The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Share
    avatar
    Fluffy

    Posts : 242
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 29

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Fluffy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:57 am

    FreakOfNature wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:I'm pissed.....

    I started living at a new place about 4 months ago.Flat next to a house. There was a cable for our landlords Satelite TV. Showing everything they watch. They were kind enough to switch over to the Masters since its during 21:00 -01:00 ine the evenings here by us... Get to my TV need to plug the cable in since Iv'e newer used it and whala,the most distorted signal ever. Tried changind the plug at the end of the cable but still not working. Will try again tonight to get the signal working

    If all else fails, you could always watch a stream on your computer. Sure, the video probably won't be HD quality, but it'll be nostalgic, like when the old farts on this board were watching Jack and Arnie in black and white on the old rabbit ear box. Except the stream would be in color. And you wouldn't wonder if it's actually snowing in Georgia in April. Laughing

    Yeah, I'm old enough to remember B&W TV. Take me out behind the woodshed and gimme 2 slugs. Make it humane, I've suffered enough.

    I dont have any form of internet at home. Cant even watch on phone because getting speed of EDGE. Something like 20kbps at most for download.
    avatar
    FreakOfNature

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Nova Scotia

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FreakOfNature on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:19 am

    Fluffy wrote:
    FreakOfNature wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:I'm pissed.....

    I started living at a new place about 4 months ago.Flat next to a house. There was a cable for our landlords Satelite TV. Showing everything they watch. They were kind enough to switch over to the Masters since its during 21:00 -01:00 ine the evenings here by us... Get to my TV need to plug the cable in since Iv'e newer used it and whala,the most distorted signal ever. Tried changind the plug at the end of the cable but still not working. Will try again tonight to get the signal working

    If all else fails, you could always watch a stream on your computer. Sure, the video probably won't be HD quality, but it'll be nostalgic, like when the old farts on this board were watching Jack and Arnie in black and white on the old rabbit ear box. Except the stream would be in color. And you wouldn't wonder if it's actually snowing in Georgia in April. Laughing

    Yeah, I'm old enough to remember B&W TV. Take me out behind the woodshed and gimme 2 slugs. Make it humane, I've suffered enough.

    I dont have any form of internet at home. Cant even watch on phone because getting speed of EDGE. Something like 20kbps at most for download.

    I haven't had to live with speeds like that since the internet was accessed through telephone lines and made a "screeeeee...eeeoooeee..." sound when you dialed up. OUCH.

    I'm rocking 40Mbps right now, and I find even that to be slow sometimes. First. World. Problems. Laughing
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Horseballs on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:21 am

    FamousDavis wrote:Nicklaus makes comments in press tent that he and Tiger have never said more than a few sentences to each other.

    All that tells me is that Tiger don't need no help. It's not like Nicklaus asked Palmer for advice.

    Why is Woosnam playing. He should give up his spot.

    How could anyone say Bubbas shot was lucky?
    I think Tiger is probably an introverted personality. I clearly don't know him, but I've known introverted people who behave similarly. Outgoing and quick-witted, but unwilling or uncomfortable in an in depth conversation.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1761
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Mongrel on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 am

    Tiger comes off as introverted. Sometimes when I'm watching his interviews, I think I see the real Tiger who is a guy who is really thinking that he doesn't know the interviewer all that well enough to trust him and also about the 29 ways he can kill without using a knife or gun. In other words, my kinda guy.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FamousDavis on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm

    Tiger now shares the lead with Couples. How cool would that be if they were paired together during the final round? I'm only looking at the leaderboard on my iphone so I have no idea what shots cause what. I just noticed that Furyk lost 4 shots on the Par 5 15th. He must have had a double or worse. Anyone know what happened? Rory is back in it. Check Bernhard Langer!

    Glad to see that Louis Olstensckleeban is not contending.

    Go Tiger!
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 836
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Pky6471 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:Tiger now shares the lead with Couples. How cool would that be if they were paired together during the final round? I'm only looking at the leaderboard on my iphone so I have no idea what shots cause what. I just noticed that Furyk lost 4 shots on the Par 5 15th. He must have had a double or worse. Anyone know what happened? Rory is back in it. Check Bernhard Langer!

    Glad to see that Louis Olstensckleeban is not contending.

    Go Tiger!

    I would love to see Freddie win this tourney. He plays as well as any pros out there... man, his swing has not changed in years, silky smooth / effortless, aim left and shoot straight, how simple could it be
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FamousDavis on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:58 pm

    Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:Tiger now shares the lead with Couples. How cool would that be if they were paired together during the final round? I'm only looking at the leaderboard on my iphone so I have no idea what shots cause what. I just noticed that Furyk lost 4 shots on the Par 5 15th. He must have had a double or worse. Anyone know what happened? Rory is back in it. Check Bernhard Langer!

    Glad to see that Louis Olstensckleeban is not contending.

    Go Tiger!

    I would love to see Freddie win this tourney. He plays as well as any pros out there... man, his swing has not changed in years, silky smooth / effortless, aim left and shoot straight, how simple could it be

    It would be one of the all time great wins if Couples won the Masters. I'm glad they gave Guan a one shot penalty. Slow play makes me sick. They should take away his after dinner snack as well. Man, Tiger got robbed. That ain't right.

    Jason Day has really been out of the spotlight for quite awhile now. Good to see him make a comeback. I hope he doesn't win but if he does it will be better than, say, Vijay or some other schlep like Schwartzel.

    I think Ben Crenshaw and Stadler need to hang it up. Maybe they can work the Palmento Sandwich stand.
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 836
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    TW Could be disqualified ???

    Post  Pky6471 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 am

    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/tiger-woods-could-be-disqualified-from-masters-over-illegal-drop-8570800.html
    The United States Golf Association rule 26-1a states that a player must take their drop "as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played", but Woods suggested he had opted to take he re-stroke "two yards away" from the original position.

    That has prompted the claims that Woods contravened the drop rule and that he should have instead incurred a two-stroke penalty, instead of the extra shot he signed for.

    http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/254290/25/Could-Tiger-Woods-Be-Disqualified-From-The-Masters

    ============================================================

    I was surprised that he did not drop a ball where it went in water, I thought since the ball landed on the green he's allowed to drop a ball close to the hazard line? Am i missing something BIG here?

    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 836
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Pky6471 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:13 pm

    The whole thing sucks... TW violated the rules signing wrong score card then he should be disqualified, PERIOD... The committee protected him, that sucks... Tiger should disqualify himself just because he signed a WRONG score card. I am very disappointed in him and the Masters committee members, especially TW. I hope he loses, if he won that won't count... TW, we are ashamed of you. Go away
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 pm

    It's a yellow staked hazard dummy. You need to go behind the hazard on a line between where it entered and the flag. A red hazard is different.
    avatar
    Player

    Posts : 182
    Join date : 2013-03-02

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Player on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 pm

    What really sucks is that tigers whole tournament has been de-railed by a horrible break on what was a perfect shot. He had the momentum of a runaway freight train and was looking a winner til that bounce. That bounce cost him 4 shots but also would have messed with his head. I cant imagine the sheer frustration of all the hard work to get back to where he was when that ball was in the air only to see it hit the flag and roll into the water. You can deal with an error that costs you but when you fukt up the ass on a good shot like that there isnt any coming back. I also wish hacks like chamblee would stfu about it. He could only dream of being in a position to actually disqualify himself, he has no idea of the work tiger has put in to get back and cannot possibly comprehend what that would do to a golfers decision making process as he has never hit a shot as good as that in his life. When chamblee played hitting the flag stick would have beeb the least of his worries.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:15 pm

    It's a non issue. They have a rule that was put on place 2 years ago. The committee deemed it to be not a disqualification, within the rules of golf. Tiger did get screwed by the flagstick. Amazing really
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm

    Player wrote:What really sucks is that tigers whole tournament has been de-railed by a horrible break on what was a perfect shot. He had the momentum of a runaway freight train and was looking a winner til that bounce. That bounce cost him 4 shots but also would have messed with his head. I cant imagine the sheer frustration of all the hard work to get back to where he was when that ball was in the air only to see it hit the flag and roll into the water. You can deal with an error that costs you but when you fukt up the ass on a good shot like that there isnt any coming back. I also wish hacks like chamblee would stfu about it. He could only dream of being in a position to actually disqualify himself, he has no idea of the work tiger has put in to get back and cannot possibly comprehend what that would do to a golfers decision making process as he has never hit a shot as good as that in his life. When chamblee played hitting the flag stick would have beeb the least of his worries.

    Missed the shot live but a friend who is as big a TW fanboy as you came over last night crestfallen about that shot and worried that his hero was going to be DQ'd.

    I agree the shot was a tough break but reading about the drop and Tiger's comments it sounds like a case of blatant cheating to gain an advantage and also done knowingly. Unless he doesn't know the rules. Unbelievable!!!
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

    How can it be blatant cheating when he mentions it in yesterday's post round interview and did it on national TV? The whole thing has been handled correctly under the new rules of golf. There is no controversy.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:How can it be blatant cheating when he mentions it in yesterday's post round interview and did it on national TV? The whole thing has been handled correctly under the new rules of golf. There is no controversy.

    Gimme a break. Anybody but Tiger and he's DQ'd. No two ways about it.

    But hey, I guess it's no different to calling a boulder a 'loose impediment' on the proviso that there are 20 sycophantic fans willing to come and move the 'loose impediment' for you. LOL
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:37 pm

    This is what he said:

    "I went back to where I played it from, but I went two yards further back and I took, tried to take two yards off the shot of what I felt I hit," Woods said. "And that should land me short of the flag and not have it either hit the flag or skip over the back. It worked out perfectly". 

    How is that not intentional cheating? Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.
    avatar
    jetdriver

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2012-12-12
    Location : here

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  jetdriver on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:51 pm

    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Player wrote:What really sucks is that tigers whole tournament has been de-railed by a horrible break on what was a perfect shot. He had the momentum of a runaway freight train and was looking a winner til that bounce. That bounce cost him 4 shots but also would have messed with his head. I cant imagine the sheer frustration of all the hard work to get back to where he was when that ball was in the air only to see it hit the flag and roll into the water. You can deal with an error that costs you but when you fukt up the ass on a good shot like that there isnt any coming back. I also wish hacks like chamblee would stfu about it. He could only dream of being in a position to actually disqualify himself, he has no idea of the work tiger has put in to get back and cannot possibly comprehend what that would do to a golfers decision making process as he has never hit a shot as good as that in his life. When chamblee played hitting the flag stick would have beeb the least of his worries.

    Missed the shot live but a friend who is as big a TW fanboy as you came over last night crestfallen about that shot and worried that his hero was going to be DQ'd.

    I agree the shot was a tough break but reading about the drop and Tiger's comments it sounds like a case of blatant cheating to gain an advantage and also done knowingly. Unless he doesn't know the rules. Unbelievable!!!

    Kiwi, You are right on the mark with this...in fact since I think at this point he should know the rules, I think he is just used to not needing to even consider them because he is used to the fact that they do not apply to him.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 pm

    jetdriver wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Player wrote:What really sucks is that tigers whole tournament has been de-railed by a horrible break on what was a perfect shot. He had the momentum of a runaway freight train and was looking a winner til that bounce. That bounce cost him 4 shots but also would have messed with his head. I cant imagine the sheer frustration of all the hard work to get back to where he was when that ball was in the air only to see it hit the flag and roll into the water. You can deal with an error that costs you but when you fukt up the ass on a good shot like that there isnt any coming back. I also wish hacks like chamblee would stfu about it. He could only dream of being in a position to actually disqualify himself, he has no idea of the work tiger has put in to get back and cannot possibly comprehend what that would do to a golfers decision making process as he has never hit a shot as good as that in his life. When chamblee played hitting the flag stick would have beeb the least of his worries.

    Missed the shot live but a friend who is as big a TW fanboy as you came over last night crestfallen about that shot and worried that his hero was going to be DQ'd.

    I agree the shot was a tough break but reading about the drop and Tiger's comments it sounds like a case of blatant cheating to gain an advantage and also done knowingly. Unless he doesn't know the rules. Unbelievable!!!

    Kiwi, You are right on the mark with this...in fact since I think at this point he should know the rules, I think he is just used to not needing to even consider them because he is used to the fact that they do not apply to him.

    You guys still don't get it. It's unbelievable that you can't follow what happened or what rule we are talking about. First, he obviously didn't intentionally make a wrong drop. We know this is true. Otherwise, he wouldn't have mentioned that he dropped it two yards behind in an interview. You can't say he intentionally broke a rule and didn't know in the same sentence. Despite what you are saying, it's extremely easy to play that shot wrong and break the rule.

    So here is what happened and please try to follow along.

    Tiger Woods took an improper drop for his 4th shot into the 15th green. He marked himself down for a 6, not knowing that he had broken a rule. A few minutes later, someone calls in and makes the committee aware that Tiger may have made an incorrect drop. They (the committee)review it (while Tiger is still out on the course)and they deem that nothing wrong had occurred.

    However, after they heard Tiger's post round interview they realized that he indeed may have taken an improper drop and should be assessed a 2 stroke penalty. Under a rule adopted 2 years ago, the committee has the right to not disqualify a player even after he's signed his scorecard. In this case, they didn't disqualify him because they themselves had reviewed it while he was still playing and didn't assess him a penalty. It would be unfair if they had looked at the situation, said nothing to him when they had time to and then later disqualified him.

    It's a relatively new rule and they were well within the rules to do exactly what they did.

    Now, as far as the improper drop, he DID get penalized two strokes for that. The only ruling we are discussing is whether or not he should have been disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. Since there is this new rule that dictates the rules committee can choose to not to disqualify a player, there is no rule that has been broken.

    You may not agree with the committee's decision or the new rule giving the committee the discretion to not disqualify, but you can't argue that the rules were not followed.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:17 pm

    I forgot to add one little additional tidbit - Tiger is going to win tomorrow.

    Here is my logic:

    I think Cabrerra is really the only contender and I think today was his best day. He's going to screw up tomorrow somewhere.

    Snedeker will fold just like he did last year.

    I don't think Jason Day has it in him. His bogies on the last two holes were careless and showed choking potential.

    Kucher - Maybe. He's one of those guys who doesn't make mistakes. Could be his day.

    Leishman - all we can do is hope that he'll throw up a big number tomorrow.

    Scott - I don't think he's forgotten about the British Open.

    Again, if Cabrerra has a good round it's all over. That guy knows how to win majors.
    avatar
    12pierogi

    Posts : 357
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Lake effect snowland

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  12pierogi on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 pm

    Tim Clark Tiger Woods Angel Cabrera will put the pedal to the metal Sunday. HH will probably have a wet spot at the end of the day.
    I don't care for the pimiento sandwich, maybe the masters club.

    There's a great app for iPads or iPhones for the masters, like 4-5 cameras on Amens corner, holes 15-16, group 1 or 2 . The range awsome, when Tiger is on the range they suck his cho. Funny how they all emulate him.
    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Poe4soul on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:42 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:
    jetdriver wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Player wrote:What really sucks is that tigers whole tournament has been de-railed by a horrible break on what was a perfect shot. He had the momentum of a runaway freight train and was looking a winner til that bounce. That bounce cost him 4 shots but also would have messed with his head. I cant imagine the sheer frustration of all the hard work to get back to where he was when that ball was in the air only to see it hit the flag and roll into the water. You can deal with an error that costs you but when you fukt up the ass on a good shot like that there isnt any coming back. I also wish hacks like chamblee would stfu about it. He could only dream of being in a position to actually disqualify himself, he has no idea of the work tiger has put in to get back and cannot possibly comprehend what that would do to a golfers decision making process as he has never hit a shot as good as that in his life. When chamblee played hitting the flag stick would have beeb the least of his worries.

    Missed the shot live but a friend who is as big a TW fanboy as you came over last night crestfallen about that shot and worried that his hero was going to be DQ'd.

    I agree the shot was a tough break but reading about the drop and Tiger's comments it sounds like a case of blatant cheating to gain an advantage and also done knowingly. Unless he doesn't know the rules. Unbelievable!!!

    Kiwi, You are right on the mark with this...in fact since I think at this point he should know the rules, I think he is just used to not needing to even consider them because he is used to the fact that they do not apply to him.

    You guys still don't get it. It's unbelievable that you can't follow what happened or what rule we are talking about. First, he obviously didn't intentionally make a wrong drop. We know this is true. Otherwise, he wouldn't have mentioned that he dropped it two yards behind in an interview. You can't say he intentionally broke a rule and didn't know in the same sentence. Despite what you are saying, it's extremely easy to play that shot wrong and break the rule.

    So here is what happened and please try to follow along.

    Tiger Woods took an improper drop for his 4th shot into the 15th green. He marked himself down for a 6, not knowing that he had broken a rule. A few minutes later, someone calls in and makes the committee aware that Tiger may have made an incorrect drop. They (the committee)review it (while Tiger is still out on the course)and they deem that nothing wrong had occurred.

    However, after they heard Tiger's post round interview they realized that he indeed may have taken an improper drop and should be assessed a 2 stroke penalty. Under a rule adopted 2 years ago, the committee has the right to not disqualify a player even after he's signed his scorecard. In this case, they didn't disqualify him because they themselves had reviewed it while he was still playing and didn't assess him a penalty. It would be unfair if they had looked at the situation, said nothing to him when they had time to and then later disqualified him.

    It's a relatively new rule and they were well within the rules to do exactly what they did.

    Now, as far as the improper drop, he DID get penalized two strokes for that. The only ruling we are discussing is whether or not he should have been disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. Since there is this new rule that dictates the rules committee can choose to not to disqualify a player, there is no rule that has been broken.

    You may not agree with the committee's decision or the new rule giving the committee the discretion to not disqualify, but you can't argue that the rules were not followed.

    The only question that comes to my mind is if the caller had not reported the illegal drop and tiger said the same in the post round interview, would he have been Dairy Queened? It seems the the committee screw the pooch on this one. They should have asked tiger about the drop before he signed his card. If tiger wins and breaks jacks record by one win, this decision will be a big deal.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

    This is turning into a 3 putt chokefest. Reminds me of my putting on Saturday. Nice to have such exalted company. Very Happy

    At least that cheat Tiger is pretty much out of contention.
    avatar
    Player

    Posts : 182
    Join date : 2013-03-02

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Player on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:37 pm

    Kiwigolfer wrote:This is what he said:

    "I went back to where I played it from, but I went two yards further back and I took, tried to take two yards off the shot of what I felt I hit," Woods said. "And that should land me short of the flag and not have it either hit the flag or skip over the back. It worked out perfectly". 

    How is that not intentional cheating? Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.
    Give it a break kiwi. The rule was introduced so guys could be punished for rule infractions post round without a dq for signing an incorrect card. Personally I dont like the idea of any post round sanctions during tourney. You have a guy scoring your card and match officials during a round, if they dont pick things up too bad. Could you imagine a world cup final being reversed the next day on a ref error picked up on video? This rule restores common sense to the game.
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  jt1135 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

    The boys from south of the equater are kicking ass.
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  jt1135 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:44 pm

    Day dodged a bullet on 15.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:47 am