The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Club Ho'ing

FamousDavis
    Admin

Re: Club Ho'ing

Post  FamousDavis on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm interested to see if anyone has played or had a chance to demo the following irons:

Cleveland TA7 with Sensicore Stiff. I saw a good condition set for $99. Hit them in the simulator and they feel great with decent distance. I actually like the look at address. A little offset but not too much, smaller shaped head.

Adams CB3 with KBS Tour 90 shafts. I can pick up a set of 4-PW,GW for $270. One of the best feeling and longest clubs I've hit in the simulator.

Nike VR Pro Cavity with Dynalite Gold 105 Stiff shafts. This shaft feels perfect in the simulator. Nice looking heads as well. This is NOT the forged combo or forged cavity back set. It's called the Pro Cavity.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I'm interested to see if anyone has played or had a chance to demo the following irons:

Cleveland TA7 with Sensicore Stiff. I saw a good condition set for $99. Hit them in the simulator and they feel great with decent distance. I actually like the look at address. A little offset but not too much, smaller shaped head.

Adams CB3 with KBS Tour 90 shafts. I can pick up a set of 4-PW,GW for $270. One of the best feeling and longest clubs I've hit in the simulator.

Nike VR Pro Cavity with Dynalite Gold 105 Stiff shafts. This shaft feels perfect in the simulator. Nice looking heads as well. This is NOT the forged combo or forged cavity back set. It's called the Pro Cavity.

Last weekend I hit some sort of newish looking Adams forged irons in the local GG simulator. Not sure if they were CB3's but they had the KBS Tour 90 shafts in stiff. I hit the wedge and 7 and they felt great to me. Small good looking heads that were sort of gun-metal colored. The shafts felt a lot smoother and a bit more flexile than DG S300's. This set (3-PW) was priced around $275.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 am

Mostly German wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:I'm interested to see if anyone has played or had a chance to demo the following irons:

Last weekend I hit some sort of newish looking Adams forged irons in the local GG simulator. Not sure if they were CB3's but they had the KBS Tour 90 shafts in stiff. I hit the wedge and 7 and they felt great to me. Small good looking heads that were sort of gun-metal colored. The shafts felt a lot smoother and a bit more flexile than DG S300's. This set (3-PW) was priced around $275.

They could have been the CB1, CB2, CB3 or the A12 Pro Forged, although I believe the CB1 came stock with Project X shafts.
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:51 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Olderplayer wrote:I won't use S300's any more either. Rifle 5.5, all the nippons are fine and I still like R300 but the stiff dynamic golds just feel too harsh now and I guess I can't load them properly.
    You should check out my current listing for a set of Golden Ram Tom Watson blades 2-sw FD. With originally installed R400 shafts.

Yeah, I think the s300 is a bit much for me. Today I tried a few more clubs on both the range and simulator:

Taylormade 300 irons with Precision Rifle 6.0: Hey, these are pretty darn nice. Great feeling club. A bit short

I think mine are standard loft and a little flat, there loft for loft long as anything, I'm no long hitter but I can crank one 175 nearly on a hard swing 7 iron. 150ish to 160 is its function 80% swing and all.
    Play a set of those for a month and anything else is second fiddle, if your a good ball striker. If not look elsewhere.

You'll be hooked on the feel and the ability to feel the slightest miss, and still have a ball right there with all your buddy's in awe.

Butter his are rewarded with flag hunting like not many other irons I've hit. I love the long irons off the tees when I have to be in the fairway I've hit some 4 irons 210-220 as my 3 sits at home.

Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:10 pm

For those that have tried the Titty 710 MB, what are your thoughts? I see a set on Ebay. They look like a nice MB. I have never hit a Titleist Iron.

Last edited by Golfaholic on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Golfaholic wrote:For those that have tried the Titty 710 MB, what are your thoughts? I see a set on Ebay. They look like a nice MB. I have never hit a Titleist Iron.

If you repeatedly hit the ball before the turf and make face impact patterns no larger than a quarter, you'll really like them. If your ball-striking is not quite at that level, the AP-2's are mightly fine forged irons.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Wilson Pi-7 Irons

Post  FamousDavis on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Today my buddy and I played a very difficult course at 6,700 yards and close to freezing in the morning. After a one hour frost delay we tee'd off. The course was playing extremely long and I struggled on the front with the MP-32 irons. I had three doubles and shot 44, one of my worst nines in awhile. I then went back to my car and swapped the MP-32s for the Wilson Pi-7 irons w/Dynamic Gold S300 shafts, 3-PW.

I hit driver then hybrid to the 10th and doubled it. I then bogeyed the next hole. So now I'm 11 over par. On the 14th hole I hit a 195 yard 3 iron to 5 feet and made birdie. On the 16th I hit a 7 iron to 10 feet and made birdie and on the 18th I hit a 185 yard 5 iron to 6 inches and made birdie. 3 birdies on the back nine for a score of 80. I thought the 5 iron shot was gonna' role into the hole.

The Wilson Pi-7 irons are long and feel great. Very little offset, if any. For whatever reason, Dynamic Gold S300 shafts tend to be a bit stout feeling with some heads but with others they feel just right. The 3 iron I hit 195 yards to 5 feet from the pin was one of the best shots I've hit in several years.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 pm

I find myself going back and forth between the desire for forged, low-offset irons and game improvement irons. I played pretty well yesterday with the Wilson Pi-7 irons but I have to say I was taken aback by their weight and stiff flex. Now entering my mid 40's, it's become obvious that I do best with a light-weight stiff or mid-stiff shaft like Dynalite XP, Dynalite Gold or Rifle shafts.

When I took the Pi7 irons with DGS 300 shafts to the range I got tired very quickly. They are simply too heavy and too stout for me to enjoy for any length of time. I may spend the money and replace the shafts. I have another set of clubs with Dynalite Gold S300 shafts and may ask a clubfitter to simply swap them. Who am I kidding? I'm too cheap to do that.

Here are the pseudo-game improvement sticks I'm contemplating an impending acquisition:

Mizuno JPX-825 irons. Just saw a set on 3balls for $429. Not bad.

Cobra AMP irons (non forged)

Ping i20

I did look at a set of super game improvement irons at Golf Galaxy. Cobra SZ irons with Nippon 1030H Stiff shafts. Man, they felt great in the simulator. Ugly as sin at address. Decent distance.

This message is for PKY.... You said you wished you hadn't gotten rid of your Adams A4 irons. Funny, but I saw a set in regular flex at 3balls.com for $119 in Very Good condition, meaning they are indeed very good or like new. Just FYI
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm

FamousDavis wrote:This message is for PKY.... You said you wished you hadn't gotten rid of your Adams A4 irons. Funny, but I saw a set in regular flex at 3balls.com for $119 in Very Good condition, meaning they are indeed very good or like new. Just FYI

Thanks FD... R-flex graphite or R-flex steel? steel shaft is too heavy for me to get SS that I want. Well, too late now, I am enjoying the Cobra S2 set, strong loft and yet PLENTY of height
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:This message is for PKY.... You said you wished you hadn't gotten rid of your Adams A4 irons. Funny, but I saw a set in regular flex at 3balls.com for $119 in Very Good condition, meaning they are indeed very good or like new. Just FYI

Thanks FD... R-flex graphite or R-flex steel? steel shaft is too heavy for me to get SS that I want. Well, too late now, I am enjoying the Cobra S2 set, strong loft and yet PLENTY of height

I was at GG the other day and saw a like new set of Cobra SZ irons, 4-PW & GW with Nippon 1030H Stiffs for $107. They felt good but damn if they ain't uglier than a shaved goat.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm

I found out earlier today that Callaway will be replacing that hybrid that broke.
    People always rave about Callaway's customer service. It's always been my contention that they'd better have great service if they keep cranking out shitty products. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should be mad at them for producing a POS club that caves in when it's cold, or happy with them that are replacing the club.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:

I was at GG the other day and saw a like new set of Cobra SZ irons, 4-PW & GW with Nippon 1030H Stiffs for $107. They felt good but damn if they ain't uglier than a shaved goat.

Ugly but they have gotten some rave reviews.
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I find myself going back and forth between the desire for forged, low-offset irons and game improvement irons. I played pretty well yesterday with the Wilson Pi-7 irons but I have to say I was taken aback by their weight and stiff flex. Now entering my mid 40's, it's become obvious that I do best with a light-weight stiff or mid-stiff shaft like Dynalite XP, Dynalite Gold or Rifle shafts.

When I took the Pi7 irons with DGS 300 shafts to the range I got tired very quickly. They are simply too heavy and too stout for me to enjoy for any length of time. I may spend the money and replace the shafts. I have another set of clubs with Dynalite Gold S300 shafts and may ask a clubfitter to simply swap them. Who am I kidding? I'm too cheap to do that.

Here are the pseudo-game improvement sticks I'm contemplating an impending acquisition:

Ping i20

I did look at a set of super game improvement irons at Golf Galaxy. Cobra SZ irons with Nippon 1030H Stiff shafts. Man, they felt great in the simulator. Ugly as sin at address. Decent distance.

This message is for PKY.... You said you wished you hadn't gotten rid of your Adams A4 irons. Funny, but I saw a set in regular flex at 3balls.com for $119 in Very Good condition, meaning they are indeed very good or like new. Just FYI
    FD being more than a decade older than you I have been through the change in shaft issue. At your age I was still hitting and loading s300 fine but I do have quite a quick transition. I have tried many lightweight shafts in the last few years and while I can hit them all ok the feel and performance is not always the best. The very light ones like nippon 950gh and true temper tx90 tend to have too higher ballflight although the feel is very smooth. The rifles are in the 110gm range so inbetween s3oo at 124 and the 90gm examples and they are great feeling shafts that to me are quite stable and play a little soft to flex in that they are easy to load. I just don't get on with px or kbs; must be the bend profile does not suit me.
    In the end I have come to the conclusion that the best performing shaft for me in the DGR300. What I am saying is the weight (same as s300) works best for me but having a flex softer that I can load properly. My shots with these feel crisp, with a very good mid trajectory and dispertion is very good. The R300 is a common or garden shaft but for me has definitely the best results. This could possibly change as my strength and swingspeed become less in the future. Currently swing a 5 iron in the mid 80's and driver in the high 90's.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Olderplayer wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:I find myself going back and forth between the desire for forged, low-offset irons and game improvement irons. I played pretty well yesterday with the Wilson Pi-7 irons but I have to say I was taken aback by their weight and stiff flex. Now entering my mid 40's, it's become obvious that I do best with a light-weight stiff or mid-stiff shaft like Dynalite XP, Dynalite Gold or Rifle shafts.

Ping i20

FD being more than a decade older than you I have been through the change in shaft issue. At your age I was still hitting and loading s300 fine but I do have quite a quick transition. I have tried many lightweight shafts in the last few years and while I can hit them all ok the feel and performance is not always the best. The very light ones like nippon 950gh and true temper tx90 tend to have too higher ballflight although the feel is very smooth. The rifles are in the 110gm range so inbetween s3oo at 124 and the 90gm examples and they are great feeling shafts that to me are quite stable and play a little soft to flex in that they are easy to load. I just don't get on with px or kbs; must be the bend profile does not suit me.
    In the end I have come to the conclusion that the best performing shaft for me in the DGR300. What I am saying is the weight (same as s300) works best for me but having a flex softer that I can load properly. My shots with these feel crisp, with a very good mid trajectory and dispertion is very good. The R300 is a common or garden shaft but for me has definitely the best results. This could possibly change as my strength and swingspeed become less in the future. Currently swing a 5 iron in the mid 80's and driver in the high 90's.

I don't like Project X, Nippon 950GH, TX 90 either. I stay away from the 950GH like the plague. I also like the DG R300 shafts but my experience with them is that I hit them way too high and I lose distance. I must admit, I really like the Nippon 1030H shafts that came with the Cobra S3 irons and those are the same shafts I saw that came with the Cobra SZ irons going for $107 at golf galaxy.

Well, I returned the Wilson Pi7 irons and I am going to do an experiment with graphite. I've never really played graphite shafts before, with the exception of some Ping i3 irons that I absolutely hated.

So, as part of the experiment, for $69 I am now the proud owner of a set of Callaway X-14 Steelhead irons with Callaway RCH Grahpite Regular flex shafts. This should lighten the load on my shoulders and arms and allow me to play without getting as fatigued. Plus, for whatever reason, they seem to fit my swing. I was hitting the 7 iron 165 yards in the simulator. Much longer than what it normally records and reveals on the screen for a 7 iron. The feel is awesome. I've always like the X-14 model. My stepfather plays them and he's a 2 handicap.

The downside of these irons will be when my swing gets too quick. You must take a relaxed swing for them to work. That's not saying you can't go after it but you definitely need to pause at the top and allow your backswing to finish before starting the downswing.

When you hit the X-14 graphites solid, it's like hot butter on my breakfast toast. Even Big Bank Hank knows 'dat! Word up.
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm

So why did you give up those X20's ???
    JonT

Post  JonT on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Ping i20

If you are still loading, and like the S300's I would consider the zz65's in a set of Pings (you know you want another set anyway). The zz65's are almost an identical profile but 20 grams lighter; after ho'ing the S59's, i believe weight more (but not excluding) flex is the deal breaker for me in shafts. At 108 grams these are slightly stiffer than S300's but my swing speed has increased without sacrificing dispersion, and I don't notice the flex as inhibiting. I hit the S59's the other day along with my old Arnold Palmer Standards which have hard stepped R300's, and the lighter weight zz65's despite being at least a whole flex stiffer were better in distance and accuracy (both being blades with similar lofts, and so much easier to swing after an hours worth of ball striking. I know that if I keep the S59's, the zz65's will need to be soft stepped at least once for me to load them properly, but then again I am a ho, and not limited to one set of irons. Therefore I have experimented with the I20's with CFS shafts which are the heir apparent to zz65's.

The CFS shafts work really well with the I20 head; the 1st thing I noticed about the I20 head is it is a low spin head; it seems to fly more like a driver than a high spinning iron head; the flight is boring and progressively rising to a high apex and dropping vertically on to the target. Oh yes, it feels great too. The CFS regular with this head would work for me, although, I might go stiff soft-stepped in this as well.

Although I like my graphite Penley shafted (86 grams, comp ez's, and have had good results, the biggest problem I have with any shafts under 100 grams is with short irons (especially on chips and pitches), and losing tempo. My .02
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:39 pm

JonT wrote:

Ping i20

If you are still loading, and like the S300's I would consider the zz65's in a set of Pings (you know you want another set anyway). The zz65's are almost an identical profile but 20 grams lighter; after ho'ing the S59's, i believe weight more (but not excluding) flex is the deal breaker for me in shafts. At 108 grams these are slightly stiffer than S300's but my swing speed has increased without sacrificing dispersion, and I don't notice the flex as inhibiting. I hit the S59's the other day along with my old Arnold Palmer Standards which have hard stepped R300's, and the lighter weight zz65's despite being at least a whole flex stiffer were better in distance and accuracy (both being blades with similar lofts, and so much easier to swing after an hours worth of ball striking. I know that if I keep the S59's, the zz65's will need to be soft stepped at least once for me to load them properly, but then again I am a ho, and not limited to one set of irons. Therefore I have experimented with the I20's with CFS shafts which are the heir apparent to zz65's.

The CFS shafts work really well with the I20 head; the 1st thing I noticed about the I20 head is it is a low spin head; it seems to fly more like a driver than a high spinning iron head; the flight is boring and progressively rising to a high apex and dropping vertically on to the target. Oh yes, it feels great too. The CFS regular with this head would work for me, although, I might go stiff soft-stepped in this as well.

Although I like my graphite Penley shafted (86 grams, comp ez's, and have had good results, the biggest problem I have with any shafts under 100 grams is with short irons (especially on chips and pitches), and losing tempo. My .02

For me, the Z-Z65 only feels right with the Ping S59 irons. I've tried them in the Ping i15, Ping i3 and Ping i10 and they didn't work for me at all. I agree with your assessment of the Ping i20 and CFS shafts. They feel wonderful and distance is huge. However, I do NOT like the way they look at address. Yes, they have minimal offset but at address it gives that squared-off appearance which I hate. I like for an iron to have a somewhat open look to it.

Well, the ho' in me never rests. I've got my eye on a set of TA-5 Gunmetal irons with Sensicore Stiff shafts, 3-PW with a Cleveland Gunmetal 900 52 gap wedge, all for $79. Tried 'em in the simulator and they were pretty darn long and accurate. Love the way they felt. Felt so soft in my hands I thought I was washing with Palmolive.

Salude
    JonT

Post  JonT on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 pm

I like the way you think, FD.

For my own part, I have two 909 D2's (different shafts, flexes, and lofts); a new set (5-GW) of Maltby forged MCC irons with DGSL R300; 6 new Penley ETA shafts of various weights and flex for drivers ($20 bucks for all), and a set of new Penley IMS 105 gram graphite iron shafts to test. The MCC's were $92 bucks shipped and have universal hosel bores that will accept both .355 TT, and .370 PT so as not to mess up the resale of a set of OEM's on my experiments.

I've heard some good reviews on the TA 5's, moreso than the other TA's (don't know what the differences are). I trust that you will give a full report;)
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 pm

JonT wrote:I like the way you think, FD.

For my own part, I have two 909 D2's (different shafts, flexes, and lofts); a new set (5-GW) of Maltby forged MCC irons with DGSL R300; 6 new Penley ETA shafts of various weights and flex for drivers ($20 bucks for all), and a set of new Penley IMS 105 gram graphite iron shafts to test. The MCC's were $92 bucks shipped and have universal hosel bores that will accept both .355 TT, and .370 PT so as not to mess up the resale of a set of OEM's on my experiments.

I've heard some good reviews on the TA 5's, moreso than the other TA's (don't know what the differences are). I trust that you will give a full report;)

That's a real steal on those Penley's. Isn't the ETA a real beast of a shaft?
    JonT

Post  JonT on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 am

Mostly German wrote:
    JonT wrote:I like the way you think, FD.

That's a real steal on those Penley's. Isn't the ETA a real beast of a shaft?

I am currently using a stiff ETA 55 in a Ping Rapture head, and it is stout but not unusable for my slow swing speed; again the lighter weight seems to make a difference. Among the ETA's I acquired is a regular 55, regular and stiff 75's; I have always liked the Stealth 70 I have in a Maltby CT 250 head despite it being an XS, it plays softer. The Penley's are stiff tip low torque shafts which I think is a feel that is subjectively "boardy" , but I have acquired a like for low torque, tip stiff shafts. Presently, I am on the lookout for heads to try them in side by side.
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:42 am

JonT wrote:

Ping i20

If you insist. Personally I haven't seen any Ping iron that I would consider a "blade." The S59 has a cavity back and a plastic insert, blades have neither. Really hard to accept anything you wrote after reading that.

BTW - most accomplished golfers don't repeat the marketing propaganda like Ping calling a cavity back club a blade.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 pm

I think Poe is being argumentative. The Ping S59 would be considered a blade by anyone who knows anything about today's club offerings. What the definition of "blade" means today is of course much different than what it meant 20 or 30 years ago. In the early 80's, just about every clubmaker out there had blades that were tiny and had a dime-sized sweetspot. Today, those types of irons basically no longer exist. Blades today are defined as the MP-32, RBZ Blades (which is truly a joke), Adams CBM and, of course, the gay blades you'll find in San Francisco.

So, all things considered, the Ping S59 definitely fits well within the subcategory currently referred to as "blades", simply because they have the same size, offset, loft and head shape as other clubs that are known as blades.

For further proof, look at putters today that are referred to as "blades". Now, a putter like the Ping Anser is in the category of "blades". 20 years ago, only a putter with a heel to toe design such as the Wilson 8802 or Nicklaus VIP would be considered a blade.

Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:21 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I think Poe is being argumentative. The Ping S59 would be considered a blade by anyone who knows anything about today's club offerings. What the definition of "blade" means today is of course much different than what it meant 20 or 30 years ago. In the early 80's, just about every clubmaker out there had blades that were tiny and had a dime-sized sweetspot. Today, those types of irons basically no longer exist. Blades today are defined as the MP-32, RBZ Blades (which is truly a joke), Adams CBM and, of course, the gay blades you'll find in San Francisco.

So, all things considered, the Ping S59 definitely fits well within the subcategory currently referred to as "blades", simply because they have the same size, offset, loft and head shape as other clubs that are known as blades.

For further proof, look at putters today that are referred to as "blades". Now, a putter like the Ping Anser is in the category of "blades". 20 years ago, only a putter with a heel to toe design such as the Wilson 8802 or Nicklaus VIP would be considered a blade.

When I think of a blade iron, the first image that pops into my head is the Palmer Standard because I played a set of those for some years. Forged chrome small heads with no discernable offset and not a hint of anything on the rear of the head except a mass of steel. Currently, I have a set of Wilson FG17's which I do not play and a set of Mizuno MP 14's that are setup for me and ready to play. The 17's I consider pure blades but they are a bit larger than the Palmers and the MP 14's have a bit of offset and are a lot more friendly than the Palmers ever were.

However, I think that to be truly fair, we should enlist the opinion of a golfer of some renown who is also an expert in blades: OJ. Anyone have his email address in prison?
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I think Poe is being argumentative. The Ping S59 would be considered a blade by anyone who knows anything about today's club offerings. What the definition of "blade" means today is of course much different than what it meant 20 or 30 years ago. In the early 80's, just about every clubmaker out there had blades that were tiny and had a dime-sized sweetspot. Today, those types of irons basically no longer exist. Blades today are defined as the MP-32, RBZ Blades (which is truly a joke), Adams CBM and, of course, the gay blades you'll find in San Francisco.

Ah, the slippery slope. Just because some golf company's marketing calls a club a "blade" to stroke your ego, doesn't make it so. S series are truly a players cavity back, but they are not blades. I'm not being argumentative; it's a fact and for you point out Taylormade's RBZ is a referred to as a blade is supporting evidence. Taylormade is one of the biggest marketing machines in the business. The RBZ is not a blade by any stretch of the imagination. Just like Ping is one of the biggest game improvement club marker in the business. If you believe what you've posted, you're a pawn.

So, if you call these clubs blades, what do you call true blade style clubs? Butter knifes?
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Poe4soul wrote:

Ah, the slippery slope. Just because some golf company's marketing calls a club a "blade" to stroke your ego, doesn't make it so. S series are truly a players cavity back, but they are not blades. I'm not being argumentative; it's a fact and for you point out Taylormade's RBZ is a referred to as a blade is supporting evidence. Taylormade is one of the biggest marketing machines in the business. The RBZ is not a blade by any stretch of the imagination. Just like Ping is one of the biggest game improvement club marker in the business. If you believe what you've posted, you're a pawn.

So, if you call these clubs blades, what do you call true blade style clubs? Butter knifes?

How did you know I call true blades "butter knives"?

I was at the golf store the other day and tried out the Rocketbalz Bladez 7 iron with the stock stiff steel shaft in the simulator. Here are my thoughts on this iron:

[list][*] First of all, this club is the size of a GI iron. It has some offset and in now way resembles a blade. In fact, I'd say it's kind of bulky looking.

Feel: Absolutely horrible. Not as horrible as the regular RBZ irons but close. Harsh feeling with no idea where I hit it on the clubface.

Club: The length of the club is 1/2 inch longer than today's standard-length 7 iron. I can tell when I ground the club that it feels different because of the added length.

Distance: Naturally, it hits the ball longer than normal because a) the shaft is 1/2 inch longer and b) the loft of the 7 iron is probably more like that of a 6 iron.

All in all I thought it was a horrible club. Ugly, bulky looking and it felt terrible. Distance was good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:59 pm