The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+20
jmtbkr
Kiwigolfer
FreakOfNature
Horseballs
FamousDavis
rooteen
The Ghost of FD
BBQpig
Hubijerk
The Doctor
corythepagan
Lorenzzo
Big Dave
Poe4soul
SoonerBS
californiataxes
Player
12pierogi
Fluffy
Lord Helmet
24 posters

On The Course - Round Report

Pky6471
    Pky6471

On The Course - Round Report - Page 9 Empty Re: On The Course - Round Report

Post  Pky6471 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Mongrel wrote:So what if it was a net two under? Pretty fecking good for me.
    That's excellent... We have 12:06 PM T-time this Friday at Pilgrim's Oak... Sh$$$t, it's 55F at peak... well, better than 45F disappointed 
    The Ghost of FD
    The Ghost of FD

Post  The Ghost of FD Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Did I mention I shot a 74 on Sunday?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:32 pm

The Ghost of FD wrote:Did I mention I shot a 74 on Sunday?  
    Where did you lose some strokes?
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:43 am

Shot a 75 with 13 missed birdie putts...Grass on greens wasnt cut to save my life....putting was actually great but when dying moved like a snake towards the hole.

Dit get one birdie!!! on a 30ft putt....lol
    The Ghost of FD
    The Ghost of FD

Post  The Ghost of FD Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Fluffy wrote:Shot a 75 with 13 missed birdie putts...Grass on greens wasnt cut to save my life....putting was actually great but when dying moved like a snake towards the hole.

Dit get one birdie!!! on a 30ft putt....lol
    I plan on shooting even par or better this weekend. People act like golf scores are unpredictable but they are not. That's pretty good scoring on slow greens. I actually putt quite well on slow greens. I struggle when I play a course with unusually fast greens. I may like fast cars and fast women but I don't like fast greens.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Since I went to the Rife 2 Bar Mallet and Left Hand Low,
    greens that used to bother me don't no mo.
    I just make adjustments be they fast or slow.
    Driving's OK but the putting is dough.
    The Ghost of FD
    The Ghost of FD

Post  The Ghost of FD Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 pm

I might have to purchase that Rife putter after all. Man, I made nothing on Sunday. Missed all kinds of putts inside 6 feet. Also, I kept pushing all of my iron shots. On a positive note my wedge game inside 100 yards has improved greatly. I really focus on taking a divot and following through.

Still loving the Ping G5 driver with Aldila NVS Stiff. She was the best feeling driver I've hit and I've hit 'em all over the world. Cartoom....Cartoom.. I'm not going to race him, though, I'm going to put him out to stud.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Moo-Hamid say "To banish dance floor strife, go score yo-self a Rife."
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 pm

I haven't played in 3 weeks so nothing to report.  Shocked 
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I haven't played in 3 weeks so nothing to report.   Shocked 
    What? I have been on a weather-induced hiatus for the better part of 4 months and you just take a random 3 weeks off?
    My course is opening tomorrow for the first time all year, yet of course I am in Shithole, KY under Thursday. By then, the weather will be back to cold.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Christ, I figure it will be another month at least here before I get to stand at the first tee visionilizing, "Over the hill, second shot with 4 feet, birdie!" Then hit one right, into the water and take a 5 or 6.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

On The Course - Round Report - Page 9 Empty Shot 75

Post  FamousDavis Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:29 am

Shot 75 the other day. Relatively easy course.  Same one Kiwi and I played.  Iron game has been solid and so has driver.  Need to make more putts, though.  I should be a better putter given how good the rest of my game is.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Well, the course opened Tuesday and between then and Wednesday it got pretty ugly. The Srixon Z-star driver was working and so was the Bettinardi center shafted putter but everything in between truly sucked. Took a day off, had to get the harley from the shop after putting on new tires and going thru a preseason full service plus doing a little riding. Friday almost broke 80 and today shooting my cap (14.2). Playing with my buddies, skins .50 cents a hole with carry overs and kicked their asses.

Hoping this is just the beginning of a great season on the course. Well, between riding and golfing it will be a great season. God, life is great being retired at 57.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:08 am

jt1135 wrote:Well, the course opened Tuesday and between then and Wednesday it got pretty ugly.  The Srixon Z-star driver was working and so was the Bettinardi center shafted putter but everything in between truly sucked.  Took a day off, had to get the harley from the shop after putting on new tires and going thru a preseason full service plus doing a little riding.  Friday almost broke 80 and today shooting my cap (14.2). Playing with my buddies, skins .50 cents a hole with carry overs and kicked their asses.  

Hoping this is just the beginning of a great season on the course.  Well, between riding and golfing it will be a great season.  God, life is great being retired at 57.

Fkkkk U for being retired at 57  bounce 
    Congrats... Enjoy yours
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Phucking weather. Yesterday at tee off it was 30 degrees, sunny and no wind. Bearable when we finished had gone up to 34 and cloudy. Horseshit game for a horseshit day. Today, have 8 inches of snow could possibly be up to 13 inches. 6 days will be 70. Minnesota in the spring.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 am

jt1135 wrote:Phucking weather.  Yesterday at tee off it was 30 degrees, sunny and no wind.  Bearable when we finished had gone up to 34 and cloudy.  Horseshit game for a horseshit day.  Today, have 8 inches of snow could possibly be up to 13 inches.  6 days will be 70.  Minnesota in the spring.

Minnesota is only good for summer  bounce bounce bounce 
    I had a project with a Prof at UoM few yrs back, one time I went to visit him in early Oct and it was damn cold... sorry, not for me
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Got an issue going here guys and looking for suggestions.

Last three times went out on the front and had a hell of a time to break fifty. Made the turn, cracked a beer and drank the whole back nine and all of a sudden I'm 10 to 13 strokes better.

WTF?????
    rooteen
    rooteen

Post  rooteen Mon May 05, 2014 3:35 am

jt1135 wrote:Got an issue going here guys and looking for suggestions.  

Last three times went out on the front and had a hell of a time to break fifty.  Made the turn, cracked a beer and drank the whole back nine and all of a sudden I'm 10 to 13 strokes better.

WTF?????

Reminds me of my next door neighbour many moons ago. He played off a 4 handicap, and as soon as winter hit his pre game warm up was to slam two rum n cokes down then head to the first tee. I tried it once, think it caused my first air swing in a comp  Embarassed 
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon May 05, 2014 6:28 am

Last three times went out on the front and had a hell of a time to break fifty.  Made the turn, cracked a beer and drank the whole back nine and all of a sudden I'm 10 to 13 strokes better.

WTF?????

Jt... perhaps you say to yourself "WTF.... what do I have to lose" when you drink beer , and that may have helped you more relax, less tense in your fưưưkkkkkììnnnng swing  Laughing Laughing Laughing 
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon May 05, 2014 11:53 pm

WTF?????

You have to wonder if you started drinking during your warm up, would you have broken 80?

Seriously,  it's  the 5" between  your ears. Sometimes alcohol helps, to a piont.  Your best,  minus those 5" getting in the way, should be without influence of alcohol.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Tue May 06, 2014 2:22 am

WTF?????

jt you answered your own question mate. Start drinking on the 1st tee and carry on drinking the whole 18. You have scientific proof having done it the last three times out. Three times in a row represents a GR certified scientific sample.  Wink 

Seriously my last two rounds were very similar. Barely broke 50 on the front 9 but only about 3 or 4 over on the back. No alcohol involved in my case. Just figured out a couple of things in my swing and started making a few putts. But your method sounds like more fun.  drunken 
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Tue May 06, 2014 7:42 pm

4 out of 4
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Didn't play bad today shot 2 under my cap in league.

Saw a couple of shots today. Which is more impressive? A 60 year old eagling a 525 par five or a 78 year old birdeing the same hole from 470?

I'll go with the old guy. Played with him for the last 4 years at least once a week and I can say he hasn't had a two hundred yard drive since I've known him. He shot a 39 today on the front. Tip of the cap to him!!!!!!

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:25 am

jt1135 wrote:Didn't play bad today shot 2 under my cap in league.  

Saw a couple of shots today.  Which is more impressive?  A 60 year old eagling a 525 par five or a 78 year old birdeing the same hole from 470?

I'll go with the old guy.  Played with him for the last 4 years at least once a week and I can say he hasn't had a two hundred yard drive since I've known him.   He shot a 39 today on the front.  Tip of the cap to him!!!!!!

I'd say it's the 78 year old as well. I know many 60 year olds who can still kill the ball. Although eagling a 525 yard hole is impressive for anyone. Was the eagle a hole out or green in two? A green in two is legit.

I've got some really good stuff going on in the next couple weeks.

This Fri-Sat, I'm playing in the member guest of a really nice course. Probably the third best cc in Cincinnati (out of a couple dozen). Certainly better than the SPCC. Feeling good about our chances as well. I'm carrying a 5.5 which is 3.5 shots higher than the beginning of the year. Yes, I've played poorly enough to earn that rise in cap, but I'm over the hump. My last 3 rounds are closer to my style of golf, which does well in these types of comps. I'm normally a guy who makes birdies and bogeys, not a string of pars. I just wasn't making birdies earlier, which had a lot to do with my par 5 play. Seems I'm back to normal. My partner and I normally play straight up, and it turns out he's carrying a 7.

Then on June 23rd, I've got an expense paid trip up to Columbus to play Muirfield. This includes drinks, caddies, lunch, dinner, tournament prizes, and transportation. Being in Cinci, I've been up to watch the Memorial several times and have been itching to play the course. The pros beat it up, but to my golfer's eye, it looks like a SOB. I'm sure the tourney won't play the pro tees, and I don't think I'd want to.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:33 pm

The member-guest was a blast. Our day 1 total had us solidly in 2nd place in our flight, and we went 2-0-1 collecting 17.5 points.

I started putting pretty terribly for the last 5 or so holes on our 3rd match, yet we still won the match. My partner played decently on holes where I did not. Classic ham and egg situation. I had 5 birdies out of the first 27 holes and my partner had 3.

We went out pretty hard on Friday. I remember tequila shots vaguely. Felt pretty awful on Saturday.

On Saturday, I completely lost it with the putter and my partner lost it on everything else. We got beat 6.5 - 3.5 in the morning match, where one of our opponents didn't even finish half the holes. I wasn't hitting it great, but I still hit probably 5 or 6 greens and was never stymied off the tee. It was so strange to just lose all touch. I couldn't get either speed or line remotely close. That match effectively ended our bid.

The afternoon match was the same as the morning, but I actually hit the ball great. Putted terribly. I'm talking multiple 3 putts from inside 15 feet. Another 6.5 - 3.5 loss. Finished T3 in our flight out of 6 and lost all side bets.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am