The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Bored at work.......

Horseballs

Re: Bored at work.......

Post  Horseballs on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:I agree. I'm no wrestling fan but I can't believe they would drop one of the original Olympic sports. Hell even Rugby Sevens will be in Rio in 2016. As for golf WTF???
    Any sport where the Olympics is not the biggest event should be considered for retraction. Tennis, basketball, soccer, golf, rugby should all be removed before wrestling. Also, I'm not a big fan of the subjective events where judging plays a role. Diving is a fucking joke. If a dude is from China, he can do a damn cannonball and rack up bunch of 8.5's.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:
    I've also been working out and trying to lose weight. I've started getting up early and doing 250-300 KettleBell swings, about 30 minutes of metabolic type stuff. Doing ladders of 5-10-15-15-10-5 with work and rest being equal. Normally a buddy, I go, you go drill but I just estimate rests. I also started taking some coach/lessons from a power/Olympic lifter. Pretty good stuff. I'm going to learn power lifting style squat, deadlift, and bench. Once I have the base I want to learn some Olympic style lifts. The only problem I see in the future is time if I want to golf. Either I scale back my exercise during the summer or I become a recreational golfer. I'm not sure which way I will go.
    It's weird, but I haven't lost a ton of weight, but I'm defeinitely in better shape than a few months ago. My wife went to a trainer 3 times a week for several months. He emphasized a lot of the stuff you are into. Ladders, sprints, explosive jumps, power lifting moves. I was blown away by what she do after a couple months.
    I'm at 175lbs, which is pretty much what I was at by the end of the golf season. I'm definitely leaner though. In 2009, after I completed P90X, I was about 155. I'm probably stronger in all the static exercises now. I know it's cliched, but I truly don't have the time to dedicate 8-10 hours per week working out. I'm happy with what I'm doing, knowing it will be much less once the weather gets nice and the golf course comes calling.

So is it your buffed physique that causes you to break so many golf clubs or is it your steep, choppy swing causing you to hit the mat first in the simulator?
    Ehh, that 5 wood was in so bad shape, even a noodle-armed weakling like you could have broken it.
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:I agree. I'm no wrestling fan but I can't believe they would drop one of the original Olympic sports. Hell even Rugby Sevens will be in Rio in 2016. As for golf WTF???
    Any sport where the Olympics is not the biggest event should be considered for retraction. Tennis, basketball, soccer, golf, rugby should all be removed before wrestling. Also, I'm not a big fan of the subjective events where judging plays a role. Diving is a fucking joke. If a dude is from China, he can do a damn cannonball and rack up bunch of 8.5's.

Especially when they started allowing pro's to compete. I have no desire to watch an all pro star team/player compete in the Olympics. It's retarded and it gets all of the coverage. Who cares? I'd rather watch teams of up and comers competing than a bunch of pro's taking gold. It's not like these competitions are the pinnacle of their sport. They're professionals.

Oh yeah, we forgot curling. Curling is there to stay but wrestling, gone. Phucking stupid.
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Shows how far society has dropped when wrestling gets the boot. Betting Tony is a big field hockey fan.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 pm

I agree that subjective olympic events are pure bullshit. I think that all of them-- especially figure skating and synchronised swimming-- should be given the boot. Replace them with games won on score alone. Like bowling. Nine Ball. Darts. Texas Holdem. Gin. Jeopardy (In English so those foreign fuckers don't get all the medals).
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I don't understand why people think that golf or any other mainstream sport should be in the Olympics. The whole idea is that you get to watch athletes doing sports every 4 years that your normally don't see. If golf is in the Olympics there's no way I'll be watching it. Who cares? Same with basketball. Why would I want to watch a US allstar team take on China? It's stupid.

I can't believe they are getting rid of wrestling. That's a common sport in high school and college and pretty popular in that arena.

I prefer the winter olympics anyway. I love the downhill.
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Hey, at least MTB'ing is still an event cheers

Getting rid of wrestling is heinous! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm