The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

Happy Lunar New Year

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Happy Lunar New Year Empty Happy Lunar New Year

Post  Pky6471 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Tomorrow, Sunday 2/10/'13 will be the first day of Lunar New Year, I think it should be full moon ...
    Well , boring day so I went to Golf Galaxy and watched on guy testing a driver... he kept hitting 215-225 total, then he switched to the Callay X-hot 2013 driver and all of the sudden he hit 255-265... how the hell could it be? is it a gimmick?

Happy new year , guys/ girls/ AC-DC
    We wish you good sex tonite Shocked
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Happy Lunar New Year Empty Re: Happy Lunar New Year

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:23 pm

And a happy Tet to you, also. Hope the Year of the Snake be good to all. This probably won't be the year of my golf snake since after two holes I decided my new Cobras are not hittable for me. Should have known better than to get something I never hit and heads that are not forged. Yesterday I played like it was the Year of the Dog. Then I ate dinner like it was the Year of the Pig. Ruff. Oink. Hiss. F*cing animals. Peace. Mongrel out.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Mostly German wrote:And a happy Tet to you, also. Hope the Year of the Snake be good to all. This probably won't be the year of my golf snake since after two holes I decided my new Cobras are not hittable for me. Should have known better than to get something I never hit and heads that are not forged. Yesterday I played like it was the Year of the Dog. Then I ate dinner like it was the Year of the Pig. Ruff. Oink. Hiss. F*cing animals. Peace. Mongrel out.

Sorry to hear the Cobras were not hittable. I had a feeling you wouldn't like those FP pieces of garbage. If anything, I may try the Cobra Amp irons. The stuff they have out now looks like something out of a candy store.

This year will be the year of the driver. I will focus on driver ho'ing instead of iron ho'ing. I may even get a little putter ho'ing in just to fill in the gaps.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 am

Mostly German wrote:And a happy Tet to you, also. Hope the Year of the Snake be good to all. This probably won't be the year of my golf snake since after two holes I decided my new Cobras are not hittable for me. Should have known better than to get something I never hit and heads that are not forged. Yesterday I played like it was the Year of the Dog. Then I ate dinner like it was the Year of the Pig. Ruff. Oink. Hiss. F*cing animals. Peace. Mongrel out.

I am impressed with your vocabulary " Tết " Razz

Snake club... do U think U give it a fair chance? don't sell it on fleebay until U give it a fair chance on the range first.
    BTW, I look at some of Cobra heads at GG last week, too colorful for me, they would attract young guys/girls/AC-DC but not old man like me.

Talking about old man, I told U guys/girls/AC-DC that my company is eliminating my position so they made me an offer to leave on Jan.30,2013... but they wanted me to stay until June 30 to train/guide younger engineers/scientists. Yesterday they came to my office and asked me to stay until the end of 2013 year because there are so much technical stuff that they want me to transfer... Sh$$$$t, now I plan to stay until end of year to help them out.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 am

Pky6471 wrote:Talking about old man, I told U guys/girls/AC-DC that my company is eliminating my position so they made me an offer to leave on Jan.30,2013... but they wanted me to stay until June 30 to train/guide younger engineers/scientists. Yesterday they came to my office and asked me to stay until the end of 2013 year because there are so much technical stuff that they want me to transfer... Sh$$$$t, now I plan to stay until end of year to help them out.
    That's funny, because my company is doing the same thing. Most of the people here have been employed 40+ years and they are offering a generous retirment package - also to reduce operating costs 10% before the sequestering starts. So many folks opted to take the package, they had to delay a large number because of the 'expertise' they would loose before they got newer engineers/techs trained.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 am

jmtbkr wrote:
    That's funny, because my company is doing the same thing. Most of the people here have been employed 40+ years and they are offering a generous retirment package - also to reduce operating costs 10% before the sequestering starts. So many folks opted to take the package, they had to delay a large number because of the 'expertise' they would loose before they got newer engineers/techs trained.

About 10 yrs ago DuPont in Wilming DE made a HUGE mistake, they made a "retirement package" offer and more employees jumped at the offer so DuPont lost a HUGE expertise, in the end DuPont had to hire them back as "consultant". Companies are getting smarter about this, they go into layoffs (not retirement) so they could offer limited employees, most of them 55+, a few 40+ (to avoid legal action)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am