The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Share
    avatar
    tonyj5

    Posts : 485
    Join date : 2012-12-06
    Location : New Jersey

    Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  tonyj5 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 pm

    A year ago at this time Yani Tseng's lead as the world's #1 player was so large, it appeared it would be a number of years before anyone could possibly catch her. No one could possibly have predicted she would lose it this quickly. Not that Yani didn't have a great run. She did spend 109 weeks at the top, but her inability to find the winner's circle while Stacy has won 6 more times, has led to an unlikely turnaround.

    For full story:

    http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/03/stacy-lewis-moves-to-1-in-world.html

    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  Horseballs on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:31 pm

    Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?
    avatar
    tonyj5

    Posts : 485
    Join date : 2012-12-06
    Location : New Jersey

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  tonyj5 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:00 pm

    Horseballs wrote:Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

    Maybe we should be asking...who is horseballs?
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  Horseballs on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:15 pm

    tonyj5 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

    Maybe we should be asking...who is horseballs?
    I don't know where I stand in the world rankings.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  FamousDavis on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm

    Horseballs wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

    Maybe we should be asking...who is horseballs?
    I don't know where I stand in the world rankings.


    lol! Laughing Laughing

    avatar
    tonyj5

    Posts : 485
    Join date : 2012-12-06
    Location : New Jersey

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  tonyj5 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:21 pm

    Horseballs wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

    Maybe we should be asking...who is horseballs?
    I don't know where I stand in the world rankings.

    I think you rank just below asshole.
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  Horseballs on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm

    tonyj5 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

    Maybe we should be asking...who is horseballs?
    I don't know where I stand in the world rankings.

    I think you rank just below asshole.
    That's cool. Anything I rank above? Trying to get some context here...
    avatar
    JonT

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-07

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  JonT on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am

    I watched the final round off the dvr last night; that was one of the better matches I've seen in a while, PGA, LPGA or othewise. Lewis and Miyazato both played strong going to the 17th hole before Miyazato had one bad shot that really got worse on every roll once it landed on the ground; a bit unlucky. Lewis made a birdie putt after a approach from a fairway bunker to make a three shot swing. Great golf.

    For women's golf, I think Lewis is the real deal for a world #1 ranking; she's talented with great shotmaking, but her competitive nature really sets her apart. I don't think there is many pro's that can make the putts/shots she has done, and continues to do, to win under pressure with such cool, she truly has a killer instinct. The way she chased down Miyazato making great shots and birdie putts was impressive.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  FamousDavis on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am

    JonT wrote:I watched the final round off the dvr last night; that was one of the better matches I've seen in a while, PGA, LPGA or othewise. Lewis and Miyazato both played strong going to the 17th hole before Miyazato had one bad shot that really got worse on every roll once it landed on the ground; a bit unlucky. Lewis made a birdie putt after a approach from a fairway bunker to make a three shot swing. Great golf.

    For women's golf, I think Lewis is the real deal for a world #1 ranking; she's talented with great shotmaking, but her competitive nature really sets her apart. I don't think there is many pro's that can make the putts/shots she has done, and continues to do, to win under pressure with such cool, she truly has a killer instinct. The way she chased down Miyazato making great shots and birdie putts was impressive.

    I miss Lorena Ochoa and Annika Sorenstam. They were both very clean looking and a pleasure to watch. I always thought Lorena had a nice figure. Annika was great to watch because she made it look so easy.
    avatar
    JonT

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-07

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  JonT on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:53 am

    FamousDavis wrote:
    JonT wrote:I watched the final round off the dvr last night; that was one of the better matches I've seen in a while, PGA, LPGA or othewise. Lewis and Miyazato both played strong going to the 17th hole before Miyazato had one bad shot that really got worse on every roll once it landed on the ground; a bit unlucky. Lewis made a birdie putt after a approach from a fairway bunker to make a three shot swing. Great golf.

    For women's golf, I think Lewis is the real deal for a world #1 ranking; she's talented with great shotmaking, but her competitive nature really sets her apart. I don't think there is many pro's that can make the putts/shots she has done, and continues to do, to win under pressure with such cool, she truly has a killer instinct. The way she chased down Miyazato making great shots and birdie putts was impressive.

    I miss Lorena Ochoa and Annika Sorenstam. They were both very clean looking and a pleasure to watch. I always thought Lorena had a nice figure. Annika was great to watch because she made it look so easy.

    My son works for a large firm which sponsored, in part, an LPGA tournament; one of the partners of the firm, who plays scratch golf, was playing the pro-am in front of a group that had this Mexican girl (he had no clue who she was) who's drives were rolling up behind them as he was walking to the green from his 280 yard drives. He estimated she was driving 300 yards or more. It was Ochoa.
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 836
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  Pky6471 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:58 pm

    JonT wrote:My son works for a large firm which sponsored, in part, an LPGA tournament; one of the partners of the firm, who plays scratch golf, was playing the pro-am in front of a group that had this Mexican girl (he had no clue who she was) who's drives were rolling up behind them as he was walking to the green from his 280 yard drives. He estimated she was driving 300 yards or more. It was Ochoa.

    We went to watch LPGA tourney a few yrs ago at BulleRock (Maryland) where I bought my straw hat on the left, we followed Ochoa and Wie for 2 yrs at that Tourney (used to play at DuPont CC)... Wie out drove Ochoa EVERY TIME... except Wie did not know how to putt... and still does not know how... Last time I saw Wie bent almost 90* to putt, and golf Pros state "that's the sign of desperation..." Mad

    [img][/img]

    Sponsored content

    Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:47 am