The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

Guys/Girls/AC-DC...

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Guys/Girls/AC-DC... Empty Guys/Girls/AC-DC...

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm

what is the difference between these models
    Thanks

[img]Guys/Girls/AC-DC... T2ec1610[/img]

[img]Guys/Girls/AC-DC... T2ec1611[/img]

maybe the angle when pix were taken that made them look difference
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Guys/Girls/AC-DC... Empty Re: Guys/Girls/AC-DC...

Post  FamousDavis Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Pky6471 wrote:what is the difference between these models
    Thanks

[img]Guys/Girls/AC-DC... T2ec1610[/img]

[img]Guys/Girls/AC-DC... T2ec1611[/img]

maybe the angle when pix were taken that made them look difference

One is a cavity back and the other is a blade.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:39 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    One is a cavity back and the other is a blade.

Gơod try FD... now U could go back and suck your thumb Laughing
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Then I don't know what your asking because obviously they are different. The CB3 set normally has cavity backed long irons and blade short irons. Um, let's see, they are both made by Cobra.

One has wood in the background and the other has leather...is that what you're getting at?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:21 pm

FamousDavis wrote:Then I don't know what your asking because obviously they are different. The CB3 set normally has cavity backed long irons and blade short irons. Um, let's see, they are both made by Cobra.

One has wood in the background and the other has leather...is that what you're getting at?

they lơok different but why they are both called Cobra S3 Pro? I think they are the same but due to the angle of pix they lơok different?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

They are both 7 irons so they are different heads. The one on the bottom does not have an upper cavity and appears to have a satin finish while the top one has an upper cavity with a bright chrome finish. I suspect that the bottom one is a "Tour" model played by the better sponsored pro ball-strikers like Poulter and Ogilvy (?) and that the top one is what is sold at retail. Just an uneducated guess. They are both real nice looking heads.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks FD and Mongrel... now I am convinced that they are different ... I was confused that they have the same name but lơơk different... I like the lơơk of the bottom one... I think I could handle its 7i to PW Mad
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:12 pm

You can order the Cobra s3 pro in a combo set, or cavity back set, or all muscle back set like Ricky Fowler was using last year. They typically come in a combo set with dg s300 shafts.
    I see red paint fill on one, somebody got into the old lady's nail polish.

It's hard to see if that's a satin finish on the one, as a flash would cause that. They only come in a beautiful satin finish.

Op has a cavity back set, and a set of combos. I have a combo set. Love em. Unbelievable
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Pky6471 wrote:Thanks FD and Mongrel... now I am convinced that they are different ... I was confused that they have the same name but lơơk different... I like the lơơk of the bottom one... I think I could handle its 7i to PW Mad

The comical thing about the s3 pro is there more GI than they appear. They have a near perfect amount of offset to please the 12 handicap or not enough to offend the scratch player.
    Whoever does the forged blanks for these guys are good.'you know Puma bought them.
    The topline is just right.
    The size looks small, as there beautiful.
    When you combine these things you create a softness that's hard to explain. Forged perfection.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 pm

12pierogi wrote:
    The comical thing about the s3 pro is there more GI than they appear. They have a near perfect amount of offset to please the 12 handicap or not enough to offend the scratch player.
    Whoever does the forged blanks for these guys are good.'you know Puma bought them.
    When you combine these things you create a softness that's hard to explain. Forged perfection.

I like the combo set but I think S-flex steel shaft is too much for an old man... R-flex lite wt (less than 80g)steel shaft would be OK for me... I don't even carry a 5i in my bag and I am proud of that Razz
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Pky6471 wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:

I like the combo set but I think S-flex steel shaft is too much for an old man... R-flex lite wt (less than 80g)steel shaft would be OK for me... I don't even carry a 5i in my bag and I am proud of that Razz

Oh you would want to bag the 5 iron and you would like it to. It's very nice. I like bagging the 3 iron, it's da bomb. They came in r300 also, but not many of those out there yet. Op has 2 sets with r300. Mine are a mish mash of KBS tour stiff in pw-7 KBS reg in 5,6. TT Monaco stiff in 3.Guys/Girls/AC-DC... F272E78B-CEB4-4552-9E3D-8258E6EB715A-1002-00000199AE3C3034_zps96b876e7

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm