The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Got Any Snow?

jmtbkr

Got Any Snow?

Post  jmtbkr on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 am

Well, here in the NorthEast, we got some snow. In my little slice of Longuylund, we got buried in about 3 feet. So I cleared the driveway and the cars and proceeded to hit some balls off the mat on the driveway. Guess I'll find them in the spring! Laughing
    jt1135

Re: Got Any Snow?

Post  jt1135 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

about 8 inches here but its been blowing for a whole day and supposed to keep it up today with gusts as high as 40mph. Right now about 5 to 6 foot drifts.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:21 am

Nah !!! all wet due to light rain in Wilmington/Newark Delaware area
    I am ready to move to Phoenix AZ
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:49 am

No snow in the NW. Got 18 in yesterday. Played like shiat but that's understandable since I've picked up the sticks twice in 2 plus months. Had a few good drives and approach shots. Putting was suspect, the greens were fast and a bit bumpy. Very difficult combination.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Poe4soul wrote:No snow in the NW. Got 18 in yesterday. Played like shiat but that's understandable since I've picked up the sticks twice in 2 plus months. Had a few good drives and approach shots. Putting was suspect, the greens were fast and a bit bumpy. Very difficult combination.

We didn't get any snow. I played yesterday and had to wear a fleece jacket with a ski cap. It was around 50 degrees all day long. Bummer dudes.

I played horrible yesterday. I'm in another slump although I think I worked my swing out on the last three holes. I was keeping the face shut on the backswing, not allowing the wrists to hinge early enough and sapping my distance and accuracy. Now I open it up like taking the wax paper off a reese's peanut butter cup ya'll. Still hitting the snot out of the 983e. Nothing I've tried is longer. 'Course, I got my eye on a Ping Anser driver at 8.5 degrees. Little pricey but you know what they say...if you ain't gonna pay, you best not play.

Word up.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Not a bit of snow here on the balmy Treasure Coast of Florida. Got in a quick 18 yesterday morning in howling wind playing my new Cobra FP's in which the only club I hit decent at all was the gap wedge. Tomorrow I'm taking them around to some shops to try to trade them for a real set of irons. Should have brought the Mizunos. Oh well. Internet access is difficult due to some nearby renters not showing up this year with their unencrypted WiFi accounts. Morons. Mongrel out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:31 pm