The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

ProForce V2 R-flex 66g

Pky6471
    Pky6471

ProForce V2 R-flex 66g Empty ProForce V2 R-flex 66g

Post  Pky6471 Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:43 am

Anyone uses this model in gaybrid?
    Mongrel and all Pros out there... as I mentioned, couple wks ago one guy broke his 4W at the head so he gave this shaft to me. He told me he extracted from a driver and installed to his 4W and cut at butt end for 4W length. I tend to hit everything high, I hit my Adams Tech OS gaybrid extremely well (OEM graphic Design gaybrid shaft)except I think it went higher than I would like to see. I wonder if I could reuse this ProForce V2 shaft and bring its trajectory down... why? stupid R&D mentality.

Thanks guys/girls/AC-DC
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

ProForce V2 R-flex 66g Empty Re: ProForce V2 R-flex 66g

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 am

That V2 might work in your hybrid but it was designed as a driver shaft. I had that exact same shaft in my 907 D2 10.5 inserted all the way and hit some of my best drives ever with it. Now UST Mamiya makes V2 hybrid shafts and I have a bunch of those including one regular flex that is currently in a Cobra Baffler 20*. I've had the stiff flexes of the same shaft in both Cobra hybrid heads. I got the shafts for $2.97 each at Golf Galaxy brand new uncut so WTF might as well experiment. I've gotten some amazing hits with those hybrids both with the stock Aldila NV HL shafts and the V2's. The V2 should definitely go lower but might feel a bit stiff to you. Depending on what your guy will charge you to stick that driver shaft in your hybrid, keep in mind that the V2 hybrid shaft costs only about $29 brand new and it is designed to do the job from the drawing board.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:47 am

Mostly German wrote:That V2 might work in your hybrid but it was designed as a driver shaft. I had that exact same shaft in my 907 D2 10.5 inserted all the way and hit some of my best drives ever with it. Now UST Mamiya makes V2 hybrid shafts and I have a bunch of those including one regular flex that is currently in a Cobra Baffler 20*. I've had the stiff flexes of the same shaft in both Cobra hybrid heads. I got the shafts for $2.97 each at Golf Galaxy brand new uncut so WTF might as well experiment. I've gotten some amazing hits with those hybrids both with the stock Aldila NV HL shafts and the V2's. The V2 should definitely go lower but might feel a bit stiff to you. Depending on what your guy will charge you to stick that driver shaft in your hybrid, keep in mind that the V2 hybrid shaft costs only about $29 brand new and it is designed to do the job from the drawing board.

Got it... Thanks Mongrel
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Had to take my mom up to the eye doctor and had a few minutes to burn so went to the austads golf store. Like GG and GS but a smaller chain. Picked up a set of Hogan Apex Plus with the apex 4 shafts and barely used grips for an even hundred. Would rate them about an 8. Been looking at these for a couple of months so be interesting to see how they work when the snow leaves. I just despise hitting irons off of mats so didn't swing em in their booth plus time was limited. Couple of people ahead of me waiting to hit. So who on this site has played these? Anybody know where they were forged at? Not that it matters just curious.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:33 pm

jt1135 wrote:Had to take my mom up to the eye doctor and had a few minutes to burn so went to the austads golf store. Like GG and GS but a smaller chain. Picked up a set of Hogan Apex Plus with the apex 4 shafts and barely used grips for an even hundred. Would rate them about an 8. Been looking at these for a couple of months so be interesting to see how they work when the snow leaves. I just despise hitting irons off of mats so didn't swing em in their booth plus time was limited. Couple of people ahead of me waiting to hit. So who on this site has played these? Anybody know where they were forged at? Not that it matters just curious.

Oops. Had a rectal cranial inversions. supposed to be in the club ho'ing section.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Doesn't matter since it will get read anyway. After reading your original, I did some snooping around and found out that those Hogans might have been forged by the ninjas if they were made in the late eighties to maybe ninety two or so. Good price for them nonetheless.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Mostly German wrote:Doesn't matter since it will get read anyway. After reading your original, I did some snooping around and found out that those Hogans might have been forged by the ninjas if they were made in the late eighties to maybe ninety two or so. Good price for them nonetheless.

After doing some research, this set was made mid 90's to early 2000's. Doesn't matter.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:Doesn't matter since it will get read anyway. After reading your original, I did some snooping around and found out that those Hogans might have been forged by the ninjas if they were made in the late eighties to maybe ninety two or so. Good price for them nonetheless.

After doing some research, this set was made mid 90's to early 2000's. Doesn't matter.

Says Spaulding on the shaft labels so they are at least pre-callaway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 pm