The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Share
    avatar
    Playa Hata

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-12-14
    Location : Bizarro World

    I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Playa Hata on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm

    What do you think NN2 would think of this beauty? Is that the Death Star on the bottom?



    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1764
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Mongrel on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm

    I saw it in a very recent print ad and the head looked a lot better than the pure white one. And a very recent TV spot featuring none other than Dustin Johnson addorned with face paint in the new Taylor driver motif. I think that face paint would be good for him on Tour this year since he seems to go all Davis Love #3 from time to time when he is leading or contending on Sunday and needs to snap out of his Fred (a Cockney-ism for our Brit friends) and get his Warrior ethos on.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1764
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Mongrel on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 pm

    And speaking of Nifty, if he is still alive he's got to be lurking out there. Maybe is someone started a thread in the Non-Golf section entitled something like "Communists are Faeries" or "Commies Suck Real Bad" or "Unions are for Mongoloids" or something subtle like that he would be forced to show his hand and participate. Under a pseudonym of course. "Pseudo" being relative considering the setting.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  FamousDavis on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:58 pm

    Personally, I don't like the look of new RBZ or R series drivers. However, I have no doubt both drivers will be in high demand by those in denial who feel they are destined to discover another 5 yards in distance through the purchase of the latest Taylormade driver.

    It's interesting. I played today with two guys who had the latest TM drivers. One had the RBZ Tour and the other had the R11-S. The RBZ is slightly longer in length than the R11s but not by much. I asked one guy if I could take a look at his R11s, he obliged and I then put my driver (Titleist 983e 8.5) next to it. They are exactly the same length but, to me, mine looks much easier to swing. No comparison, actually.

    Both of these guys were handicappers in the 10 to 12 range and I think the course was too much for them at 6,700 yards. One thing I have noticed with the longer-shafted, 460cc drivers is that the average player seems to swipe at the ball with them. It's almost as if the head/shaft combination makes it very difficult for the average player to keep the club on plane and make an efficient stroke.

    I am by no means long and I was out driving them both all day long. I was also hitting much better drives than the last time I had played the course.

    Take it from someone who has owned and demoed many of the latest, high-tech 460cc drivers. My experience over the last 6 months is that a smaller head driver will deliver superior results with no loss in distance. I'm talking about drivers introduced after 2003. For example, my experience has shown that the Cleveland Launcher 400cc, Titleist 983e and 905s are just as long as anything I've hit.

    Something to consider.
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 837
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Pky6471 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:18 am

    Playa Hata wrote:What do you think NN2 would think of this beauty? Is that the Death Star on the bottom?




    I am sure some will spend money on this, especially my golf colleague from Taiwan... Me? it's waste of money. I don't buy "band-aid"
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Horseballs on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm

    It seems like a step backwards to me. Actually 10 steps backward.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 pm

    I was wondering what the next model would be. Following the R5, 7, 9 & 11 the next natural progression would be R13 but of course nobody would buy that.

    I think I will hold out for the R3 series. I hear it's gonna be badass!
    avatar
    Fluffy

    Posts : 242
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 30

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Fluffy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:23 am

    There is no such thing as a good taylormade driver....

    Taylormade only caters for the average to beginner golfer.

    Even there MB series in blades are crap.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1764
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 am

    Kiwigolfer wrote:I was wondering what the next model would be. Following the R5, 7, 9 & 11 the next natural progression would be R13 but of course nobody would buy that.

    I think I will hold out for the R3 series. I hear it's gonna be badass!

    Titleist has just come out with its new 913. I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 837
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Pky6471 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 am

    Mostly German wrote: I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.

    911 Car is my favorite, I just saw a new 4-door 911 Car on the way to work this morning, very kool ... I bet U could pick up lot of young puSSSy with it Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1764
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 am

    Pky6471 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote: I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.

    911 Car is my favorite, I just saw a new 4-door 911 Car on the way to work this morning, very kool ... I bet U could pick up lot of young puSSSy with it Evil or Very Mad

    I'm partial to the first generation. In particular, the 1967 911S. A four door 911 is an abomination.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  FamousDavis on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:40 am

    Mostly German wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote: I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.

    911 Car is my favorite, I just saw a new 4-door 911 Car on the way to work this morning, very kool ... I bet U could pick up lot of young puSSSy with it Evil or Very Mad

    I'm partial to the first generation. In particular, the 1967 911S. A four door 911 is an abomination.

    I've got a 911 knockoff. It comes in a kit and you snap it together over your Pontiac Fiat. You guys are stupid for paying for the real deal. It's just the label.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1764
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote: I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.

    911 Car is my favorite, I just saw a new 4-door 911 Car on the way to work this morning, very kool ... I bet U could pick up lot of young puSSSy with it Evil or Very Mad

    I'm partial to the first generation. In particular, the 1967 911S. A four door 911 is an abomination.

    I've got a 911 knockoff. It comes in a kit and you snap it together over your Pontiac Fiat. You guys are stupid for paying for the real deal. It's just the label.

    A Ferrari 308 or Lambo body on a Pontiac Fiero is a much better deal. Real Eyetalian sexy body with rock solid US of America dependability. That's your ride, mon.

    Sponsored content

    Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:03 am