The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Share
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  FamousDavis on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm

    How will the city of Boulder cope with this tragedy? Shouldn't those two police officers be in jail for this? Oh sure, they say they were concerned about the safety of the citizens but we all know they were bloodthirsty.

    I guess the citizens of Boulder held a candlelight vigil, sang songs by the fire and prayed for the dead elk. We can only hope the healing will begin soon.

    What is on these people's minds? Has everyone gone completely nuts? Candlelight vigils for elks? I'm fairly certain the police officers wouldn't have shot an elk unless they felt it posed a threat to the people of the city.

    Couldn't they just use the meat to feed the homeless and then mount its head in the local Elk's Lodge? For cryin' out loud.

    http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_22324937/boulder-police-chief-mark-beckner-meet-mapleton-residents

    Golfaholic

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Labrador, Canada

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Golfaholic on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm

    One of my Co-workers had to shoot a wolf last week that was attacking someones dog IN THEIR BACK YARD. There were some comments on the news story that said the officer should have been charged for discharging a firearm, LOL.

    People are stupid.

    Check out the comments, for your reading pleasure.

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2013/01/02/nl-wolf-attack-dog-labrador-103.html
    avatar
    12pierogi

    Posts : 357
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Lake effect snowland

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  12pierogi on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 am

    Mongrel has been wiping out the coon population in his neighborhood, I heard charges are pending, and a mob is gathering.

    A buddy of mine has been wiping out the squirrel population piney, fox, what's the other one red, he's culling them all. I guess there rather destructive. He's got a Lincoln they got under the hood, and chewed the plastic brake fluid reservoir. Resulting in no brakes.
    Not to mention a serious bat population. Right in a affluent neighborhood.
    He's hauled 3 raccoon, and 2 groundhog off a couple months ago.
    My German shepherd does a good job of circumnavigating the 10 acres, and minimizes everything but the whitetail deer, and an occasional fox, or turkeys. I'm thinking of getting some chickens in the spring. I kind of like hearing them in the morning with the windows open, plus they eat a lot of insects.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1770
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 am

    My Critter Holocaust is very selective. Targeted for genocide are squirrels, rabbits, racoons, groundhogs, mice and rats. And cats. Those with feathers include pidgeons, grackles and starlings. Then there are The Untouchables. Those include fox, black snakes and raptors of all sorts. This is just within the boundaries of my fenced back yard, mind you. On the road, I might brake for people, dogs and any critter that I think will cause enough damage to my vehicle that would render it inoperable. We have an active neighborhood Carrion Contingent. I know this because every time I dispose of a critter corpse over the chain link fence in the rear, it is gone by the next sunrise.
    avatar
    Lord Helmet

    Posts : 123
    Join date : 2012-12-12

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Lord Helmet on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am

    You have to know and understand the Peoples Republic of Boulder a little.....I grew up near there, spent alot of time there, and would have went to CU had they had a baseball team.

    Boulder is a different place. Hard to explain. Tons of hippies and elitists...if you can imagine that.

    Beautiful area though.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  FamousDavis on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:47 am

    Lord Helmet wrote:You have to know and understand the Peoples Republic of Boulder a little.....I grew up near there, spent alot of time there, and would have went to CU had they had a baseball team.

    Boulder is a different place. Hard to explain. Tons of hippies and elitists...if you can imagine that.

    Beautiful area though.

    No, I understand Boulder, CO. quite well as I was involved in commercial real estate there. Actually, I've done business in most of the liberal, peace-loving, environmental, hippie, "green" and medical marijuana cities like Berkeley, Boulder, Santa Fe and Bend.

    Notwithstanding the liberal contingent population in these cities, it still makes no sense to grieve that much over an Elk. In fact, I've been told that Elk can be very dangerous in a populated area. What really bothers me is the officers being put on leave. If they shot it for no reason then I would agree with the suspension but it certainly doesn't sound that way.
    avatar
    Lord Helmet

    Posts : 123
    Join date : 2012-12-12

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Lord Helmet on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:
    Lord Helmet wrote:You have to know and understand the Peoples Republic of Boulder a little.....I grew up near there, spent alot of time there, and would have went to CU had they had a baseball team.

    Boulder is a different place. Hard to explain. Tons of hippies and elitists...if you can imagine that.

    Beautiful area though.

    No, I understand Boulder, CO. quite well as I was involved in commercial real estate there. Actually, I've done business in most of the liberal, peace-loving, environmental, hippie, "green" and medical marijuana cities like Berkeley, Boulder, Santa Fe and Bend.

    Notwithstanding the liberal contingent population in these cities, it still makes no sense to grieve that much over an Elk. In fact, I've been told that Elk can be very dangerous in a populated area. What really bothers me is the officers being put on leave. If they shot it for no reason then I would agree with the suspension but it certainly doesn't sound that way.

    Then you should understand the liberal peace love dope crowd - and how they are going to react to such 'brutality'...... Smile
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1770
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm

    Lord Helmet wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    Lord Helmet wrote:You have to know and understand the Peoples Republic of Boulder a little.....I grew up near there, spent alot of time there, and would have went to CU had they had a baseball team.

    Boulder is a different place. Hard to explain. Tons of hippies and elitists...if you can imagine that.

    Beautiful area though.

    No, I understand Boulder, CO. quite well as I was involved in commercial real estate there. Actually, I've done business in most of the liberal, peace-loving, environmental, hippie, "green" and medical marijuana cities like Berkeley, Boulder, Santa Fe and Bend.

    Notwithstanding the liberal contingent population in these cities, it still makes no sense to grieve that much over an Elk. In fact, I've been told that Elk can be very dangerous in a populated area. What really bothers me is the officers being put on leave. If they shot it for no reason then I would agree with the suspension but it certainly doesn't sound that way.

    Then you should understand the liberal peace love dope crowd - and how they are going to react to such 'brutality'...... Smile

    Until they catch an Elk eating their sensimilla crop and then they'll clamor to find someone to off the motherf*cker.
    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Poe4soul on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:27 pm

    One of my neighbors was jogging in our neighborhood and a Portland police officer stopped and informed him that he might consider going home. Evidently the police were called for a sighting of a mountain lion. My neighbor said he was more nervous of being shot by the police attempting to kill the mountain lion than being attacked by the lion. Which, if you know Portland's police reputation of poor marksmanship and fatal shootings, is probably a fair assessment.
    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Poe4soul on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm

    I just read several reports on the shooting. It seems a bit suspicious that the off duty officer came and took the animal to be processed for himself in a taxidermy company he owns. He also called in sick the next day which one would assume would be to process the elk. Normally, in these situations, the Dept of Wildlife is called and the animal given out under the road kill program. There were other abnormal behaviors like not reporting to dispatch for almost 90 minutes, not reporting the discharge of a weapon which is required, etc. Calling the friend instead of dispatch seems to point to something intentionally wrongful. The articles also mentioned that about 12 animals are killed every year by their department for which the normal police policies are followed. So, it's not that an animal was shot but the circumstances surrounding the shooting. All in all, it seems a bit fishy. If he shot it for personal gain, he should be fired. You really can't afford to have Police thinking they are above the law. The officers in question are on paid leave while under investigation. Pretty normal when something like this happens.
    avatar
    Lord Helmet

    Posts : 123
    Join date : 2012-12-12

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Lord Helmet on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm

    Poe4soul wrote:I just read several reports on the shooting. It seems a bit suspicious that the off duty officer came and took the animal to be processed for himself in a taxidermy company he owns. He also called in sick the next day which one would assume would be to process the elk. Normally, in these situations, the Dept of Wildlife is called and the animal given out under the road kill program. There were other abnormal behaviors like not reporting to dispatch for almost 90 minutes, not reporting the discharge of a weapon which is required, etc. Calling the friend instead of dispatch seems to point to something intentionally wrongful. The articles also mentioned that about 12 animals are killed every year by their department for which the normal police policies are followed. So, it's not that an animal was shot but the circumstances surrounding the shooting. All in all, it seems a bit fishy. If he shot it for personal gain, he should be fired. You really can't afford to have Police thinking they are above the law. The officers in question are on paid leave while under investigation. Pretty normal when something like this happens.

    I was reading some of that as well. I also am a member of a CU Football forum - so this issue was discussed there as some members are local Boulderites.

    If the cops were poaching, they should be fired and prosecuted. The vigil seems a bit extreme - but again, gotta know the types of folks you are dealing with.
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  jt1135 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 pm

    Colorado, California, Oregon and Washington. Been to all of them and I didn't leave anything there so no need to go back. Nice country but can't stand most of the idiots that live there.
    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Poe4soul on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 pm

    Lord Helmet wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:I just read several reports on the shooting. It seems a bit suspicious that the off duty officer came and took the animal to be processed for himself in a taxidermy company he owns. He also called in sick the next day which one would assume would be to process the elk. Normally, in these situations, the Dept of Wildlife is called and the animal given out under the road kill program. There were other abnormal behaviors like not reporting to dispatch for almost 90 minutes, not reporting the discharge of a weapon which is required, etc. Calling the friend instead of dispatch seems to point to something intentionally wrongful. The articles also mentioned that about 12 animals are killed every year by their department for which the normal police policies are followed. So, it's not that an animal was shot but the circumstances surrounding the shooting. All in all, it seems a bit fishy. If he shot it for personal gain, he should be fired. You really can't afford to have Police thinking they are above the law. The officers in question are on paid leave while under investigation. Pretty normal when something like this happens.

    I was reading some of that as well. I also am a member of a CU Football forum - so this issue was discussed there as some members are local Boulderites.

    If the cops were poaching, they should be fired and prosecuted. The vigil seems a bit extreme - but again, gotta know the types of folks you are dealing with.

    Agreed and agreed. I think it would be cool to have a elk in my neighborhood as long as it was winter. Winter only though. I'm not sure how cool it would be to have them eating all of your flowers, vegetables, and such. We have plenty of deer in my area. A buck turned up one year. He had a broken leg and a full rack. I came around the corner of my house and he was about 10 feet from me. I was a bit nervous considering he really couldn't run very well and his best option would have been to gore me. I just backed up, gave him a few minutes and let the dogs out of the house. Never saw him again.

    I called the wild life department about the encounter thinking they would come out and kill the deer. The first thing out of the guys mouth was "did you see a cougar?" I guess we have a local cougar. Which is pretty scary considering I live in the city limits and jog in the dark during the winter months. Who knows, maybe the cougar ate the deer.

    At least we don't have dingo's. I hear they eat babies.
    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Poe4soul on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 pm

    jt1135 wrote:Colorado, California, Oregon and Washington. Been to all of them and I didn't leave anything there so no need to go back. Nice country but can't stand most of the idiots that live there.

    Phuck you very much.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  FamousDavis on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

    jt1135 wrote:Colorado, California, Oregon and Washington. Been to all of them and I didn't leave anything there so no need to go back. Nice country but can't stand most of the idiots that live there.

    That makes sense, as you appear to be the rural, farm-working type.

    Generally speaking I don't like rural, farm-working people, but I don't mean to denigrate those who are.

    And for the people who are rural, farm-working people, denigrate means 'put down'.


    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  jt1135 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:33 am

    FamousDavis wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:Colorado, California, Oregon and Washington. Been to all of them and I didn't leave anything there so no need to go back. Nice country but can't stand most of the idiots that live there.

    That makes sense, as you appear to be the rural, farm-working type.

    Generally speaking I don't like rural, farm-working people, but I don't mean to denigrate those who are.

    And for the people who are rural, farm-working people, denigrate means 'put down'.



    Really! After all these years everybody around here thought denigrate meant to move the black population out.


    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_hig_sch_dip_or_hig_by_per-high-school-diploma-higher-percentage
    avatar
    rooteen

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Greatsouthernland

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  rooteen on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 am

    [quote="Poe4soul"][quote="Lord Helmet"]
    Poe4soul wrote:

    Who knows, maybe the cougar ate the deer.

    At least we don't have dingo's. I hear they eat babies.

    That reminds me, my wife still has a t-shirt that says "i solved it, the baby ate the dingo"
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Horseballs on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 am

    jt1135 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:Colorado, California, Oregon and Washington. Been to all of them and I didn't leave anything there so no need to go back. Nice country but can't stand most of the idiots that live there.

    That makes sense, as you appear to be the rural, farm-working type.

    Generally speaking I don't like rural, farm-working people, but I don't mean to denigrate those who are.

    And for the people who are rural, farm-working people, denigrate means 'put down'.



    Really! After all these years everybody around here thought denigrate meant to move the black population out.


    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_hig_sch_dip_or_hig_by_per-high-school-diploma-higher-percentage
    The south is full of idiots. The world needs ditchdiggers too.
    avatar
    Lord Helmet

    Posts : 123
    Join date : 2012-12-12

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Lord Helmet on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 pm

    A song has been written for the elk. Also, you can check the elk out on facebook.

    The people of Boulder are special!
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1770
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Mongrel on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:49 pm

    Lord Helmet wrote:A song has been written for the elk. Also, you can check the elk out on facebook.

    The people of Boulder are special!

    Let me guess: "Candles Flaring In The Wind" composed and performed by Elton's John. Eating improperly cooked elk results in farting around the dinner table such that the candles used for illumination at the typical elk-eaters' abode flare in contact with the high methane-content elk farts. Up there at altitude (as I recall from my brief stay there, around 8,000 feet) there is a lot less oxygen in one's farts so that the good is that they are much less likely to light and the bad news is when they do, "Fire in the Hole!"

    Sponsored content

    Re: Two police officers in Boulder, CO. are put on paid leave due to Elk Shooting

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:51 am