The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

HSBC Women's Championship Previw & Pairings

tonyj5
    tonyj5

HSBC Women's Championship Previw & Pairings Empty HSBC Women's Championship Previw & Pairings

Post  tonyj5 Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm

HSBC Women's Championship Preview & Pairings
    Before I get to this week's topic, let me say that if you missed this past weekend's tournament, you missed one of the strangest finishes I have ever seen. I don't think that I have ever seen a player on the final hole needing a six to win, taking an eight. The fact that it happened to a 17 year old, certainly made it harder to watch. Last year when I.K. Kim missed that 12-18 inch putt to blow the Kraft Nabisco, that terrible feeling we had watching her bury her face in her caddy chest won't be forgotten for a long time. I didn't think we would have to see something that heart wrenching again so soon. Seeing Moriya wiping the tears from her younger sisters eyes by the 18th green, is another picture that will not be forgotten for some time. I hope she can shake this off, and it will not cause any long term career problems.

The LPGA Tour moves to Singapore this week, for the playing of the HSBC Women's Championship. The tour will then come home to the United States, after a one week break.

This will be tournament # 3 of 28 this year.

Just like last week's tournament, in spite of the limited field (just 63 players), it will be one of the strongest fields of the year. Fifty-six of the top 60 on the LPGA Priority List, and 18 of the top 20 ladies on this week's Rolex Rankings will be teeing it up. My strength of field rating is 80.0%.

Here are the key details:

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2013/02/hsbc-womens-championship-preview.html
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

HSBC Women's Championship Previw & Pairings Empty Re: HSBC Women's Championship Previw & Pairings

Post  tonyj5 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:01 am

Here are the first round pairings:

http://tinyurl.com/batkl2u
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

HSBC Women's Championship Previw & Pairings Empty Re: HSBC Women's Championship Previw & Pairings

Post  Mongrel Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:58 pm

I spent two weeks in Singapore with my unit back in 1970. It was a far out place with bizarre weather. Every day about 1300 local time (1 pm to you civilians) the clouds came over and there was a steady rain for exactly two hours and then it was swell until the next afternoon. Every freakin' day. They had the absolute best fish and chips on the planet. Came wrapped in yesterday's edition of the local English language daily with the oil soaking through the paper so that you got the newsprint all over your hands by the time you'd scarfed up the fish and chips.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:56 am

I Still cant take women playing golf seriously....Its all looks depending, the older ladies playing are my par3 heroes as they normally double stroke them and I dont. The younger ladies with the nice bodies only payed a round of golf to be viewed at as if for my entertainment.

I'm sorry but its true.....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:27 am

In the 1980's, I played some private club golf with a girl who was then about 21 who was a senior at a prestigious southern USA college and the number one player on the golf team. Good looking, tall and thin, with a long flowing swing. She would play from the men's tees with us and hit her persimmon driver about 250 with a slight draw on a low piercing trajectory. You are too young to remember that the average PGA driving distance back then was probably only 10-15 yards longer. She played Ram Tour forged blades and had distance equal to or greater than all of us except my friend who had been on the Florida mini-tour in the early 1970's. In fact I played a set of Palmer Standard forged blades that she had been given to trial and she chose the Rams over my set. I imagine that with today's clubs, she would have been quite competitive.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 am

Here are the leaders after the 2nd round:

1- Stacy Lewis -11
    2- Paula Creamer -9
    2- Ariya Jutanagarn -9
    2 Chella Choi -9
    2- N.Y. Choi -9
    2- S.Y. Yoo -9
    2- Azahara Munoz -9
    8- Danielle Kang -7
    8- P. Phatlum
    10- K.Sjodin -6
    10- Haiji Kang -6
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Fluffy wrote:I Still cant take women playing golf seriously....Its all looks depending, the older ladies playing are my par3 heroes as they normally double stroke them and I dont. The younger ladies with the nice bodies only payed a round of golf to be viewed at as if for my entertainment.

I'm sorry but its true.....
    Have to agree with you on this one. I don't understand why the moderators haven't deleted this thread, this is supposed to be a golf forum.

What sort of moron would create a golf forum and allow threads about women's golf. Whoever owns this site must be a real chopper not to know.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:44 am

Here are the leaders after the 3rd round:

1- Stacy Lewis -14
    1- Na Yeon Choi -14
    3- Paula Creamer -12
    4- Danielle Kang -9
    4- A. Jutanugarn -9
    4- S.Y. Yoo -9
    4- Azahara Munoz -9
    8- Jessica Korda -8
    9- 4 players tied at -7
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Last edited by Player on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Still persisting with these worthless threads? Ever wonder why you dont get much attention? You need to spruce up these threads to make them interesting. You are obviously a big wheel in women's golfing circles, maybe you could take advantage of your profile and get some candid pics of you with some of the players. Or better still photo shop a creepy looking old guy into photos with them. I guarantee it would get you more replies.

No need to thank me Im happy to help. Im here for ya big guy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am