The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes!

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes! Empty Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes!

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13 pm

This is the first real tournament where we get the chance to see how Tiger will fare in 2013. This is a big year for him. No majors won this year will mean that he has little chance to ever catch Nicklaus' record. The crowds at Torrey Pines will be gigantic following this threesome, all of whom are originally from California.

Watney is poised for a great year. He had a big win at the end of last year and I think a major may be the next thing for him.

Puma kid needs another win under his orange belt. I'm tired of him getting top 10s all the time. He has the talent to win 4 or 5 tournaments a year. I'm not sure about majors, though. I can see him winning a US Open or a British Open but not the PGA or Masters. I'm hoping the all orange outfit is kept in the closet this year.

What a great pairing. Wish I was there.

I'm pretty sure Phil is there, trying to figure out how he's going to pay his electric bill with all these new taxes.

[img]Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes! Z_tige13[/img]
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes! Empty Re: Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes!

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Watney seemed to be adapting to his new Nike kit a lot better than Rory. I wonder what the over/under is on the Torrey Pines winner bagging Nikes?

Ricki needs to lose that orange belt and work his way at least up to a brown belt. He will have to do a lot more katas and pass the test. Only when he obtains his black belt past the first degree will he be able to contend in Majors.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes! Empty Re: Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes!

Post  FamousDavis Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:08 pm

I watched the tournament last night via DVR. Tiger's ball striking is absolutely superb but, as usual, he misses way too may putts. I couldn't believe how many times he would hit a perfect iron to a spot 12 feet away from the hole and miss the putt. Also, it seems like his driver swing gets progressively worse toward the end of the round. One of the driver swings he took on either the 15th or 16th hole was horrible. It cost him a bogey.

Another thing I noticed is the Puma kid is very nervous around Tiger. Never seems to play well.

Man, that Sneddiker can putt.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:27 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I watched the tournament last night via DVR. Tiger's ball striking is absolutely superb but, as usual, he misses way too may putts. I couldn't believe how many times he would hit a perfect iron to a spot 12 feet away from the hole and miss the putt. Also, it seems like his driver swing gets progressively worse toward the end of the round. One of the driver swings he took on either the 15th or 16th hole was horrible. It cost him a bogey.

Another thing I noticed is the Puma kid is very nervous around Tiger. Never seems to play well.

Russell Hendley reminds me of Snedeker a bit in his putting. Get your line. Address the ball. Putt it. Not a lot of time taken. Lots of confidence showing. I think Tiger needs to dump whatever putter he is playing. The shots I saw of its face post-stroke yesterday look like a face with two parallel horizontal inserts. He needs to get one of those high-MOI big mallet headed jobs with more visual alignment aids. I think his vision is deteriorating and he needs help. His stroke looks real good and it looks like he's hitting it where he's seeing it. He just ain't seeing it right on the button. Know what I mean?
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Mostly German wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:I watched the tournament last night via DVR. Tiger's ball striking is absolutely superb but, as usual, he misses way too may putts. I couldn't believe how many times he would hit a perfect iron to a spot 12 feet away from the hole and miss the putt. Also, it seems like his driver swing gets progressively worse toward the end of the round. One of the driver swings he took on either the 15th or 16th hole was horrible. It cost him a bogey.

Russell Hendley reminds me of Snedeker a bit in his putting. Get your line. Address the ball. Putt it. Not a lot of time taken. Lots of confidence showing. I think Tiger needs to dump whatever putter he is playing. The shots I saw of its face post-stroke yesterday look like a face with two parallel horizontal inserts. He needs to get one of those high-MOI big mallet headed jobs with more visual alignment aids. I think his vision is deteriorating and he needs help. His stroke looks real good and it looks like he's hitting it where he's seeing it. He just ain't seeing it right on the button. Know what I mean?

Getting smacked in the head with an iron, must have ruined his vision.
    If you put a Ho in a Denny's outfit, with her legs spread open around the cup he'd drain it.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 pm

12pierogi wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:

Getting smacked in the head with an iron, must have ruined his vision.
    If you put a Ho in a Denny's outfit, with her legs spread open around the cup he'd drain it.
    But would he make the putt?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes! Empty Update on Tournament!

Post  FamousDavis Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Check out the jammy back flash with da' window plate

Woods is currently in 4th place. He tearin' it up at Torrey. Makin' putts, hittin' shots and the shizzle.

Lucky Luke List is still in 4th, tied with Woods. You know what that means, bro'. Paired up with the Tiger tomorrow the man is sure to fold like a wet napkin.

Mike Weird is gettin' lucky and still in 3rd. Dude looks fragile. Ain't got not muscle. Swings back and stops like he tryin' to fake us out. Fool.

KJ Choi in 2nd. Whatever. Dude's got an over the top swing. Seems like a guy who could hang. Basketball

Thurston Howell the III is in 1st place. Damn, that kid already has as many top tens in two tournaments as he did all last year. 5-11 and 155 pounds. Put some muscle on those bones, pal. The kid can hit the ball, though. He fly.

Word up, jeez out
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Charles de Thoid ain't in the lead now. It is Guess Who after an eagle on #18, his 9th of the day. Only took him 27 holes to lead the pack.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Tiger leadin' by three over Thurstin Howell da' three. Shoot, pair them up tomorrow and Charles be nervous as all heck.

Woods owns that course. Might as well hand him the deed.

What happened to Phil? Probably thinkin' about the Padres. That's a damn shame right there. Sad

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Phil's scratchin' for traction right now trying to make the Cut. The real miracle round will be Young Fowler's, should he birdie one more hole to get to minus two. Sounds like a likely candidate to be turned by Nike.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Phil is always mixing it up.

[img]Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes! Z_phil10[/img]
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Tiger was certainly tearing it up yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how some of the other top players respond in upcoming tournaments.

I'm not impressed with the coverage. We're back to watching tiger walk from green to tee, camera filming his back as he waits for his turn, slow motion of every shot etc. Meanwhile on some other part of the course, hole 13, Luke Lists makes an albatross and no camera to share the moment. I'm glad I have Tivo so I don't have to watch all the Tiger arse licking in regular speed...
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Poe4soul wrote:Tiger was certainly tearing it up yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how some of the other top players respond in upcoming tournaments.

I'm not impressed with the coverage. We're back to watching tiger walk from green to tee, camera filming his back as he waits for his turn, slow motion of every shot etc. Meanwhile on some other part of the course, hole 13, Luke Lists makes an albatross and no camera to share the moment. I'm glad I have Tivo so I don't have to watch all the Tiger arse licking in regular speed...

And when you get Jim Nantz in the announce booth, I bet he had a blanket over him from the waist down so that Faldo wouldn't notice his continual TW erection. I have noticed, however, that almost all the US Golf on-air people have ceased referring to him as just "Tiger" and now they call him "Tiger Woods" or "Woods." An edict must have come down from Somewhere. But the most obnoxious thing on TV to me is almost all of them referring to Arnie as "Mister Palmer." What a bunch of obsequious ass-smooching. Arnie came from the dirt and was revered by the masses of blue collars when he came out on tour. If it is indeed Arnie who insists on being called "Mister Palmer", then he has a blown module somewhere between his ears and might as well start planning in earnest for the long dirt nap.

I agree that missing shots of the albatross was inexcuseable. As was almost everyone's ifatuation with the hang gliders. Oh for the days of Stevie on Tiger's bag. It would be priceless to see Stevie pull out a twelge gauge double barrell and open up both barrells on the closest hang glider. The others would disappear in a New York nano-second.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Poe4soul wrote:Tiger was certainly tearing it up yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how some of the other top players respond in upcoming tournaments.

Well folks, I know you're never supposed to say it's over until it's officially over but I think, in this particular case, that's all she wrote. cat

Let it be known that this was the week that capped off the resurgence of Tiger Woods. It's like the Dark Knight rising. He has come back to save us from boring golf. Once again, we can turn on our TV sets and tune into exhilarating golf that captivates the soul and touches the spirit. Shocked Shocked

If he stays on track he may have a 10 shot lead before this whole thing is over. Amazed

This is the second coming. We've only caught a glimpse of what's in store. drunken drunken cyclops

Let's keep the streak going... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I'd like to ask the haters to take a seat for awhile Embarassed Embarassed

What a great day! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers flower flower flower

I can't help it, I'm giddy! I feel like strutting to Eye of the Tiger:

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 pm

We could certainly use Huskyhater to join this site to temper a bit of this unabashed TW love.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

Well folks, I know you're never supposed to say it's over until it's officially over but I think, in this particular case, that's all she wrote. cat

Let it be known that this was the week that capped off the resurgence of Tiger Woods. It's like the Dark Knight rising. He has come back to save us from boring golf. Once again, we can turn on our TV sets and tune into exhilarating golf that captivates the soul and touches the spirit. Shocked Shocked

If he stays on track he may have a 10 shot lead before this whole thing is over. Amazed

This is the second coming. We've only caught a glimpse of what's in store. drunken drunken cyclops

Let's keep the streak going... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I'd like to ask the haters to take a seat for awhile Embarassed Embarassed

What a great day! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers flower flower flower

I can't help it, I'm giddy! I feel like strutting to Eye of the Tiger:

I think we just witnessed FD's "I'm Gay" moment.

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger, Watney and Puma kid tee off in 10 minutes! Empty Not the best finish

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Can't say I'm too excited about Tiger's last 6 holes. For example, why did he go for the green on the short Par 3? Question disappointed

And why did his game go south when he had such a big lead No No No No

Was it aliens? alien Help

Who cares? He won by four Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops tongue tongue tongue tongue rabbit albino
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:42 pm

FamousDavis wrote:Can't say I'm too excited about Tiger's last 6 holes. For example, why did he go for the green on the short Par 3? Question disappointed

And why did his game go south when he had such a big lead No No No No

Was it aliens? alien Help

Who cares? He won by four Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops tongue tongue tongue tongue rabbit albino

I thought I would miss the end but turned it on when I got back from work and the last group still had a couple of holes to go. Now Tiger is just about the sharpest knife in the drawer and figured that with the lead he built up yesterday afternoon, all he had to do was just cruise on in and not crash and burn. Just like a savvy race car driver who knows all he has to do is finish the race running the last laps just fast enough to take the checkered flag. And let all those behind blow engines or hit walls trying to beat him. Now as to the why he sputtered down the stretch, it was obvious to me that the choppers in front of him who were playing way too slow was gnawing on him and he said as much in his twenty seconds with Feherty as he left 18 green. You had Marino who was on a medical exemption and Compton who has a lot of heart. Well, more than one heart even. But slow enough that the damn Tour should do something costly to those who don't keep pace. I can't blame Tiger for getting pissed. In the group I play with, if a group is more than ten minutes behind the preceding group holing out on 18, a one stroke penalty can be assessed against every member of the group regardless of who was at fault. That would speed these guys up. I mean its not like the weather was causing the slow play.

On another matter, I would like to congratulate Tiger on his 75th PGA Tour win. Only Sam Snead has more at 82. I will be routing for Tiger to break this record every time he tees it up on a Tour event. Sam Snead was a real prick. Arrogant to those of us commoners who watched him in galleries and an unabashed ass-kisser to those with something he wanted. Usually it was money.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am