The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Is it logical?

FamousDavis
    Admin

Is it logical?

Post  FamousDavis on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:43 pm

An atheist is lying in his death bed in the hospital and asks the nurse to summon a priest so that he can confess his sins and be forgiven by God.

Is that logical?
    jmtbkr

Re: Is it logical?

Post  jmtbkr on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:32 pm

If a tree falls in the woods, does anyone give a $hit?
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:34 am

FamousDavis wrote:An atheist is lying in his death bed in the hospital and asks the nurse to summon a priest so that he can confess his sins and be forgiven by God.

Is that logical?

Completely logical. In betting parlance it's called having a dollar each way. Smile
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 am

Kiwi is right. It's called Pascal's rule. There is tremendous upside but literally no downside. To the atheist, in the event God exists he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:16 am

There are no atheists in foxholes. And in some other holes.
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Mongrel wrote:There are no atheists in foxholes. And in some other holes.

Or as Edgey used to say 'there are no atheists in a lifeboat'. Smile
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:

And even some people that believe in life after death are terrified to die.

I've had a relative and a friend that were atheists and died of cancer. Neither "found" god on their deathbeds. At least not openly.
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:59 am

Poe4soul wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

I've had a relative and a friend that were atheists and died of cancer. Neither "found" god on their deathbeds. At least not openly.

I thought my visit to the Vatican a couple of years ago might have brought me closer to god. Instead it drove me further away. What a scam. A 2000 year old scam at that!

Speaking of life after death I once had a work colleague who bought an old boat as a sort of 'do up' project. He had no experience whatsoever and wasn't exactly a handyman however his Dad helped him out. I went for a day out on the boat not long after it went back in the water and his Dad came out for the day too. His Dad proudly informed me that he had no previous boat building experience but that he had been a boat builder in a 'former life'. Rolling Eyes

What a f#ckin nutjub. I couldn't get off that boat soon enough.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:50 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

I thought my visit to the Vatican a couple of years ago might have brought me closer to god. Instead it drove me further away. What a scam. A 2000 year old scam at that!

Speaking of life after death I once had a work colleague who bought an old boat as a sort of 'do up' project. He had no experience whatsoever and wasn't exactly a handyman however his Dad helped him out. I went for a day out on the boat not long after it went back in the water and his Dad came out for the day too. His Dad proudly informed me that he had no previous boat building experience but that he had been a boat builder in a 'former life'. Rolling Eyes

What a f#ckin nutjub. I couldn't get off that boat soon enough.

Someone once asked how much money Howard Hughes left behind when he died. He left ALL of it.
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:54 am

I've been an atheist since the age of thirteen or fourteen.

What've I've never done is trespass into some poor fox's hole.

I will never understand that silly expression.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Here is another illogical statement-- "That wasn't the real me".

Here is the truth: You are what you do.

In other words, the "real you" is not the person you aspire to be.

Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:56 pm

FamousDavis wrote:Here is another illogical statement-- "That wasn't the real me".

The real truth is "You are what you eat." On the way home from work at the wife's request, I am stopping at the supermarket to score a Stouffer's frozen chicken echillada dinner. Its a lot of food and there will be a portion or two leftover. It is not spicy so I have my own special hot sauce to add to it. It comes in a small bottle with a plastic skull wrapped in black cloth and is labeled "Ass Reaper". She bought it for me for my birthday. It is the hottest stuff I've ever had and when I read the label, I knew why. Besides the pedestrian jalapeno and habenero peppers, its got some African peppers too. Those are right nasty little pepper plants, Bud. So tonight after dinner, she and I will be Mexicans. Of course I will do the majority of the farting but I usually blame it on the dog. That's one of their duties. I swear I don't care who you are, if you get a drop or two of Ass Reaper on your tongue, you will be shouting to God to turn the heat down.
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Mongrel wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:Here is another illogical statement-- "That wasn't the real me".

The real truth is "You are what you eat." On the way home from work at the wife's request, I am stopping at the supermarket to score a Stouffer's frozen chicken echillada dinner. Its a lot of food and there will be a portion or two leftover. It is not spicy so I have my own special hot sauce to add to it. It comes in a small bottle with a plastic skull wrapped in black cloth and is labeled "Ass Reaper". She bought it for me for my birthday. It is the hottest stuff I've ever had and when I read the label, I knew why. Besides the pedestrian jalapeno and habenero peppers, its got some African peppers too. Those are right nasty little pepper plants, Bud. So tonight after dinner, she and I will be Mexicans. Of course I will do the majority of the farting but I usually blame it on the dog. That's one of their duties. I swear I don't care who you are, if you get a drop or two of Ass Reaper on your tongue, you will be shouting to God to turn the heat down.

I was listening to an interview about a new "hottest" pepper. The interviewer asked the scientist that specializes in peppers from the New Mexico State University if you can die from eating very hot peppers. She said no, but many people that eat very hot food get anxiety that the heat will never end and have a panic attack. Which, of course, can lead to a heart attack.

So is the Ass Reaper sauce flavorful? I like hot food but I've found that some very hot sauces have heat and little flavor. That african pepper is listed near 2 million scovilles. That's fricken hot! That's the level used in police grade pepper spray. Does it really burn hot twice? I've eaten a small bit of ghost pepper and even my pee burned and is was not a good feeling.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Mongrel wrote:

Back in 1993 there was a group of guys at my work who would get together every once in awhile to partake in the eating of extreme hot sauces. We're talking the stuff where one drop will make you feel like you're going to die and then make you sit on the toilet for an hour. Literally, one drop of this stuff will leave you teary eyed, sweating and make you feel like your mouth is burning. I know this to be true because I watched it once. One guy was asking for an ambulance because he thought he was going to die. He made the mistake of eating a few drops.

Each bottle actually had a measurement indicator similar to Celcius or Farenheit, named Scoville Units. Just to give you an idea, Tobasco Sauce rates at 100 to 600 on the Scoville scale. One of the sauces these guys tried was named "Mad Dog" and it rated at 4,000,000 on the Scoville. Ouch.

They would all get together and show off their most recent hot sauce purchases. In the end it was all about male bonding and masculinity. To me it seemed an act of stupidity but then again I have golf to fall back on.

That being said, I like normal hot sauce and spicy foods. I love salsa and spreading it on my burritos, quesadillas and nachos. I also like Jalepenos and Pepperchinis.

Adios Amigos. Que barbaridad.
    [img][/img]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:08 am