubs,any info?

Post  Pky6471 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am

Fluffy wrote:Anyone have some insight of the Wishon 555MB golf clubs?

At the moment they are my first option for the price I can get including the following:
    Wishon 555MB 3-PW,
    Custom fitting,
    Custom Shaft grips

The price equals the same amount as I would pay for a standard (without c-taper shafts)offthe shelve
    OEM MuscleBack club

I always thought that I would go for "custom fit" iron set when I retire , now I am not sure if I needed that - even just to give myself a retirement gift - because I hit my 6i-PW Cobra S2 as well as I could hit, and I am enjoying my 50* LaJolla GW and 60* LaJolla LW, I also carry 2H, 3H and 4H Adams Tech OS gaybrids that fit my swing quite well... If that work for you, go for it as we all know Golf is all about confidence and mental toughness.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 am

I need a new set as mine is getting close to 12years old now...the grooves on my current clubs are worn out almost completely. So I do NEED a new set, not only for sh!ts & G!ggl3S...
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am

Fluffy wrote:Anyone have some insight of the Wishon 555MB golf clubs?

Wishon 555MB 3-PW,
    Custom fitting,
    Custom Shaft grips

OEM MuscleBack club

I hope it's not too late. Yes, I bought and current own Wishon 555MB's. I went through the same exercise as you with the fitting, though I paid considerably more than OTR OEM prices. They were an unmitigated failure. I cannot possibly express how much I despise those irons. Just seeing the name in print gets my blood boiling.

High shittty hooks with horrible distance control. Some shots would go 25 yards longer for no discernable reason. It looks great on the driving range and I really tried to convince myself that I would sort out the hooks and dial in the distances.

My handicap went up by 6 strokes and my confidence was ruined in all my other clubs. I went so far as to take a couple lessons which further sent my game down the crapper. 7 months later, I put my MP-32's back into play and immediately started playing better.

There is no resale market for Wishons and definitely no way to recoup the tremendous costs I put into customization. The irons live in the garage now. They are a constant reminder that a better game cannot be bought, and that Tom Wishon is fukking d-bag.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 am

Horse Balls relates valuable information. You may be better off getting an older set of forged irons with lots of groove life left on the cheap. If you know what shafts you need, just get the heads reshafted. If you are not sure about shafts, maybe pull a shaft from one of the heads, say the 6 iron, and try several in it until you find the magic stick. This could still be way cheaper than a custom-fit set of new irons that are, at best, decent a decent component product.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks Guys,

Especially HB.

They do look a little square at setup,and they did feel a little harder then usual. The price that was given to me was fair and equal to the other sets of the rack I would want...Maybe there is a reason I havent seen Pros use these clubs....

My heart is leaning more towards the Nike VRII Blades in any case.I hit those beautifully the other day,but no-one sells them:(
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:26 pm

I don't know about the 555Ms, but I had a big comeback year with new 870TI irons. I'm now a Wishon believer.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:59 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:I don't know about the 555Ms, but I had a big comeback year with new 870TI irons. I'm now a Wishon believer.

Do you want to buy Fluffy's set as a spare? you could get a very good deal from him Laughing
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:28 am

Pky6471 wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:I don't know about the 555Ms, but I had a big comeback year with new 870TI irons. I'm now a Wishon believer.

Do you want to buy Fluffy's set as a spare? you could get a very good deal from him Laughing

I may get a set of mp69's for $250 less then a new set,only played twice apparently. new x100 shafts in them as well... will wait and see maybe in the next two days.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 am

Fluffy wrote:

I may get a set of mp69's for $250 less then a new set,only played twice apparently. new x100 shafts in them as well... will wait and see maybe in the next two days.

How about MP-32 instead?
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 am

Pky6471 wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:

How about MP-32 instead?

I need a full blade, i cant hit these normal irons at all. I can hit an old 20y old hair thin blade better then these cut/cavity muscles...I cant even get a hybrid in the air!
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Fluffy wrote:[

I need a full blade, i cant hit these normal irons at all. I can hit an old 20y old hair thin blade better then these cut/cavity muscles...I cant even get a hybrid in the air!

U suck at golf bounce bounce bounce
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Glad to see that HB was able to intervene in time and save Fluffy from making a big mistake. And I never tire of hearing HB tale of Wishon lament. lol!

Play it again HB! Very Happy
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:Glad to see that HB was able to intervene in time and save Fluffy from making a big mistake. And I never tire of hearing HB tale of Wishon lament. lol!

I am here to amuse you.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:Glad to see that HB was able to intervene in time and save Fluffy from making a big mistake. And I never tire of hearing HB tale of Wishon lament. lol!

I am here to amuse you.

All that money, I think they deserve another try. What the hell, let's not be so fear based. Btw, I learned that in the surf.

You're going to want for your kids to be open minded and not easily deterred. As a parent, talk all you want, the thing that really matters is the example you set, good and bad.

Not that this should be guilt based. You owe it to yourself to overcome this. You never know what kinds of things you'll think about sitting on a park bench, many years from now. You'll wish you could go back and fix this.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 am

At the moment I have a 2 round old set of mp69s,+1inch,x100s, waiting for me at the shop for $700(R6000). I just need to confirm the grooves are in order then its in the bag...
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:32 am

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I am here to amuse you.

All that money, I think they deserve another try. What the hell, let's not be so fear based. Btw, I learned that in the surf.

You're going to want for your kids to be open minded and not easily deterred. As a parent, talk all you want, the thing that really matters is the example you set, good and bad.

Not that this should be guilt based. You owe it to yourself to overcome this. You never know what kinds of things you'll think about sitting on a park bench, many years from now. You'll wish you could go back and fix this.
    I suppose you start to ponder these types of things when you hit milestone birthdays like 40 or god forbid, 50. I am still in the "live life to fullest" part of my life.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I am here to amuse you.

I suppose you start to ponder these types of things when you hit milestone birthdays like 40 or god forbid, 50. I am still in the "live life to fullest" part of my life.

Actually, one of life's lessons is living stuck in a closed minded rut wastes what could have been the best years. The fact is it takes time to mature to get to them. Unless and until you resolve the club thing your best years are locked away and out of reach.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I am here to amuse you.

Actually, one of life's lessons is living stuck in a closed minded rut wastes what could have been the best years. The fact is it takes time to mature to get to them. Unless and until you resolve the club thing your best years are locked away and out of reach.
    I'm of the mind that whatever age I am, it is the best time of my life. Doesn't really matter what irons I'm using. Of course that might change once I hit a certain age. Just picking one out of the air, I'll say that age is 50. Thank god that's 12 years away.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I am here to amuse you.

I'm of the mind that whatever age I am, it is the best time of my life. Doesn't really matter what irons I'm using. Of course that might change once I hit a certain age. Just picking one out of the air, I'll say that age is 50. Thank god that's 12 years away.

Surf's up, gotta go.

Last edited by Lorenzzo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Fluffy wrote:At the moment I have a 2 round old set of mp69s,+1inch,x100s, waiting for me at the shop for $700(R6000). I just need to confirm the grooves are in order then its in the bag...

Sounds like the ideal replacement for your MP33's and the MP69's are still a recent model so you'd expect them to be in decent shape.

Let us know if you get them. I'm interested to hear how they compare to the MP33's.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    I'm of the mind that whatever age I am, it is the best time of my life.

That's a great philosophy to live by and one I try to adhere to. As the years advance you should never bemoan getting old. Some poor suckers like the 26 gunned down last week will never get that opportunity. Same with those who are taken young through accident or illness. Growing old is a privilege.

Another great philosophy to live by is that life is too short to waste time on junk like those Wishons. You tried, they failed, move on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 am