The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Manti Te'o

Lord Helmet

Manti Te'o

Post  Lord Helmet on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Guess the girlfriend was a hoax? Are you kidding me?
    Mongrel

Re: Manti Te'o

Post  Mongrel on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 pm

I'd say that name is falling faster than a rock on 32 draft boards as you read this.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

I know Lance Armstrong is pretty happy this came out yesterday.
    It's either an extremely successful job of trolling (on par with Spank's opus on the death of Dorkman), or Te'o was looking to drum up publicity for a Heisman run.
    I have a hard time believing that Te'o could be that naive, but he was an LDS member in a Catholic school. Can't imagine there were many other members of his flock at Notre Dame. Still, how do you not personally meet someone for 3 years and call her your girlfriend?
    The whole thing looks like a big publicity stunt. The initial reporters who didn't even google her name before running with the story are the ones with shit on their faces.

This seems like a Lorenzo topic to me.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Isn't he from some Pacific Island? Some of them boys turn out to like other boys more than girls, get my drift? So maybe he concocted this little ro-mance to sort of try to be like "one of the guys" which is sort of important on a football team. I know the Mormons send their missionaries everywhere on the planet so if they sent some out into the banana plantation highlands of some Pacific Island they could have run into little Manti and converted him from his aboriginal paganism into an LDS and then sold the football rights to the Catholics at that college who really aren't much Catholic at all. Mabye our Northern Brothers will be more accepting and he'll have a long and prosperous career in the CFL. And all the boys he can handle.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Turns out he was talking to a dude the whole time. This thing is weirder and weirder.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 pm

According to reports, the guy is a fellow Samoan. Before I quit drinking years ago, I thought that when people talked about those toasted marshmellow snacks, they were referring to something eaten on that South Pacific Island. Samoa's.
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Can someone provide a synopsis on this whole Manti Te'o thing? I have to admit that I know absolutely nothing about the story other than tidbits. I know he plays football and there's something about some fake girlfriend. Please enlight. Thanks.
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 pm

FamousDavis wrote:Can someone provide a synopsis on this whole Manti Te'o thing? I have to admit that I know absolutely nothing about the story other than tidbits. I know he plays football and there's something about some fake girlfriend. Please enlight. Thanks.
    I don't know. Turns out some other Samoan chick is now saying she was talking to Te'o.
    These are the conclusive facts from this whole Te'o thing...

1) Manti Te'o was a linebacker at Notre Dame

the end
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:36 pm

I don't care.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:03 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:I don't care.

You might end up caring if he falls to the fourth or fifth round in the upcoming draft and Belechick takes him.
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:28 am

Mostly German wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:I don't care.

You might end up caring if he falls to the fourth or fifth round in the upcoming draft and Belechick takes him.

You're right. We needed Luke Kuechly, not that clown. Bring back the territorial draft.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content