The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+6
Pky6471
FreakOfNature
Horseballs
Mongrel
FamousDavis
Riverologist
10 posters

Change over of clubs - Adams Black CB-3 forged.

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Change over of clubs - Adams Black CB-3 forged.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Change over of clubs - Adams Black CB-3 forged.

Post  Horseballs Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Player wrote:You gotta be shttin me FD. The early DCIs are the purest feeling cast clubs ever made. So solid when flushed, and pure ball flight. Not overly forgiving, but not too bad. Im yet to find anything to knock mine out of the bag.
    My first set of brand name irons were the DCI O+ circa 1995. I remember going up a full club from my old POS Arnold Palmers.
    Player
    Player

Change over of clubs - Adams Black CB-3 forged.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Change over of clubs - Adams Black CB-3 forged.

Post  Player Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Player wrote:You gotta be shttin me FD. The early DCIs are the purest feeling cast clubs ever made. So solid when flushed, and pure ball flight. Not overly forgiving, but not too bad. Im yet to find anything to knock mine out of the bag.
    My first set of brand name irons were the DCI O+ circa 1995. I remember going up a full club from my old POS Arnold Palmers.
    I remember those PHD Palmer clubs from the.mid 90s. Awful clubs, just terrible. I remember hitting some in a net next to dci 962 and it was night amd day. I was too cheap to pay retail for tje 962s but in hindsight it would have saved me a ton of money over the long run. I went through a lot of clubs before getting my hands on the dci golds. I would probably still jave the 962s in the bag if I had bought them.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Player wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    I remember those PHD Palmer clubs from the.mid 90s. Awful clubs, just terrible. I remember hitting some in a net next to dci 962 and it was night amd day. I was too cheap to pay retail for tje 962s but in hindsight it would have saved me a ton of money over the long run. I went through a lot of clubs before getting my hands on the dci golds. I would probably still jave the 962s in the bag if I had bought them.

The DCI Oversize + was a horrible looking iron. Tons of offset and a very longish clubhead. One of the best irons I've ever hit was the Titleist DCI 962b irons with R300 shafts. Wonderful feel and one of the smallest clubheads I've ever seen. Virtually no offset but they had great feel and good distance. Expensive too...back in 1998 I believe they cost around $799.

One of my all time favorites is the Titleist 990 with Dynamic Golf S300. I've had some of my best rounds with those irons.

There once was a guy on here named NAH who also praised the 990 irons. I seriously doubt he could hit them. From what I understood he played a lot of goat tracks with Powerbilt paddles.

I think it's time for a Fresca. Maybe a Diet Squirt.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm